NeoGeo CD on the Dreamcast

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
kc said:
If they cant run Snes at 100% speed how will they do Neo geo

I'm wondering about this as well.

It will probably never run at decent speed..

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
kc said:
If they cant run Snes at 100% speed how will they do Neo geo

That's strictly the fault of the emulator and how it was coded (i.e. poorly). If the system can play PS1 games at full speed with enhanced graphics (remember Bleemcast?), then it can definetely play SNES games. Just have to wait for someone to program a decent emu.

Chuplayer

Crippled Idiot,
If it emulates faithfully and cuts down on load times, I'll be all over it like... well... something, but I'll definitely be all over it!

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Chuplayer said:
If it emulates faithfully and cuts down on load times, I'll be all over it like... well... something, but I'll definitely be all over it!
white on rice?
:D

Greenguard

n00b
SNES emulation will reach fullspeed on the DC eventually. There is a new SNES emulator being worked on by scherzo. His first release was awesome for a first release and now he is starting to code everything in asm. He has vowed to reach fullspeed emulation and will do so, so keep an eye out for his emulator superfamicast. This is a link to his website

www.superfamicast.com

Te problem with SNES emulation is the complexity of the sound processor requires more juice than the DC as left after main cpu emulation.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I remember someone saying that bleemcast betas were out.
did they have one for R4 or any of the ridgeracers (rage)?
I remember they had pics of R4 as their promo pics in magazines
before sony shut them down.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
rarehero, I think a cracked image of the "blue" version of Bleemcast has been floating around about a year. Compatibility is hit-or-miss though.

Nick Goracke

I'm still around!?,
Wolferaizer said:
Sorry mate, imo Nebula suck shit, on NeoCD especially. :shame:

I'll stick with original NJ NeoGeoCD Emu. :lol: :loco:

I couldn't even get Nebula to run properly (graphical glitches)...

I think this is a wonderful project if people are able to use original software to play. When you take out the load times via emulation, I prefer playing the Neo CD versions because of the arranged soundtracks.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
wow thatd be great, as long as it runs in its native resolution.

every dc emu ive used so far, well, doesnt, and it comes off looking like crap and feeling well 'fake'

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
its common knowledge Ian Michael can dev, but I didn't ever intend him to carry on with it - he always seems to 'take over' and never supply anyone else with credit.

oh well, I'll be happy to continue with help if I'm needed.

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I will definantely support this! Sounds great! Considering that I have just bought a Dreamcast to be able to play the Neo ports for it.
Now I could play my old Neo Cd games on my dreamcast with less load times! Sounds to good to be true almost! We got to give this man what he needs to complete this emulator thingy!!:buttrock:

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Temjin said:
We got to give this man what he needs to complete this emulator thingy!!:buttrock:

MONEY? j/k

.. i truly support this... imagine playing SAMURAI SHOWDOWN 4 on DC or RBFF2!:buttrock:

FI0RIAN

Rugal's Thug
x-box can emulate as the dreamcast do if i rememver right , i think as she is more powerful it should work better on it :p

FI0RIAN

Rugal's Thug
oh yes , it would be so cool if gp 32 could emul neogeo lol :D

i already have a pcengine emu on it , i have more than 70 games and there fonction at full speed and all :loco: :loco:

sadly the snes emulator is not a full speed yet :crying: :crying:
so i think it will take a long time before seeing a neogeo emu on it

Yamazaki_RJ

Overtop Pathfinder
I don't mind to emulation in PCs, but emulation in consoles is interesting, caught my attention.

Recently I found a Mame version running in a PS2, and burned a CD with some old roms (the emulator is in development and don't run games beyond 1992, I think).

Prehistoric Isle run cool without sound! :glee:

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
The emulator at DCemulation that run neo roms on the DC is really crap. It has no sound support whatsoever. If you enable sound everything becomes extremely slow and the games are unplayable. Without sound though I guess you could play some of the older neo geo games on it.

I checked the Neo Cd emu thread today and they seem to be making progress! Sure hope they release something!:drool_2:

dbarrett0928

Banned
IMO

The neo will run at 100% speed and even better...better than even the cdz...I know a user on the neogeocd.net forums that actually has a modded neo cd w/ a sega cd hard drive and disc drive in it and there is no load times at all. Its beautiful, this should be interesting.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Re: IMO

dbarrett0928 said:
The neo will run at 100% speed and even better...better than even the cdz...I know a user on the neogeocd.net forums that actually has a modded neo cd w/ a sega cd hard drive and disc drive in it and there is no load times at all. Its beautiful, this should be interesting.
:spock:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Re: IMO

dbarrett0928 said:

That sounds as credible as the AES HDD moded eBay auction.

Heidern98

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Where can i get the PC neo cd emu at.... Im really interested... I have like 30+ games for neo cd... Good luck with the project...

Ianmicheal

n00b
done

OK good news the emulator is now ported and working speed with out sound is close to 98% ON PUZZLE BUBBLE.

I have worked with blackaura, gpf,foster,quzar.

to get this all working beta release will be very soon maybe today .show your support in the dc topic or my forums or site..sound will-not be working on the firstt release.but dont fear it will be working soon..great day for use neogeo and dc fans

We will need people to test games to see what is working and what is not..

contactme if you want to be a tester for that.

Last edited: