Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

SSS

neo retired
Perhpas you'd be better off cutting some plexi and not laminating the overlay, I think that could give you the look you're looking for.

Definitely will do that. Just might be a while. I've been working on this thing forever, don't know if it will ever be "done". Need some latches for the CP, might add a mini marquee holder etc.. Constant work in progress.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
I'll add mine.

img_0572-2.jpg

img_0574-1.jpg

Where can you find those metal legs that I see people using to prop their CMVS up onto a plexi/lexan base? Can you just get those at any Home Depot? Anyone have a part number?

thanks

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
They're not actually legs, they're called Hex Stand-Off's, these are often used inside computers to mount mainboard's in your casing.

They can be found all over the place, try any electronic store.

Where can you find those metal legs that I see people using to prop their CMVS up onto a plexi/lexan base? Can you just get those at any Home Depot? Anyone have a part number?

thanks

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
My work isn't super clean, and I need to redo the overlay. I decided against a fold down screen as the rig is about 40 lbs as is. Easier and safer to be able to detach the screen. I disassembled the screen's stand and mounted the support directly to the setup. The monitor simply slides into place and is fully tiltable for viewing comfort. There are legs to make this thing free standing at cab height. But I need to add some extra bracing to the legs to make it more stable.

Parts are as follows:
Neobitz component converter
Neo Gold control panel/and full wiring loom
MV-1F
switching PSU
happ supers and buttons
textured t-molding
I cut the MDF myself from new stock
Neo Geo cab side art for decals.
19" samsung hdtv

front.jpg

sidetitle.jpg

samsho3.jpg

portopen.jpg

I so want this!!!

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
I went to my local nuts n bolts shop and pick up a few Hex stands. Should do the trick.

thanks for the tip

L4byr1nth

Rugal's Thug
These consoles all look so nice - That 'Metal Slug' MVS is nearly exactly what I wanted to build!

Are there any guides on the internet to consolizing an MVS? Like, complete walkthroughs for people who have little to know idea about how the system works etc?

I've read a lot since I decided I wanted an MVS, but it seems there are no definitive guides. Most of the YouTube guides seem to assume you have a load of spare DB15 ports lying around, or that you actually know what wiring a JAMMA harness means?

Ben.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
These consoles all look so nice - That 'Metal Slug' MVS is nearly exactly what I wanted to build!

Are there any guides on the internet to consolizing an MVS? Like, complete walkthroughs for people who have little to know idea about how the system works etc?

I've read a lot since I decided I wanted an MVS, but it seems there are no definitive guides. Most of the YouTube guides seem to assume you have a load of spare DB15 ports lying around, or that you actually know what wiring a JAMMA harness means?

Ben.

If you use the search you'll find all the info you would need. Also check out the site this thread was started to supply pictures for, JNX .

L4byr1nth

Rugal's Thug
I tried to search, but every time I do it comes up with a fatal error? Something about too much memory on a certain line?

Ben.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
PIC_0006-1.jpg

PIC_0024-1.jpg

PIC_0021.jpg

still needs some tinkering, i need to install a proper din socket.
i hope to come around to that in the coming weeks.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
alpha: is there plexi for those sides? If not, could add something like that or some sheet metal to keep the dust out and wires safe. Also, black box in the front there? Looks like it has some speaker holes?!?

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
alpha: is there plexi for those sides? If not, could add something like that or some sheet metal to keep the dust out and wires safe. Also, black box in the front there? Looks like it has some speaker holes?!?

yeah, blue plexi glass. the black thing is the inverter box for the CCFL lights.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Saturn CMVS mod is pretty damn nice. Never thought of a Saturn case mod

SSS

neo retired
Man, that is one of the coolest CMVS setups I've ever seen. I just hope that isn't my old 6 slot. :)

buttons and sticks actually are.

The boards in a candy, I still have the control panel, psu, and the wiring loom. Cab was great, just not feasible to take with me when I move again.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
buttons and sticks actually are.

The boards in a candy, I still have the control panel, psu, and the wiring loom. Cab was great, just not feasible to take with me when I move again.

What was the glitch with my old cab? I'm sure it was something simple and easy to fix but it was over my head.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
All that CMVS needs is a nice piece of Lexan/Plexi to go over top of that warped CPO.