offical wwe thread

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The Elimination Chamber is where Cena loses the title back to Styles. Cena will win a triple threat with Styles and Orton at WM to beat Flair's record.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
...and yet you don't complaint about the real problem here. Fucing Cena POS winning 16 times catching up to Flair, this is straight up BS. Thank god that other POS roman didn't win the RR.

I was just referring to the match it self.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Not only did Cena win his fucking 16th world title, he took the belt off of AJ Styles and definitively re-established himself on the top of the pecking order. It's just a giant middle finger to all that Styles has done for WWE in his short time there. Essentially, they're telling the audience that Styles is good enough to be champ while John Cena is busy filming reality shows or shitty straight to video movies. But when Cena shows up, they make clear that they weren't interested in letting Styles run free. The entire time, the point was to build him up enough to make Cena look good while he knocks Styles down.

It's the same old shit. In three years Cena will be where Lesnar/Taker are now and Reigns will be Cena.
I hate you so much when you're right. Although I don't agree with AJ doing a whole lot as a champ, I'm sure he felt constrained with his performance in the ring and his promos, I wish he could have done more but IMHO I don't think he knows how to play around Vince like others have done in the past. Maybe that's better for him, he should just leave and make a clear statement as to why WWE sucks. I know the masses won't care but to the folks that appreciate wrestling it would mean a lot. I dunno why no one just makes it happen, CM Punk did but then it felt like a hollow rant as he's not a wrestler, just one more guy. If Lesnar or Angle would then I could see mountains move, dunno, just a thought.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Lucha Underground's first two seasons are coming to Netflix (US and Canada) on February 15!

This is fucking fantastic news. Also season 3 returns to El Rey Network on May 31

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Lucha Underground's first two seasons are coming to Netflix (US and Canada) on February 15!

This is fucking fantastic news. Also season 3 returns to El Rey Network on May 31

Hell yeah!

I've been missing LU since dumping the dish.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's great news, I'm watching the current season but haven't watched the previous ones. A bud of mine recorded them on BlueRay for another friend, he got them from iTunes and decoded them or some shit but I can't watch it for nothing on my PS3/PS4, maybe he didn't do it right or there's an update that prevents the discs from playing? Anyway I'm pumped!

Some bums in LU, it ain't free from sin.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
No, they're still in the middle of season 3. Just a midseason break.

Season 4 hasn't even started filming yet and won't until summer at the earliest, possibly into fall.

OK, my cable has been shitted and stopped taping LU. So I didn't realize that they were on break.

famicommander

15 Year Member
-Jeff Jarrett is now head of creative at Impact Wrestling, and they're dropping the TNA name entirely soon

-Impact has announced a working agreement with Pro Wrestling NOAH. Honestly, this makes a lot of sense. Both promotions have had massive financial struggles, but both recently got new owners that are trying to rebuild. If TNA can get Nakajima, Shiozaki, or Marufuji to come over for some big shows that would be amazing.

-ROH continues to get hit hard by contract season. Kevin Kelly has jumped to NJPW (though he will still appear for ROH sometimes), Donovan Dijak might finish with the company this Saturday, Kevin Sullivan has quietly been let go, and it's quite possible that Lio Rush and Bobby Fish could leave soon. Adam Cole is still widely expected to leave after April.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
-Jeff Jarrett is now head of creative at Impact Wrestling, and they're dropping the TNA name entirely soon

-Impact has announced a working agreement with Pro Wrestling NOAH. Honestly, this makes a lot of sense. Both promotions have had massive financial struggles, but both recently got new owners that are trying to rebuild. If TNA can get Nakajima, Shiozaki, or Marufuji to come over for some big shows that would be amazing.

-ROH continues to get hit hard by contract season. Kevin Kelly has jumped to NJPW (though he will still appear for ROH sometimes), Donovan Dijak might finish with the company this Saturday, Kevin Sullivan has quietly been let go, and it's quite possible that Lio Rush and Bobby Fish could leave soon. Adam Cole is still widely expected to leave after April.

Even though ROH is the best thing going I see it folding or being bought out in the next three years. Every time they build up talent another promotion comes in and scoops them up with more money. Plus I here there is a lot of turmoil back stage these days.

famicommander

15 Year Member
There is resentment towards the head booker. Lots of it.

But the reason that they aren't changing bookers is because ROH is profitable. ROH has had exactly four profitable years ever: 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. Their attendance is down slightly from 2015 but that's still more than double what it was prior to 2014.

There is absolutely zero cause for concern for ROH's long term future. Business wise they're the best they've ever been.

It's the booking and talent relations that are an issue right now.

They are very used to replacing big talent. They'll build new stars; they always do. They are bigger now than they were when Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, Kevin Steen (Owens), Tyler Black (Rollins), Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, or even AJ Styles were there.

Dalton Castle, Adam Page, Silas Young, Mark Briscoe, Matt Taven, etc are going to get pushed up the card and it'll keep on going.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
One more week to LU on Netflix... Can't wait! As usual when it comes to Netflix shows, I'll be on marathon mode for the duration...

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member

Didn't Fish just resign before Wrestlekingdom? Sucks about Leo but then he too has fallen victim to what plagues ROH in that a lot of talent just gets brushed to the wayside coughACHcough

No loss with Sullivan

famicommander

15 Year Member
"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan?

Ex-Wife of Woman, Kevin Sullivan?

Awful Hogan hanger-on, Kevin Sullivan?

Yes, that Kevin Sullivan. They brought him in as BJ Whitmer's manager during his feud with Steve Corino, because the three have legit ties going back decades. But Corino left and Whitmer doesn't really need a manager in the first place, so there wasn't anything for Sullivan to do anymore.

Didn't Fish just resign before Wrestlekingdom? Sucks about Leo but then he too has fallen victim to what plagues ROH in that a lot of talent just gets brushed to the wayside coughACHcough

No loss with Sullivan

Lio Rush has been booked very strong in ROH. He won the Top Prospect Tournament and has hardly taken any losses. He's right about where he should be on the card in my opinion. He's ridiculously gifted but he's still very young and has a lot to learn.

As for Bobby Fish, he signed a short term (like 4-6 month) extension. He may want to re-sign again or he may want to follow O'Reilly (not sure if WWE would want Fish as he's about to turn 40), or just jump across the aisle to NJPW.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan?

Ex-Wife of Woman, Kevin Sullivan?

Awful Hogan hanger-on, Kevin Sullivan?

Kevin Sullivan, whom Dark Andy tried to suggest was the real murderer of the Benoit Family.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Before my time but LOL!

Dark Andy was an interesting character.

Yes, I understand that Benoit ended up with Sullivan's wife (10 yeas before the murder/suicide). But Dark Andy's reasoning also included the fact that Sullivan was a "Satanist". Surprised he didn't bring up Sullivan's "time" as a college varsity wrestling champion.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Wasn't he into power lifting pre wrestling?

Sullivan's Florida persona was so over. The wrestling mags pics and articles made him seem so evil.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Lol, Sullivan, talk about well overdone pass the expiration date.

Edit: I'm talking about 2 decades ago...

Last edited: