Neocartman is now live!!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thought about adding mine but I have no idea of the date obtained for any of them.

If date is unknown then the current date is fine especially if you still own the cart.

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
Wow, what an awesome idea. Can't imagine compiling and entering it all though; you guys truly have the love of NEO flowing through your veins!

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I'm pretty disappointed right now with how many carts I have that are scratched off or just don't have a serial.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Haha, I know what you mean. Any secondary serial numbers?

Priority goes like this:
Original Cart Serial >SNK Silver Serial (Small)Usually found on cart label) > SNK Silver Serial (Large)Usually found on side).

So we prefer the original serial but if it's missing and you got one of the silver serials then that is perfectly fine since it's SNK produced.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I still don't quite get how it works, but I entered the couple carts I have with serials. I have 2 more in a box somewhere that I've been looking for anyway, so hopefully I can put them in spoon. (<-meant to say "soon" but some typos must be allowed to live)

Do you have any in there yet that show having been to more than one place?

Priority goes like this:
Original Cart Serial >SNK Silver Serial (Small)Usually found on cart label) > SNK Silver Serial (Large)Usually found on side).

I also don't quite understand this either. Where would the original serial be found, if not on the label? Also, none of my carts have anything on the side that I can see.

Sorry to be dense.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Most notable "active" cart was a Super bubble pop one.

Serial # 128

All the entries you see right now are taken from ebay, and various forums and pictures on the internet. I collected the title, region, serial, location and date for those games.

So now when you add your games and later sell them to someone and they sell it to someone you can see where the cart has been.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I also don't quite understand this either. Where would the original serial be found, if not on the label? Also, none of my carts have anything on the side that I can see.

Sorry to be dense.

LOL not dense dude. A lot of people don't know those as well.

The original serial is of course the serial on the game label. The small silver SNK label is usually found on JP carts on the cart label and has a serial number on it. The large silver serial sticker is usually found on the older carts and is usually applied on the side of the cart covering the top and bottom shell as if it was also used as a warranty/void sticker.

http://mvs.gotwalls.com/index.php/Serial_Number_Labels

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
So now when you add your games and later sell them to someone and they sell it to someone you can see where the cart has been.

I see why it's sort of a foreign concept to me. I will never sell my games, and am mildly insulted by the mere notion......but I guess I'm weird. ;)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I see why it's sort of a foreign concept to me. I will never sell my games, and am mildly insulted by the mere notion......but I guess I'm weird. ;)

Then think of it from the reverse side, you bought the games from someone who probably bought them from someone who also probably bought them from someone.......blah blah got them from SNK. ;)

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Then think of it from the reverse side, you bought the games from someone who probably bought them from someone who also probably bought them from someone.......blah blah got them from SNK. ;)

Yeah, that part is still fascinating, but who keeps serials for games they sold? I mean, I hope somebody does, but I've never even thought about my serials until today. Then again, I don't collect kits, I guess.

Also which part of the spine is the Japanese serial on? My RBFF came with a xerox label over the original, but the warning sticker is Japanese, so I assume it is too.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If the game is missing it's because the update hasn't gone through yet. It's set for every 6 hours.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
If the game is missing it's because the update hasn't gone through yet. It's set for every 6 hours.

Hey, did you see my other question above?

Also, if I were going to suggest something (which I'm not), it would be an "expand all" option once you click on the game. :vik:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hey, did you see my other question above?

Also, if I were going to suggest something (which I'm not), it would be an "expand all" option once you click on the game. :vik:

We had that initially but I opted to take it off as it fills the screen on certain games that have a lot of entries.

As for the japanese serials they are on a silver sticker to the left or right of the game title on the label. In some rare cases certain japanese releases have serials like a US region cart would.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Wow this kinda makes me want to sell a couple of carts, just to track them.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Strikers has been updated... nice to see it listed in it's final resting place...
Just got the rest to do... managed to work out rough dates from most of them through paypal.

One thought though, James. With the form to enter games, it would be nice to have a drop down for the list of games! Without it you are going to have a nightmare dealing with typos.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Another thought I just had (I am not suggesting anything...)

The more this gets used, there will be alot of entries against each game. It would be nice to have a count of entries against each serial.

Just a thought...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Strikers has been updated... nice to see it listed in it's final resting place...
Just got the rest to do... managed to work out rough dates from most of them through paypal.

One thought though, James. With the form to enter games, it would be nice to have a drop down for the list of games! Without it you are going to have a nightmare dealing with typos.

That's actually already in the works. but for the typos I use excel so it only takes a second to fix everything.

Another thought I just had (I am not suggesting anything...)

The more this gets used, there will be alot of entries against each game. It would be nice to have a count of entries against each serial.

Just a thought...

I thought about that but I decided not to have that since I'd rather keep the surprise factor for when it's opened.