New Fatal Fury and KOF XIII Global Match From SNK Official

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Man I really hope they don't have planes in it. It's looking great so far tho
I don't think plane shifting is ever coming back. Not unless they did something that's 2.5D a la Maximum Impact, which ain't happening.

Its clear this is intended to be a MOTW sequel, so its definitely going to take after that rather than previous Fatal Fury games with two to three lines to shift around on.

doaal

Marked Wolf
I am looking forward to playing the new Samsho, I just don't feel like I've yet plundered the depths of the old ones. 1-4 is familiar territory but I haven't yet dug my teeth into anything after. Will check out KOF 14 and 15 eventually as well. Even SNK Heroines has its fans.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I just don't feel like I've yet plundered the depths of the old ones.
giphy.gif

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Plane shifting was a way to introduce a 3D element to a 2D game at a time where 3D was all the rage.
I would, and have, argued that the plane shifting is a staple of Fatal Fury that has been there from day one.
It's not a FF game without it.
Garou is its own series set in the same place with a different cast that also features some of the old players.
This is not a new Fatal Fury game.
This is Garou replacing FF in the SNK lineup.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I am looking forward to playing the new Samsho, I just don't feel like I've yet plundered the depths of the old ones. 1-4 is familiar territory but I haven't yet dug my teeth into anything after. Will check out KOF 14 and 15 eventually as well. Even SNK Heroines has its fans.
Okay. Maybe in another 10 years.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
There's nothing that's mandatory.

SS5 was meh. SS5 Special was great and worth checking out, but again, nothing mandatory. 6 was meh. The two on the Hyper Neo-Geo were meh. Warriors Rage on the PS1 and Sen were hot, flaming poo.

HellioN

20 Year Member
You guys are basing all this on a couple of shots of the 3D models in a teaser trailer, maybe a few developer comments?
You have a point.
Hell, far as we know what we see isn't even actual gameplay.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
It's obviously using the KOFXV engine and while I don't think it's going to have line sway I'm sure it'll have something substantial aside from just the story to set it apart from KOF.

I'm really interested to see the backgrounds and how they present Southtown. Also I'm hoping we get some classic style FF music.

If this gets the same level of effort as Sam Sho 2021 I'll be pretty happy.

doaal

Marked Wolf
Okay. Maybe in another 10 years.
The way I see it is, there's no rush. Takes SNK at least three years to make a sequel so why exhaust the entire back catalog. If I was seriously hyped I'd play them right now.

doaal

Marked Wolf
There's nothing that's mandatory.

SS5 was meh. SS5 Special was great and worth checking out, but again, nothing mandatory. 6 was meh. The two on the Hyper Neo-Geo were meh. Warriors Rage on the PS1 and Sen were hot, flaming poo.
I like to check everything out and see how franchises evolve over time. 5S I like what I've played, to the point where I hope to pick up a MVS copy eventually.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Looks like we're going to get physical.
I'm just going to get the standard for both Switch and PS4.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
WgOXZfb.jpg

xgWRSQD.jpg

Edit : delivery ~ February 28, 2024

Last edited:

doaal

Marked Wolf
The throwback AES-style snaplocks feel totally different. And Limited Run uses a soft shell case that doesn't try to replicate the AES cases, yet they have a throwback insert.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Certain games like this KOF XIII re-release are obviously meant to be digital-only releases. There aren't any discs at major retailers. The Limited Run games and their ilk exist to fill that niche for the diehard physical collectors.

It's kind of cool they exist, but they haven't gotten any of my money. I'm totally fine with certain minor releases being digital-only in this day and age. I bought Mighty Number 9 on physical because you could just go to Best Buy and get it.

Seeing the ride-or-die 'physical only' people complaining on social media that they can't play the game at release because they are still waiting for the physical release is kind of funny.

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
Anyone know if there's a physical US version, standard or collectors? I know they aren't region locked I just like US box art for my collection.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Seeing the ride-or-die 'physical only' people complaining on social media that they can't play the game at release because they are still waiting for the physical release is kind of funny.
Those people don't actually care about the game, they just want another thing for their collection.

What's really funny is when the digital release has already been out for like a year and gone on sale for peanuts and collectards are still waiting for their super deluxe physical edition.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
But guys. You get a fake Neo Geo box for your shelf. Think of all the cool junk from Lootcrate you can store inside. The game is 2.7K megs.

1691682214256.png

HellioN

20 Year Member
Anyone know if there's a physical US version, standard or collectors? I know they aren't region locked I just like US box art for my collection.
This is probably all there is going to be.
I've bought this damn game 5 times now.
I keep doing it because I want SNK to keep making games.
I'm such a fanGooB.