Nintendo NX: What you all thinking so far? Possible fail, or Nintendo's game changer?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Well I'm down if the system is good but at the same time I hate they are parting ways with the WiiU, so far I have enjoyed a good 10 games or so on the system. I hope they continue the VC and the SNES and GBA way of doing it, the NES and N64 are blurry, kinda sucks hard.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Well I'm down if the system is good but at the same time I hate they are parting ways with the WiiU, so far I have enjoyed a good 10 games or so on the system. I hope they continue the VC and the SNES and GBA way of doing it, the NES and N64 are blurry, kinda sucks hard.

I hope you enjoy buying all those VC titles again.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Don't be a douche...I'd buy F-Zero X over and over again 'cause it's that damn good. If the NX can reproduce the games like the Project 64 can, you know back in the VGA CRT days that looked insane...I'd be all over it. Imagine a true 1080p bicubic method, it's gonna look great.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
In the long run I think Nintendo will exit the hardware business and focus on software only. Right now, that is what seems like the best business decision too.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
All the rumors for this machine are that EA is pushing it hard core because it is far less gimmicky and super easy to dev for. If I can play hockey and Mario on one system I'm in.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Just keep delivering quality Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash and I'm in.

Metroid, Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Xenoblade, and F-Zero would be ideal, though.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Just keep delivering quality Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash and I'm in.

Metroid, Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Xenoblade, and F-Zero would be ideal, though.

Too much focus on first party is what got them into the mess they've created over the past decade. They gotta attract the big third party players to the system or its going to fail in the US. They need to look at what they did with the SNES and just copy that.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah SNES was the last great Nintendo console, the other systems are ok but not as transcendental as the SNES was. Apparently the Wii sold big numbers though, so I dunno what's up...

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ain't nobody gonna buy a Nintendo to play EA games. Either they're going to buy it to play Nintendo games or they're not going to buy it. The days of Nintendo having good third party relations are decades in the past. Sad but true.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The fact (?) that dev kits are already out at least shows they're serious about third party development. Dolphin units didn't go out to devs slated for launch titles until a month or two before launch.

Their problem hasn't been so much that they're focusing too much of first party games. It's that they've had a fuck you attitude towards third parties for the past 15 years.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
What about some MKII on the NX, could be just what you need!

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
They need to look at what they did with the SNES and just copy that.

I agree, a superior more flexible system, and a pack-in launch title that not only demonstrates the system's superiority, but is arguably the best game on that system.

Too much focus on first party is what got them into the mess they've created over the past decade. They gotta attract the big third party players to the system or its going to fail in the US.

Attracting 3rd parties is very important. But, I think its more important that they just get their system to sell to their core fanbase, and rehabilitate their brand. This does mean making NX versions of core franchises, though more new games like Splatoon are also needed. And less stop-gap crap, and waggle games.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm definitely down for more Nintendo new Ips. Splatoon was actually fun but it quickly kinda just fades...I'm also down for more core games...couldn't care less for shit like mario party though.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I agree, a superior more flexible system, and a pack-in launch title that not only demonstrates the system's superiority, but is arguably the best game on that system.

Attracting 3rd parties is very important. But, I think its more important that they just get their system to sell to their core fanbase, and rehabilitate their brand. This does mean making NX versions of core franchises, though more new games like Splatoon are also needed. And less stop-gap crap, and waggle games.

Trust me. I worked in retail for a long time, I know what sells here. I can't tell you how many fucking call of duty 4 reflex , NHL slapshot and Madden 2011 I sold for the Wii. I know parents are more likely to invest in a system if it can cater to the whole family. COD/Sports for the average father, casual stuff for the rest. If they make some good first party stuff that will draw in the hardcore, and you got everyone onboard. Make a console Pokemon, a 2d metroid, a new kid Icarus, ect. That thing will sell like hotcakes.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If that report is true, I like what I see. The only thing I worry about is if it's shooting for performance on par with the Xbone, they may be in the situation that the Wii U got itself in where it becomes nowhere near as powerful as the competition if Sony and Microsoft release newer systems or upgrades. Then you're back to having no third parties again.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
If that report is true, I like what I see. The only thing I worry about is if it's shooting for performance on par with the Xbone, they may be in the situation that the Wii U got itself in where it becomes nowhere near as powerful as the competition if Sony and Microsoft release newer systems or upgrades. Then you're back to having no third parties again.

