New Fatal Fury and KOF XIII Global Match From SNK Official

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Wow, KOF XIII no Steam ?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
If Rick come back and we get a new Fighting Ex Layer it should be deemed Year of the Yim since you’d be on a roll.

What’s next new Jackie Chan Fists of Fire? New Sega Rally? New Final Fight Revenge arcade with Marquee? New Jambo Safari? The possibilities could be endless

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Is MOTW an actual fatal fury or a separate thing? I guess the games are so wildly different in the series it doesn't matter. I think everyone is expecting MOTW2 though and it's going to be another FF.

That made more sense in my head but yeah

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Is MOTW an actual fatal fury or a separate thing? I guess the games are so wildly different in the series it doesn't matter. I think everyone is expecting MOTW2 though and it's going to be another FF.

I think Motw is just later timeline but same story, no? How does Real Bout fit in the overall og Fatal Fury arc?

I love MOTW but I want a more Real Bout Special type game as well. I think the KOF engine goes well with the color palette too

Last edited:

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I know it would never in a million years happen, but I wish they'd release an update to the 360 version with whatever changes they do for these PS4/Switch releases.

No doubt the 360 version being already backwards compatible on the One & Series consoles is why it was skipped over, but it would still be nice to have rollback and crossplay. As a consolation at least Xbox owners can still play 02UM, 96UM, and NGBC.

And Neowave ♥️

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Goenitz yes for KOF15 and i am surprise snk has decided to give kof13 another chance with rollback :oops:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm surprised they're not marketing it as PS4/PS5. Not all that smart to leave out a current gen console that's been out of the gate for almost two and a half years, even though it's totally forward compatible for those in the know.

Anyways, still great news, and it's inevitable that the Steam edition will get that same rollback code as a free update.

Xiangfei is at the top of my wishlist for the new FF. Epic pants and all. Her and Kim can have a pants-off.

doaal

Marked Wolf
I assume it'll play like MOTW but bring back characters from the other FF games. The original plans for Garou 2 included Joe's disciple, but now Joe is confirmed for the sequel. So SNK wants to bank on everyone they've kept relevant through KOF, at the minimum.

I was holding out for a XIII Ultimate Match, cause that game could probably use a balance patch and some EX versions of characters. I'll still take the rollback update.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Considering how labor intensive that spritework was, I'm not surprised there's no UM version with additional/EX characters.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member

MOTW never felt like a FF game to me.
I've always considered it to be its own thing that was set in the same place with a bit of crossover.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Seems like the verdict in my previous thread about custom kof 98 characters was that sprite work for a character can be whipped up in no time! I know better though, from painful experience. https://neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/kof-98-with-street-fighter-and-dbz-characters.269625/
Buddy. In your head, you're imagining they made SvC Chaos-quality sprites for Goku, Ryu and Ken, with good animation and their own moves. The truth is probably not as perfect as you imagine.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Buddy. In your head, you're imagining they made SvC Chaos-quality sprites for Goku, Ryu and Ken, with good animation and their own moves. The truth is probably not as perfect as you imagine.

I don't have anything to add but hey I found this picture of KOF style Goku.

1680824708155.png

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Kinda looks like a modded Ryo sprite.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member

yup. I'm with you on this. MOTW sequel is flushed down the shitter. This will be a new FF.

A new ff with garou characters, don't forget first art had kain and rock.

My guess is it'll play somewhere between ff and garou and story wise it will be a continuation from garou.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

I would say it's meant as part of the FF series, and was trying to follow on SF3's footsteps.

I've always thought FF was SNK's answer to whatever SF was doing at the time:

SF1 : FF1
SF2 / SSF2: FF2 / FFS
Alpha series: Real Bout Series
SF3 series: MotW and its cancelled sequel

Fygee

20 Year Member
I would say it's meant as part of the FF series, and was trying to follow on SF3's footsteps.

I've always thought FF was SNK's answer to whatever SF was doing at the time:

SF1 : FF1
SF2 / SSF2: FF2 / FFS
Alpha series: Real Bout Series
SF3 series: MotW and its cancelled sequel
Which, if rumors are true, the new FF may mirror SF6 by having it be an open world concept that allows you to explore Southtown.