Nintendo NX: What you all thinking so far? Possible fail, or Nintendo's game changer?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
So the controller is the handheld. Looks like the buttons are all trigger/bumper based with touch screen input as well. It's certainly interesting.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i f'n despise on screen controls. I'm down to 2 games on my iphone because everything uses that shit now.

I dont think they would do this.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
So the controller is the handheld. Looks like the buttons are all trigger/bumper based with touch screen input as well. It's certainly interesting.

If you scroll down there are other blueprints that have face buttons

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
"While Nintendo's new platform remains shrouded in mystery, company president and CEO Tatsumi Kimishima has made it clear it won't be "the next version of Wii or Wii U."

fingers crossed.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
"While Nintendo's new platform remains shrouded in mystery, company president and CEO Tatsumi Kimishima has made it clear it won't be "the next version of Wii or Wii U."

fingers crossed.

hey cool reminds me of when they said the DS wasn't the next Game Boy

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was thinking that too. It may not be the next Wii U, but I can guarantee that they are going to drop Wii U support almost as soon as this thing comes out, just like they did GBA when the DS came out.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I was thinking that too. It may not be the next Wii U, but I can guarantee that they are going to drop Wii U support almost as soon as this thing comes out, just like they did GBA when the DS came out.

Would be cool if they left the Wii U with an F-Zero title. Wishful thinking.

The VC is dismal - thought it would have carried over from the Wii.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It kinda does. You can go to Wii mode and still access the Wii's eshop from there. Or just hack the wii mode and load whatever you want.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
They are clearly going to hold off on Zelda if this is the real release schedule.
I also don't think they'll do dual platforms like they did with Twilight Princess for Gamecube and Wii.

This is going to shrink their 3rd party support even more.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
No!

I was hoping to get another year with the Wii U :(

Why? So you can get 3 more games? I can certainly appreciate that people enjoy the Wii U (Mario Maker alone makes it worth owning) but even if they waited another year, you would get Zelda and what else...? Another Mario Party and some half-assed Mario sports game? They're not gonna put out a Metroid or any other major title for a system they won't be supporting 6 months later. The Wii U's done. If Nintendo's got games ready and lined up for the NX, put it out as soon as they're ready. 3rd parties aren't gonna make games for it anyway unless it's equivalent to the other consoles in both hardware and input.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Fuck, that patent submission looks atrocious!

I held off on the WiiU and was very keen on what the NX was going to offer but as of now, I am disappoint.

If it's good, I'll go for it, but fuck you Nintendo, jus' sayin'!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
They are clearly going to hold off on Zelda if this is the real release schedule.
I also don't think they'll do dual platforms like they did with Twilight Princess for Gamecube and Wii.

This is going to shrink their 3rd party support even more.

That's what I keep saying on the Facebook game groups, but people keep freaking out telling me that no one knows for sure. It's obvious this is going to happen. I wouldn't even be surprised if the wii u gets shafted on Zelda this time to boost NX console sales. Nintendo is fucking evil.

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
About the controller patent, I just don't see how they think this is what the fans want. They need a system without a gimmicky controlled loaded with top Nintendo titles (Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc.) On the console side of things I am beyond done with them. I can't believe they are putting out another console already, but I guess they need to do something- at the risk of Sega-ing themselves.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I would love a snes style controller, with analog implemented, and a docked handheld. I could even deal with a Vita style handheld that acted as controller

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Patents can be far from reality. Don't get too focused on those.

I am also hoping for a Vita style handheld that act as controller.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Market share-wise, Nintendo can't hold a candle to Microsoft and Sony since the GC days so they're trying to fill the niches between console and PC gaming with the usual Mario and Zelda stuff, a combination of console and handheld gaming and a bit of wiggle-waggle thrown in for good measure. The new system will undoubtedly follow the same path because anything else would be suicidal for them. They've opened up a new clientele so it would be silly to go back to a standard system.

God, the world of video games became so fucking boring over the past 10 years... but that's prolly just me I guess.