New Fatal Fury and KOF XIII Global Match From SNK Official

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
So based on the prior art and the included voices we can assume at least the following for the initial roster?

Terry
Andy
Joe
Rock
Mai
B.Jenet
Kevin
Marco
Hotaru
Gato
Tizoc
Billy
Kain

Since we’re not following the original roster from the Garou sequel that was in development on the neogeo, it’ll be cool to see where they go with this one. Maybe have Duck, Bear, Rick, and other og’s return since Andy and Joe are being included this time around :buttrock:

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I guess it was foolish to get my hopes up that it would be anything but a MotW sequel.

Urgh Kevin why? He was always a dull design and personality.

Did wonder if the locations in the trailer could also be hints of characters? Just kept looking at the Factory mention on the map and wondered if it was referencing Mr Big?

Seeing her in motion I did like Joe's apprentice and wondered if they would bring her in. Hope so.

Animation I'm fine with so far. Yeah I would have preferred it in 2d and blah blah blah.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
By the time they're done releasing DLC content it could be more.
Yeah, it would help if they added a lot of characters, but I was hoping more in terms of engine and stuff. Button layout and combination arts of the Real Bout games. Maybe some 3D version of line sway or something. Something to make it feel like Fatal Fury rather than KOF-lite or MotW's impersonation of SF3. I've just never been that big a fan of MotW. And if you take the 2D animation out of it, I'm really not a fan.
Urgh Kevin why? He was always a dull design and personality.
Spin is going to show up and regulate on you.

doaal

Marked Wolf
SNK's 3D is getting incrementally better. Will probably pick up Garou 2 as from what I understand KOF XV and Samsho play pretty well, despite the visuals.

We need a XIII UM with retooled balance and EX versions of characters. Wouldn't require any new sprites.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
SNK's 3D is getting incrementally better. Will probably pick up Garou 2 as from what I understand KOF XV and Samsho play pretty well, despite the visuals.

We need a XIII UM with retooled balance and EX versions of characters. Wouldn't require any new sprites.
Remember when SNK fans used to say "gameplay over graphics"?

Regardless, I think the visuals for both are great as well as the gameplay. They're not cutting edge Netherrealm level stuff, but they don't need to be for the art style they use. I definitely recommend picking them both up, particularly Sam Sho if you, like me, are tired of the combo heavy fighters of the modern age.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
SF6 definitely has better visuals than KOFXV, but that's a newer game with a new engine. KOFXV looks quite good in 4K HDR.

Yeah, it would help if they added a lot of characters, but I was hoping more in terms of engine and stuff. Button layout and combination arts of the Real Bout games. Maybe some 3D version of line sway or something. Something to make it feel like Fatal Fury rather than KOF-lite or MotW's impersonation of SF3. I've just never been that big a fan of MotW. And if you take the 2D animation out of it, I'm really not a fan.
From what they've shown so far, I think it's too early to say.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Agreed. Yasuyuki Oda has been waiting to make this game for about a decade now. Joined by a team that includes many of the original developers who have worked on prior games in the series, I’ve no doubt it’ll be a passion project with respect for the series as a whole and gameplay to match.

For anyone who may have missed this interview that followed the original announcement:

Last edited:

The new samurai shodown is the best in the franchise since 3.
Pity anyone who won't play it just because it's not sprite based.