Neocartman is now live!!

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I just downloaded Opera and tested out and worked fine.
(using opera 11.10 beta)

What wasn't working for you?

this new version of opera changes a lot of things, if it works there ok. The release will follow soon.

What happens on 10.63 mac ppc and 11.01 x86 vista is a complete stall of the tab with continuous 100% processor usage, everything returns to normal once the tab is closed.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Interesting. Okay, I will take a closer look tonight at home. Thanks for the heads up.

mrbippers

Kuroko's Training Dummy
PB/BAM isn't on there because I've never seen one with a serial number. Of course if someone does have one and submits it then it will be put up.

What is the amazon affiliate link you are talking about?

When you show the toolbar and click the "Help Out" link it brings up the page.

"We have an affilate account with Amazon. If you do any of your shopping with Amazon, consider using our link below as your bookmark to the main page. That gives us a little cut of all the purchases made through the link and helps us in getting those critical funds to try and keep the servers going and pay for the bandwidth to run sites like Neocartman. We don't get any personal information from your using the link, just a small cut that we are incredibly greatful for receiving. If you use the link of the banner below, you will be doing just that and we greatly appreciate your help!"

Guess maybe that's for your host then?

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
When you show the toolbar and click the "Help Out" link it brings up the page.

"We have an affilate account with Amazon. If you do any of your shopping with Amazon, consider using our link below as your bookmark to the main page. That gives us a little cut of all the purchases made through the link and helps us in getting those critical funds to try and keep the servers going and pay for the bandwidth to run sites like Neocartman. We don't get any personal information from your using the link, just a small cut that we are incredibly greatful for receiving. If you use the link of the banner below, you will be doing just that and we greatly appreciate your help!"

Guess maybe that's for your host then?

No, it's for me. I didn't have any content in that view for a while. It was a recent addition, which for now, just tries to provide a way to defray server costs. If we ever are looking for some other help for projects or expansions, they will be posted there as well.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just submitted some games.

The list doesn't work with Opera but works with Omniweb(webkit).

Would be interesting to add game version information for Shock Troopers' submissions.

What do you mean by game version?

What do you mean by game version?

The two variations of Shock Troopers:

You are incorrect.

There is no way to toggle the changes between the two versions of Shock Troopers. It is an actual change in the program roms. Here is the lowdown between the two versions, I shall call them Version A and Version B.

Version A
-The player's lifebar consists of 128 "points". (whenever you pickup a life-restoring item, the number of points that it adds is shown. The first-aid kits are worth +64 points)
-When a new credit is started, the lifebar does not start fully filled up at 128 points. In Lonly Wolf the lifebar starts at 112 points, and in Team Battle it starts around 90-96 points (I do not remember the exact amount right now, but it's somewhere in that range).
-At the start of each level, it will show you each character's "rating" for the level. They will be given anywhere from 0-3 stars for the level. The higher the star amount, the faster that character will be able to move ON THAT STAGE ONLY. In addition to this, if a character is rated 2 stars a +8 life bonus will be added, and if they are rated 3 stars they will get a +16.
-You are given only one life. If you are playing in Team Battle, all three characters share that lifebar, so once it runs out it's game over.

Version B
-The player's lifebar consists of 64 points, which means you can only take half as much damage before dying.
-Lifebar starts at 100% in both Lonly Wolf and Team Battle modes.
-There is no display of the star rating inbetween stages, and no life-ups are given for characters that are rated 2 or 3 stars on the stage. However, THE STAR RATINGS ARE STILL THERE EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NOT DISPLAYED TO THE PLAYER, so characters will still move at different speeds depending on the level.
-By default the game is setup to give you 3 lives in Lonly Wolf, and a 3-character team in Team Battle. This setting is changeable in the soft dips under "HERO" to be a number from 1-8 (Yes, this means that if you change it to 8 and select Team Battle, you will all have 8 characters on your team). The "HERO" setting is absent entirely on Version A.
-Also worth noting that in Team Battle if the game is finished after 1 or 2 of the characters die, those characters will not be present in the ending. In Version A all 3 characters will always be there (since they all share one lifebar, naturally).

That's pretty much it. It's still unclear as to why there are two different versions in the first place, considering the game only saw an MVS release. I have a US cart and a Japanese cart, and they're both Version B. No serial number is given on the Japanese cart, the US one is 011XXX (all my carts are in a box right now). I'm pretty sure somebody here had a Version A cart with a low serial number, so it seems to imply that the Version A carts are in fact earlier. Strangely though, there are some screenshots of Shock Troopers contained in the Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad Original Soundtrack booklet, and they are clearly screenshots of Version A. Hmmmm.

Oh, and just as a correction in this thread (although Shito already pointed it out), changes in stuff like intros from AES to MVS do *NOT* count as a separate version of a game. All the data is programmed onto every game, it just depends on which format the game is running in of course. Magician Lord IS a game with two separate versions though, the MVS carts are programmed with the smaller lifebar and the "respawn where you died" function. The AES carts are programmed with the larger lifebar and the "restart the level when you die". If you somehow played the MVS version on an AES, you would get the extra AES-specific intro AND be able to play the game in the "respawn where you died" format.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Its possible the version b could be something triggered by a bios region. You got a link to the original thread?

Its possible the version b could be something triggered by a bios region. You got a link to the original thread?

there are two program romsets available for ST in mame, it' a game program revision not something you can change in soft dip.

It's a significant change, that's why I think it would be worth to catalog.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148099

I never tested that kof98 tip from BBH, some earlier mvs change. Ill grab the romz and check it out.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
That would only take a second to test in MAME.

All I learned is that Shock Troopers is a pretty cool game. Then I fell asleep.

That's no reflection on the game, of course. Once I tried to play Art of Fighting laying down, and I work up with arcade button imprints in the side of my face. A B C & D.

My point was that I couldn't get it to do anything special by changing the options around.

Last edited:

PESTILENT

Armored Scrum Object
I noticed there are two Striker 1945 Plus categories. The "Plus" is capitalized on one and not on the other.

PESTILENT

Armored Scrum Object
Mine is the only one on the lower case "plus" so it was my typo. I didn't consider it being case sensitive.
So for example, if I type in KOF or The King of Fighters, will it go to the proper category, or will it also make a seperate one?

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Mine is the only one on the lower case "plus" so it was my typo. I didn't consider it being case sensitive.
So for example, if I type in KOF or The King of Fighters, will it go to the proper category, or will it also make a seperate one?

No, for now all manual submissions see some human intervention. Just, on occasion, we miss one.

The next version (which is in the works) will have a smarter form input which will let you select from a list of games and other pre-parsed logic before final submission.

Additionally, I've been working on some a new parsing algorithm for reading in updates on the database which will account for those types of variations (some of it is simple such as case insensitivity, but others are a little trickier).

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Most notable "active" cart was a Super bubble pop one.

Serial # 128

It has reached the end of its journey. I don't sell my stuff.

My Puzzle Bobble has a serial. I can't add anything while in Korea though.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It has reached the end of its journey. I don't sell my stuff.

My Puzzle Bobble has a serial. I can't add anything while in Korea though.

Haha, for that game you're doing us a favor. I literally owned it for 10 minutes and then sold it.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
Is it me or is Ghost Pilots not on the list??

Edit - Dosn't have a serial number??

Last edited:
Damn dude, you still using the browser that came with your PC? jk

Well, yea. I like the IE for some reason, don't wanna use another browser. And i´m not the only one by far. Why you guys don't make your site compatible to one of the most common browsers is beyond me.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Well, yea. I like the IE for some reason, don't wanna use another browser. And i´m not the only one by far. Why you guys don't make your site compatible to one of the most common browsers is beyond me.

Matt is working on it. IE is picky with coding which is why most don't prefer it. But of course now with the windows phones IE is going to be used even more.

If anyone wants some reading material.

http://www.iesucks.info/

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert

This is addressed on the about page. Please refer to that content for your answer.
The synopsis: neither of us do this for a living and both have limited free time. Spending time to learn and code hacks and workarounds for a browser that we don't use is not of the highest priority right now. So we ask, for now, that you either use a less oppressive browser, or give us some time.

Sure it's a common browser, and yes I am working on fixing a few of the JS and CSS things for IE. But I've been far too busy in my limited free time working on the code to run the database and work with the ajax requests.

Why people don't use a more standards compliant browser is beyond me.
But to each his or her own.

James and I both are doing this in our miniscule amount of free time, and at least for me, this means coding on this between 12am and 4am. Once I have everything set in Python the way I like it, I will get to some of the browser UI stuff again.