New Fatal Fury and KOF XIII Global Match From SNK Official

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
WgOXZfb.jpg

xgWRSQD.jpg

Edit : delivery ~ February 28, 2024

It looks like they offer standard editions as well for a normal price. In just the basic Switch and PS4 cases. And those have a November release date.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I know it would never in a million years happen, but I wish they'd release an update to the 360 version with whatever changes they do for these PS4/Switch releases.

No doubt the 360 version being already backwards compatible on the One & Series consoles is why it was skipped over, but it would still be nice to have rollback and crossplay. As a consolation at least Xbox owners can still play 02UM, 96UM, and NGBC.

And Neowave ♥️
Your avatar is the Iraq Lobster from Family Guy. Saw a clip yesterday.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

No lines confirmed
I wish goobs like this would stop spreading the fallacy that RB2 has no story. The endings are textless, but some do advance the story as much as any of the endings in FF2, for example. And SNK released a story in text form, printed by Gamest at the time of the game's release. The fact it never happened to get translated into English means less than nothing. And fuck Dominated Mind anyway. Stupid know-nothings love their dorky anime intro. Like one of the canon games was going to be a shit port and leave out an actual numbered Neo Geo game.

Also, it's hard for me to take anything this guy says on the subject of FF seriously when he keeps saying "lanes".

On the subject of multiple lines, it probably wouldn't have really made sense to use old style lines in a 3D game anyway, but it would be nice if there was some kind of sway or maybe a sidestep like in Wild Ambition. Anything that makes this game a little more like a real Fatal Fury game and less like MotW would be welcomed by me.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I wish goobs like this would stop spreading the fallacy that RB2 has no story. The endings are textless, but some do advance the story as much as any of the endings in FF2, for example. And SNK released a story in text form, printed by Gamest at the time of the game's release. The fact it never happened to get translated into English means less than nothing. And fuck Dominated Mind anyway. Stupid know-nothings love their dorky anime intro. Like one of the canon games was going to be a shit port and leave out an actual numbered Neo Geo game.

Also, it's hard for me to take anything this guy says on the subject of FF seriously when he keeps saying "lanes".

On the subject of multiple lines, it probably wouldn't have really made sense to use old style lines in a 3D game anyway, but it would be nice if there was some kind of sway or maybe a sidestep like in Wild Ambition. Anything that makes this game a little more like a real Fatal Fury game and less like MotW would be welcomed by me.
Holy fukk we could be bros concerning FF.
And yes, Fuck Dominated Mind.
Shit game.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

Indeed. Though RBFF2 was not a story-focused entry in the series (confirmed in interviews with Oda-san), it is still an episode with elements that carried forward in the narrative.

I posted additional information with sources in an older discussion here:

"All About SNK Taisen Kakutou Game 1991-2000" states that the following games have "no story" (therefore the events therein are not considered part of the timeline):

Fatal Fury Special

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (which would include the Dominated Mind port)

In the same book, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 did not receive the same "no story" designation.

With that said, in the decades since that book was created, Oda-san has indeed gone on to state that the game featured “no story line, as the game was developed in only a few months”, which is definitely the case since the game has little to no narrative. However, Lao’s canonical introduction and presence in the series’ story as it went forward means that its place as an episode at the time was fairly unique and apart from the dream-match style “Special” games in the series.

Sources:
All About SNK Taisen Kakutou Game 1991-2000; pg. 20, 47, 57, and 387.

Last edited: