NeoGeo CD on the Dreamcast

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
Neo4all(the best neogeo cd emulator on dc) Does not real games that have generic neogeo cd protection. Reburn the disk with the copy protection removed and it will play them.

Thanks, I didn't realise NeoCD games had any kind of copy protection. I'll give that a try.

As for Neo CD on the Xbox - I don't have an Xbox to try :)

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Where do you get the disk img to burn and then you just swap out games?

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
I can confirm that backing up your original NeoGeo CD games and reburning them to CDR works best with Neo4All.

Just been playing a CDR version of my original of Real Bout FF on my Dreamcast and it's flawless with fast load times. Wierd that the original disk doesn't load but eh.

Now to get a Playstation NeoStick 2 and a PSX-DC controller adapter for the real NeoGeo CD experience :glee:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Now to get a Playstation NeoStick 2 and a PSX-DC controller adapter for the real NeoGeo CD experience :glee:
Neo Stick 2 = piece of shit for diagonal movement in fighting games. I have two, and learned the hard way.

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
Neo Stick 2 = piece of shit for diagonal movement in fighting games. I have two, and learned the hard way.

Bummer, I was under the impression it was a perfect repro of the original SNK stick. Maybe I'll stick to my old faithful DC stick then.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Bummer, I was under the impression it was a perfect repro of the original SNK stick. Maybe I'll stick to my old faithful DC stick then.
Oh, fuck no. It's heavier, the ball is bigger, and for some reason moves don't come out. Seems to work fine for shooters, however. I've heard the Stick 1 is better, but they are harder to come by.

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
Oh, fuck no. It's heavier, the ball is bigger, and for some reason moves don't come out. Seems to work fine for shooters, however. I've heard the Stick 1 is better, but they are harder to come by.

Wierd that they changed the design - you'd have thought using the same parts / moulds would have kept thier cost down = bigger profits.

I'll keep an eye out for the stick 1 but the UK isn't exactly a hotbed of Japanese video game imports.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Plus changing the design sort of defeats the whole purpose of selling a reproduction of the Neo Geo stick.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
I haven't had any trouble with my Neo Stick 2...

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
fuk then I guess that means that I have to get another DC only to play de NEO GEO CD games :buttrock:

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
fuk then I guess that means that I have to get another DC only to play de NEO GEO CD games :buttrock:

I'm currently playing more NeoGeo CD games on my DC than DC games! The DC ports of the later KoF games are better than the Neo CD versions though.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I bought a NGCD after playing neo geo cd games on my dreamcast. Good times all around

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'm currently playing more NeoGeo CD games on my DC than DC games! The DC ports of the later KoF games are better than the Neo CD versions though.
Maybe the DC versions have more features or load faster, but in terms of arcade accuracy, no. We've had the discussion to death before, and basically Neo CD games aren't really ports because they run from the same code.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Especially w/ games like MOTW. The Dreamcast version (while much cheaper than AES) is not exact to the neo geo source. Not that I really care, but its still a port

just_nega

n00b
just b4 2 days i played it
ss4 cd on my ntsc dc with dc arcade stick
soon i will provid u with pics
and vids

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
The dc emulator works good. Although there are a few games i cannot get it to work with.

On the other hand my ps2 neo geo cd emulator plays them all.