PC-Engine CoreGrafX mini

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
But whatever, give it some time and someone will hack the thing.

That'd be good to take advantage of the inbuilt emulator ( if it's better) but as it stands the PS Classic has the highest specs and unsurprising performs the best if you're after general emulation. Unfortunately I suspect the PCE mini will have the same specs as the MD mini.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The Pc Engine will change your life Takaru.

Heh, well, let's see, I'm relatively immune to GAS (gear/game acquisition syndrome) at this point in my life so I don't think that I will fall under the spell of the mighty PC Engine. :)

I'm mainly looking forward to playing the shmups, the system seems to have a ton of them, even some exclusive ones, and of course there's Rondo of Blood which most probably will be the first game I'm going to play.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Heh, well, let's see, I'm relatively immune to GAS (gear/game acquisition syndrome) at this point in my life so I don't think that I will fall under the spell of the mighty PC Engine. :)

I'm mainly looking forward to playing the shmups, the system seems to have a ton of them, even some exclusive ones, and of course there's Rondo of Blood which most probably will be the first game I'm going to play.

In all seriousness though the pce was the one console that I played in my later years that I really enjoyed. There are some real quality games on the console. I don't know if you'll enjoy it but it's worth a try.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
they should bring back the PC-FX. ah well people can auction it, they are only a few $100, but manufacturing new PC FX platforms with PC FX games would be so great. its surprising some PC Engine games even made it to PS3 Japan PSN Store like the Shockman games. as well as Valis I and II (though not sure if they were PC Engine or another platform).

You're an idiot. Valis was pce. Jesus you're so fucking dumb.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yes bring back the PC-FX. Also release it in the west where nobody can read those shitty girly VN games.

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
In all seriousness though the pce was the one console that I played in my later years that I really enjoyed. There are some real quality games on the console. I don't know if you'll enjoy it but it's worth a try.

Agreed. I didn't get a Turbo Duo until a few years ago, and it became my favorite system. Most HU card games aren't too expensive and the system was easy to mod to play burned CD's.

Some of the best shmups, even the non exclusives are fantastic on the PCE.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I just finished loading ~220 GB TG-16 and PCE ROMs on an SD card. I will be inserting this into my SSDS3 very shortly, which will then be sheathing the pin-array on the caboose of my SuperGrafx.

I will then grind everything up and press into pill form. 10x the power of Viagara.

All I can say is that it has taken me ages to amass such a collection, and to personally rip each Huey and CDROM for this.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
All that time and effort and you could've downloaded the complete set over at archive.org

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
All that time and effort and you could've downloaded the complete set over at archive.org

Yah, and I could have done it so simply too by using the Python and Command-Line Interface to Archive.org

All I would have to have done would be to type this at a command prompt:

$ ./ia -d download Project_Peacock

For example to Download Smokemonster's Project Peacock collection of STGs in one easy shot. Even included error listing and resume.

Dang.

But my way of doing it was 100% legal, and I'm all about compliance with the law.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Well ain't this some shit:

https://kotaku.com/turbografx-16-mini-delayed-due-to-coronavirus-1842145102

Regarding the TurboGrafx-16 mini console and its peripheral accessories, the manufacturing and shipping facilities in China have encountered an unavoidable suspension due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. As a result, the delivery of all TurboGrafx-16 mini products, which was originally scheduled for March 19th, 2020, will be delayed until further notice.

We deeply apologize to our customers for the significant inconvenience, and we humbly ask for your understanding and patience while we keep our close attention on the situation. We are investing all of our efforts to deliver the TurboGrafx-16 mini as soon as possible, and will provide further details on the deliver [SIC] timing once confirmed.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Coronavirus strikes again there's even talk E3 might be cancel this year.I did preorder a TG16 mini last month but i would have thought,konami had manufacturing done months ago_Oh well i got plenty of systems to play with to keep me busy.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Coronavirus strikes again there's even talk E3 might be cancel this year.I did preorder a TG16 mini last month but i would have thought,konami had manufacturing done months ago_Oh well i got plenty of systems to play with to keep me busy.

iam8bit pulled out as the creative direction / re-envisioners of E3. Not just because of corona virus but also because of ESA. I'd be surprised if E3 happened this year.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Comic con in Seattle got cancelled. SXSW just got cancelled.

Good news is new cases of the virus in China are going down, so production should pick back up sometime

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
iam8bit pulled out as the creative direction / re-envisioners of E3. Not just because of corona virus but also because of ESA. I'd be surprised if E3 happened this year.
Yeah i heard about iam8bit pulling out.Beside GDC being delayed and E3 might not happen this year it's crazy and even movies,007 no time to die has been pushed back until november.

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
Dang, the TG16 mini was gonna be my birthday present to myself...maybe it'll be here for Christmas?

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
on Amazon & Nin-Nin-Game release date is still the same: 19 march.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Then they're outdated. Konami themselves announced the delay as "indefinite." If we see it at all before 2021 I'll be surprised.

Also seems inevitable that the PS5 and XSX will be delayed.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
There was a preorder option on German ebay but they've removed it by now, that's always a bad sign.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'm afraid this thing may be arriving after the "Mini" console craze has passed. The Turbografx fanboy in me was rooting for the success of this one. It's already hobbled without a clear and firm release date. I've canceled my preorder for now. Hope people don't forget about it.

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
I'm afraid this thing may be arriving after the "Mini" console craze has passed. The Turbografx fanboy in me was rooting for the success of this one. It's already hobbled without a clear and firm release date. I've canceled my preorder for now. Hope people don't forget about it.

Yeah you may be right. I haven't cancelled my pre-order. But the date on Amazon has changed to December 31st 2020. That doesn't bode well.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PCE mini just came out reviews for it on youtube are popping up.If any thing it's uncertain when the TG16 mini will be released either by summer or fall i guess.