Supposed to be the most powerful of the three on the market.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
- All tech involved uses the exact same hardware layout as the PS4 and Xbox One
- Any game that can run on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One can easily run on the NX with almost no modifications required. This is even more true if the game runs on Android OS or Unreal Engine 4. One third-party developer said "it's the easiest device we've ever developed for. You just take your code, compile it and it works."

R.I.P. PowerPC and backwards compatibility.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Any game that can run on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One can easily run on the NX with almost no modifications required. This is even more true if the game runs on Android OS or Unreal Engine 4. One third-party developer said "it's the easiest device we've ever developed for. You just take your code, compile it and it works."

R.I.P. PowerPC and backwards compatibility.

OK, first of all, that rumor list, some of it seems similar to http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ues_with_those_recent_nintendo_nx_predictions which came from 4chan.

Second: Unreal Engine is just an engine, its a set of tools and code libraries that get compiled to run on a target platform. If NX supports said engine, that DOES make it easier since the dev would have less if any needed code changes as Unreal abstracts most of the hardware layer.

Third: Ease of development does not mean Intel. If you have good libraries and a good development environment you can port the game to any CPU arch so long as the machine is powerful enough to handle the code without significant optimization. The NX needs a machine that can handle anything the XB1 or PS4 could run, and it needs a good dev environment. Case in point: Last Gen the PS3 used a custom PPC stack (Cell) of fixed cores that did require optimization, Xbox 360 and the Wii both used PowerPC. Xbox 360 was the easiest to develop for, and porting to PS3 was very difficult even though they similar architecture.

This just in: the NX will use Hucards

That would be awesome ^_^.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I may not even buy it. My consumer confidence is so let down by the Wii U and those fucking surveys I did for Club Nintendo's last reward, I'm honestly soured at Nintendo. How many fucking iterations of the same shit do we need to play? Splitoon was a step in the right direction, but I don't unload 300$ easily for a few baby steps forward. This company is to fucking stubborn and to behind the times. I get so much out of my PS4. I got so bored playing smash U almost immediately I have literally let it sit. I'm done bothering to buy Nintendo consoles that sit, and a million fan boys and apologists who just defend this company. How many Zelda remakes did we get? This system had killer potential and they named it so poorly and made it so confusing for the consumer, it was DOA. I'm done with Nintendo gimmicks. Give me real content, or I'll just be having a blast on my PS4. Honestly, The PSX always was the true successor to the SNES. Nintendo hasn't been shit since the gamecube.

You know what holds Nintendo back? The art style has never changed. It is the same appearance style endlessly. Doesn't matter what the damn architecture is. The situation is the same, same cartoony look for almost all games. Little sign to move the designs into a new look or different directional feel. Nintendo is crippled by its own brand design. It is crippled by its lack of player diversity. Nintendo is in a mess now because kids don't need them anymore, they all have phones or other methods to play handheld. It's even compounded due to their horrid behavior for free promotion with youtube shit. We live in a interactive age for gamers, Nintendo is a control freak company who isn't honoring the times, and they are on the wrong side of history, and have been. All these promises with the new console. Forget it. The same shit is gonna happen, it may be the most powerful shit on the market, but it's the same games over and over and over. Why would I bother getting another lead weight console? The N64 exclusive days are ending.

3D World was amazing for me and I thought it signified a bright future with the console. I played that game religiously, enough to beat the final stage with all characters. I think I even did it with no power ups just to challenge myself. I was serious about that game, because it was solid.. I thought it'd be a return to good times because we shook off that awful wiimote shit. I loved it, now the Wii U is dead. Guess how many games I own? Not many. We'll never see a game as amazing or deep as bloodborne or other shit on a Nintendo console. The console will not be part of anything with a darker or more serious mood. Seriously, Nintendo stuff ultimately bores me now, and it's a sad state of affairs I went from a ardent supporter to outright disgusted at their predictability. Smash series is worthless after Melee. I remember asking 'how do I wave dash' and that shit or any other deeper level play doesn't exist in smash u. Reggie Fils Aime is a joke to. BTW Nintendo, fuck you for advertising your DLC right in my in game content for Mario Kart 8. Mario Maker is good to, but it's a huge advertising vehicle, and I'm tired of being the used condom of these greedy people.

Tired of this company pandering to casuals and other people who didn't make them what they are to make these boring ass games.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I may not even buy it. My consumer confidence is so let down by the Wii U and those fucking surveys I did for Club Nintendo's last reward, I'm honestly soured at Nintendo. How many fucking iterations of the same shit do we need to play? Splitoon was a step in the right direction, but I don't unload 300$ easily for a few baby steps forward. This company is to fucking stubborn and to behind the times. I get so much out of my PS4. I got so bored playing smash U almost immediately I have literally let it sit. I'm done bothering to buy Nintendo consoles that sit, and a million fan boys and apologists who just defend this company. How many Zelda remakes did we get? This system had killer potential and they named it so poorly and made it so confusing for the consumer, it was DOA. I'm done with Nintendo gimmicks. Give me real content, or I'll just be having a blast on my PS4. Honestly, The PSX always was the true successor to the SNES. Nintendo hasn't been shit since the gamecube.

You know what holds Nintendo back? The art style has never changed. It is the same appearance style endlessly. Doesn't matter what the damn architecture is. The situation is the same, same cartoony look for almost all games. Little sign to move the designs into a new look or different directional feel. Nintendo is crippled by its own brand design. It is crippled by its lack of player diversity. Nintendo is in a mess now because kids don't need them anymore, they all have phones or other methods to play handheld. It's even compounded due to their horrid behavior for free promotion with youtube shit. We live in a interactive age for gamers, Nintendo is a control freak company who isn't honoring the times, and they are on the wrong side of history, and have been. All these promises with the new console. Forget it. The same shit is gonna happen, it may be the most powerful shit on the market, but it's the same games over and over and over. Why would I bother getting another lead weight console? The N64 exclusive days are ending.

3D World was amazing for me and I thought it signified a bright future with the console. I played that game religiously, enough to beat the final stage with all characters. I think I even did it with no power ups just to challenge myself. I was serious about that game, because it was solid.. I thought it'd be a return to good times because we shook off that awful wiimote shit. I loved it, now the Wii U is dead. Guess how many games I own? Not many. We'll never see a game as amazing or deep as bloodborne or other shit on a Nintendo console. The console will not be part of anything with a darker or more serious mood. Seriously, Nintendo stuff ultimately bores me now, and it's a sad state of affairs I went from a ardent supporter to outright disgusted at their predictability. Smash series is worthless after Melee. I remember asking 'how do I wave dash' and that shit or any other deeper level play doesn't exist in smash u. Reggie Fils Aime is a joke to. BTW Nintendo, fuck you for advertising your DLC right in my in game content for Mario Kart 8. Mario Maker is good to, but it's a huge advertising vehicle, and I'm tired of being the used condom of these greedy people.

Tired of this company pandering to casuals and other people who didn't make them what they are to make these boring ass games.

how about you just play the games and enjoy them instead of dramatizing like Nintendo corporate is missing your demographic.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Wii U is awesome. All you sluts need to get real and check yourselves.

My only question is - will the NX support my Amiibos or will it not???!!!!!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
how about you just play the games and enjoy them instead of dramatizing like Nintendo corporate is missing your demographic.

You mean, don't tell the truth?
I just want a switch up. I'm just sick of the same design style, and the zelda remake leeching. The best Nintendo release in the last ten years for me on a true nintendo original level is punch out wii. Which is more disheartening, because it SHOWS that talent is still there, but under represented. People have no idea how good punch out wii actually was. It's and amazing game. It's easily the best of the entire series. The stereotypes, the technique, the design, it's a killer game.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
You mean, don't tell the truth?
I just want a switch up. I'm just sick of the same design style, and the zelda remake leeching. The best Nintendo release in the last ten years for me on a true nintendo original level is punch out wii. Which is more disheartening, because it SHOWS that talent is still there, but under represented. People have no idea how good punch out wii actually was. It's and amazing game. It's easily the best of the entire series. The stereotypes, the technique, the design, it's a killer game.

Nintendo didn't even make Punch Out for Wii. WayForward made that.

Jon

famicommander

15 Year Member
Nintendo didn't even make Punch Out for Wii. WayForward made that.

Jon

Actually, it was developed by Next Level Games. Next Level is now a second party developer for Nintendo,.