New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Well, they've announced that if the budget remains low then the game will come out in January next year. So whether it's release day or more gameplay to come, that's probably when we'll be hearing more from them either way.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
It's sort of a Catch-22.

By that I mean I don't want to pre-order unless it gets the full love and support.

But it won't get the full love and support unless we pre-order.

Plus after the whole GunLord AES fiasco it's not like I'm dying to throw money at them...

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
If I had the money to pre-order I would, but I don't.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'd rather they made the game as good as possible and not worry about a meg restriction based on pre-orders, but I understand why they do it. I have faith the game is going to rock, though. I know home cart users are fretting over Gunlord and Fast Striker. I understand that too, but NG Dev Team got pretty screwed on those home cart boxes :\ Here's hoping that when the shipment finally does come it will last them a while. That, or, someone needs to start making them boxes.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'm kind of waiting on a standard non-LE version but maybe there won't be one.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
ok. i haven't read up entirely on this game.
but,
wut MVS cabs have vertical screens? is there a letterbox mode or something?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'm guessing that the xyx editor they used has this feature built in, so they might as well make use of it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Please read the whole thread, guys.

if i read entire threads of everything on this forum, i would get nothing done. I'll leave that to other people.

anyhoo. i foundz it.
"
Currently it plays only as tate. But it's possible to rotate controls. Which works surprisingly well!
Whether there will be a letterbox tate vert mode or not hasn't been decided yet. But the NEOGEO can't rotate sprites so it will be a little bit difficult to pull off. We basically would need to program the game twice* and need to rotate and scale all graphics.

*=exaggeration

Added infos:

The HUD, title screen, logos etc. rotates with it. It plays more or less like a hori in YOKO mode. There will be pictures of both mode down the line. "

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
if i read entire threads of everything on this forum, i would get nothing done. I'll leave that to other people.

anyhoo. i foundz it.
"
Currently it plays only as tate. But it's possible to rotate controls. Which works surprisingly well!
Whether there will be a letterbox tate vert mode or not hasn't been decided yet. But the NEOGEO can't rotate sprites so it will be a little bit difficult to pull off. We basically would need to program the game twice* and need to rotate and scale all graphics.

*=exaggeration

Added infos:

The HUD, title screen, logos etc. rotates with it. It plays more or less like a hori in YOKO mode. There will be pictures of both mode down the line. "

The first six or so pages of this thread were people both melting down and coming to the defense of the screen orientation. NG Dev Team hasn't given a definitive (and may not have even decided yet), but at this point it seems like just the controls and the FIX layers swapping is the most likely scenario.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Good looking game here! Is the teaser running on actual Neo Geo hardware?

PS I find the big bonus icons a bit distractive.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Do a home edition and I'll preorder! Yeah I know but still.....

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
With the Continue dialog still being in horizontal, it makes me believe you guys are still trying hard to get this to work in both orientations ;) Looks great. I can't wait to play it.

Zhar Johnson

Cheng's Errand Boy
Whats up with the Continue? it seems like it needs to be rotated 90 degrees or is it going to be like that?

Mokum

Real Time User Mokum,
Do a home edition and I'll preorder! Yeah I know but still.....

You do but I don't ;)

What's the issue with the AES version? I browsed the thread a bit and found nothing about it (ofc it is just me)...

boss0033

Kula's Candy
Man, this looks to be the best effort so far from the NG Team compared to their prior releases which I didn't purchase. Add the fact that it looks to be the best vert shooter on the system and I'm sold, 411 euros later!

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
After seeing that this game is going to be compatible with the Deadalus I think I'm going to just by the MVS version instead of waiting for an AES release. Hopefully that will help lead to a bigger game.

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
After seeing that this game is going to be compatible with the Deadalus I think I'm going to just by the MVS version instead of waiting for an AES release. Hopefully that will help lead to a bigger game.
Very cool move. I haven't heard anything from NG:DEV.TEAM on if the meg count has increased since they started taking orders, so I would assume it hasn't, but I'd be interested to hear an update from them.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member

I must have missed this, where does it say XYX is going to be compatible with the Deadalus?