NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
DAT HOLE 15!!!!! FAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWK :thevt:

Ya...Ya Laugh it up Oli.

One slip, just one little slip cost me a -21.
I had hole 15 lined up for a birdie and then overpowered by one and missed. The tension...the nerves..and I fucking choked. The ball then rolled down the hill. On the par shot the damn thing sat right on the edge of the cup.
OH NO!!! BOGEY!!

In other news, from a secret back room in the clubhouse. Operation Eagle Trap is in development. I've used it to sink my first ever Albatross in this game as well as give my Eagle game a huge boost.

I need to drop some parts off at EG's place, so hopefully we can fully test it and post up in a few days.

bustedstr8 | -19 | Germany | German | MVS | 1CC

Spoiler:

16758794053_7b3b4058db_c.jpg

17191509690_7cae53e381_c.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
bustedstr8 | -19 | Germany | German | MVS | 1cc

Congrats str8, you're the king of the (green) hill here. I never ever had an Albatross and only Operation Grand Slam rings a bell in my head... and that saved my life once ;). Keep on keepin' on.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
been away too long gonna try to put up a USA and AUS score this weekend!

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
MA Crew Turfes Invitational? I'll bring the Arnold Palmer.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Giltygear | -4 | Japan | UK | MVS | 4 Credits

I need to learn how to take pictures... :(

Spoiler:

neo_turf_board.jpg
neo_turf_card.jpg
neo_turf_list.jpg
neo_turf_rank.jpg
neo_turf_credits.jpg

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I've got some OK scores for the USA and Japan courses that I need to post, but the Germany and Australia courses kick my ass. I think the best I've done on Ger/Aus recently is about even or -1. I find the German golfer difficult to use on the Germany course, because he can't hit high enough to get over a lot of the trees; I have to use a lot of hook/slice shots to get around them.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Operation Eagle Trap:

This is a method to get single pixel accuracy for iron shots off the fairyway. I've found that the arrow can be very inaccurate and even if you line it up perfectly you may miss the pin by a good yard.

This works best with no wind or wind perfectly parallel to the shot.
The idea behind it is to use the golfer view and the pin to line up the shot. You take the single pixel line of the pin and line it up on a single pixel from your golfer for a consistent shot.

For example I used the German to test it out, but you could probably figure it out fairly quickly with any golfer.
When I had a fairway shot I would drop down to my putter, since his head would move in close to the pin and offer me something easy to reference.
Now that I am in putter view I would tap the stick to move the view 1 pixel at a time until the single pixel line of the pin was directly over the pixel between the Germans eye and nose.
Reselect the normal club you would use and take the shot.
This is as accurate as you can get in a game like this, single pixel accurate. It's still not 100% dead on, but it's damn close. If you don't hit the pin you will just miss it by an inch or so. Now all you have to do is get your power spot on and it's time to start dropping Eagles off the fairway.
The wind is still something you have to deal with in most holes, but I think lining up shots this way instead of the arrow will still give you a better chance to accurately adjust for that as well.

On The GWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Eagle Trap is a a success, scored an eagle on the US 1st hole, oh man chip in eagle, first time ever thanks to Bustah Woodz!

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Eagle Trap is a a success, scored an eagle on the US 1st hole, oh man chip in eagle, first time ever thanks to Bustah Woodz!

Dude-it's f*cking Eagle Day on the course man! I got my first Eagle tonight on Hole 7 of the Japan Course!!! I fell out of my chair I was so freaking stoked about it.

Sadly holes 15-17 continued to be the bane of my existence for the rest of the run. They've ruined every good run of Japan I've had in the last week. In the end, I finished up at 0-still a two point improvement over my last score.

ShootTheCore | 0 | Japan | German | MVS | 3 credits

Spoiler:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Woooo!

Keep them entries coming!

I'm trying to improve my scores that's why I haven't made any entries yet, all my attempts are either the same or not as good. I'll get them double digits someday.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I managed to up my game a little more on the Japan course. Eagle Trap isn't quite getting the Eagles for me yet, but it is getting me closer to the hole. Mostly I just need the stupid wind to leave me alone. 10-12 mph gusts all over the place...

ShootTheCore | -3 | Japan | UK | MVS | 3 Credits

Spoiler:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
ShootTheCore advances two places in JAPAN, this is Nancy's Report!
MTE4MDAzNDEwMjg1OTg3MzQy.jpg

Los Turfes Club 4LF!

Last edited:

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
I've been enjoying the NGPC version so much I had to grab this one too. I was amused to see how much more abusive it is than its tiny counterpart. Hopefully I can get some halfway decent scores (under par, at least) for all the courses over the long weekend.

Caplet | -5 | USA | Veteran | MVS | Credits 4

Spoiler:
L8wUFof.jpg

NGQK2LF.jpg

7JsacKq.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
^Read and read, this thread has lots of pointers within itself.

I've been enjoying the NGPC version so much I had to grab this one too.
Nice of you to join the big leagues, thanks for your entry and welcome aboard!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
No worries man, glad to have you aboard and looking forward to your scores. In the OP you'll find the format for submissions and as you can see there's plenty of room for everyone interested to participate, you don't have to be a slugger so don't feel discouraged if your score isn't up to par with the top players, if you go through the pages you'll see all the progress some of our Club members have made. For example ShootTheCore, he has gotten so much better, all it takes it's practice and patience.

Welcome to Los Turfes Club where everyone is a winnah!
JS41478565.jpg

Last edited:

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
I didn't have nearly as much time to play over the weekend as I'd hoped, but I did manage a few rounds.

Caplet | -3 | Japan | Veteran | MVS | Credits 4
Spoiler:
tW1iFoZ.jpg

wzfLbtR.jpg

y1q1LSK.jpg