Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Official Ninja

where did you get that black metal wire shelf?

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Man I would really like to try and make one of those! :)

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
My work isn't super clean, and I need to redo the overlay. I decided against a fold down screen as the rig is about 40 lbs as is. Easier and safer to be able to detach the screen. I disassembled the screen's stand and mounted the support directly to the setup. The monitor simply slides into place and is fully tiltable for viewing comfort. There are legs to make this thing free standing at cab height. But I need to add some extra bracing to the legs to make it more stable.

Parts are as follows:
Neobitz component converter
Neo Gold control panel/and full wiring loom
MV-1F
switching PSU
happ supers and buttons
textured t-molding
I cut the MDF myself from new stock
Neo Geo cab side art for decals.
19" samsung hdtv

front.jpg

sidetitle.jpg

samsho3.jpg

portopen.jpg

That thing is amazing.

I'm having a friend consolize an MVS for me, and I hope you don't mind that we're using yours as a basis. It won't be near identical, but it's definitely the inspiration.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
I haven't finished my CMVS yet but here's a look at my custom joystick. A homage to the Classic AES Stick.

Sanwa JFL Joystick
Seimitsu screw in buttons

Thanks to Samurai10000 for the custom case and Electrograve for the overlay template which I slightly modified.

3812790779_9127da95f1.jpg

3812790767_25b71927f6.jpg

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I want that stick.

I haven't finished my CMVS yet but here's a look at my custom joystick. A homage to the Classic AES Stick.

Sanwa JFL Joystick
Seimitsu screw in buttons

Thanks to Samurai10000 for the custom case and Electrograve for the overlay template which I slightly modified.

3812790779_9127da95f1.jpg

3812790767_25b71927f6.jpg

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
Here is my MVS that Xian Xi just finished up for me.
It has some nice blue tinted plexi it's mounted to, blue underglow and purple power indicator. Pictures are taken from a crappy camera that can't focus. The unit is very clean with no scratches.

Outputs
DSCN0340.jpg

DSCN0339.jpg

Powered on
DSCN0345.jpg

Great job Xian!
He even put a nice JNX business card in there too!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That thing looks better at your house than it does mine. I think I need to update the lighting in my work area.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
That thing looks better at your house than it does mine. I think I need to update the lighting in my work area.

Just played through KOF '97 a few minutes ago. Everything works great, except my crappy Neo cd pad. Couldn't use the joystick because it would wake people up :\

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Finished my first CMVS! Thanks to Xian Xi for the great guide on how to consolize a 2 slot board. I sanded down the metal cover and took down all the sharp corners to make it more friendly on the hands. Then spray painted it with metal primer and finished it off with gloss black spray paint. I have the battery mod left to do.

3877424796_268db0787d_b.jpg

3877424800_492258c0cf_b.jpg

3877424802_fdb18fdd49_b.jpg

3877424806_26539f0bc4_b.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks good dude. Shoot me 4 good shots so I can put them on my site.

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Finished my first CMVS! Thanks to Xian Xi for the great guide on how to consolize a 2 slot board. I sanded down the metal cover and took down all the sharp corners to make it more friendly on the hands. Then spray painted it with metal primer and finished it off with gloss black spray paint. I have the battery mod left to do.

3877424796_268db0787d_b.jpg

3877424800_492258c0cf_b.jpg

That looks fucking dope dude.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I don't know if there's a cab pic thread but here's my conversion. I like it. :)

I still have to replace the control panel/rewire underneath as it's pretty craptacular but the rest of it is great. I replaced all of the sticks/buttons with Happ parts (hey I like em), got new cam locks and generally cleaned up the whole rig.

IMG_3169.jpg

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
My eyes burn from the LED's in this thread. understated = better.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Don't you have a marquee that glows on your cab?

Yes, but its supposed to be there. its hardly a big blue LED either is it.

Just looks so ricer PC ish

oh by the way its not a marquee its an illumination panel, the marquee is above it :make_fac:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yes, but its supposed to be there. its hardly a big blue LED either is it.

Just looks so ricer PC ish

oh by the way its not a marquee its an illumination panel, the marquee is above it :make_fac:

Ricer PC...LOL

Everyone likes their stuff their own way just like you.

Bskull

Crossed Swords Squire
I usually only like a small LED that indicates that the thing is on, but if it costs money and I am cheap at the time, I consider any lighting to be optional.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't know if there's a cab pic thread but here's my conversion. I like it. :)

I still have to replace the control panel/rewire underneath as it's pretty craptacular but the rest of it is great. I replaced all of the sticks/buttons with Happ parts (hey I like em), got new cam locks and generally cleaned up the whole rig.

IMG_3169.jpg
I like the phtographs around the bezel, they class it up Rocky style...ruffles! I haven't seen a Data East cab conversion 'till now. That cab has potential man, the curve marquee is cool looking, if it was me I try to make something special out of that cab.

Xionicist

NEST Puppet

IMG_3169.jpg

I'm liking the Steel Battalion pedals on the shelf there.

Vertical Tank Pilots represent! :buttrock: