NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I've been putting in at least one run a day after work - but just can't put it together. Most start out solid but then one nasty hole kills it. Hoping to be able to put in more than one run tomorrow.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I've been putting in at least one run a day after work - but just can't put it together. Most start out solid but then one nasty hole kills it.

Playing as regularly as you do mj is the key, but... you have to play two times the same course on one day, one after another, then leave a day off for other things (or other games), then do it again.

This way, your learning curve will be going up faster, since you'll be able to revise your mistakes from the first run on the second. And the most important thing is, you should play a course from hole #1 to the very end, no matter, how bad it looks. Otherwise you won't be able to improve. I do it myself and it's working.

You can play on water on AES and maybe CD version, i think there are other differences, like no time limit.

The only difference, as far as I know, is the time limit, which really sucks, because having enough time to think is crucial. But the water hazard is also present on MVS, you have to fall in near the shore though and even then, it happens only accidentally, that you're given the possibility to choose shooting from there.

By the way, it is also possible to slide over the water, if your shot was very low and you have a strong tailwind. There's an extra animation sequence for it. But I could only pull it once during my entire time spent with this game... and you can slide over a bunkers sand, too. No extra animation though.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Never thought of playing the same course twice on a row but now that you said it, it makes complete sense, great advice! Also all the advice on the mental measurements depending on the situation, golden stuff right there.

I have a few questions, when choosing the backspin do you hold back as you choose your elevation or do you just tap it and then choose your elevation? Also, if there more than one setting on backspin/forward roll or is it just a one setting per use, also if you were to press up or down on the stick depending on what you need, would you be stuck with your choice once activated or can you go back like the slice and hook where you can go back and forth indefinitely? Sorry to bug so much but I mind as well take advantage of the situation since I rarely get to talk with a connoisseur ;), thanks!

For the guys playing MVS and having issues with time; You can set the timer to 29:59 per turn if you must at the soft dip settings under the test menu. If you have a Uni-Bios there's also a cheat for infinite time, don't think it should affect the game at all with this. I usually play HDRemix on XBL and while I wait I play some Turfes and go back and forth between the 2. Pretty handy and it keeps me sharp!

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Yus! Finally, I killed it!

Spoiler:

RKYEqDv.jpg

I mean...I killed it in the original sense if killing it. I murdered this game. Again, the bad way.

94JZzJb.jpg

mjmjr25 - +6 (31th place) - US - The Architecht - MVS - 5 credits

Made par on the first 10 holes, (2-putted 1-9). Had a birdie on 11, 13, and 14. Was feeling good, then tripled the final 3 holes.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Trying is always better than not trying. Look at ShootTheCore, he started ruff but fnally got an under par run and a real good one at that, you'll be there in no time.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I figure at least get on the board. Now I at least have a target to try and beat each run.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's why I made it 20 spots, in case competition got heated there's still plenty of room for lots of folks to be part of this. I know 20 is a long stretch and we haven't gotten lots of submissions yet but we're just starting, so this is a good time as any to keep practicing and rank up on the tables. I know you'll get better, guaranteed!

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
After a short leave of absence, ShootTheCore is back on tour!

First up is a fresh stab at the USA course. I improved from +9 to -3. Pretty happy about that.

ShootTheCore - -3 - USA - German - MVS - 4 credits

Photo Apr 30, 4 28 24 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 30, 4 28 30 PM.jpg
Photo Apr 30, 4 28 59 PM.jpg

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I also tried out the Scotland course on CD. Holy crap that course is hard! I thought about not even submitting my score, except that posting it inspires me to try harder. At least I hit par on a few holes and even got a birdie on one. Next time I'm taking the Technician though - the Shot Maker is no good if you get in trouble and the very definition of Scotland is being in trouble. Trees are the bane of my existence.

ShootTheCore - +32 - Scotland - German - CD - 7 credits

Photo Apr 30, 5 22 15 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 30, 5 22 23 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 30, 5 22 56 PM.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hey 1st Scotland run submitted!

Gave you 3rd for the tie on the US, I feel you deserve it more than I do ;)

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Finally, I'd also like to comment on the liabilities of playing with a handicap. Instead of doing something useful (like serving as a mascot) the black monster in the bottom of the photo likes to dig his claws into my arm right when the meter is charging on a difficult shot - with obvious results. Anyone need a caddie?
Photo Apr 30, 3 58 55 PM.jpg

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
That muthafuckin Australia 14th hole. So much for posting my first score here. Need more beer.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
It was tsunami season Japan and I was getting pelted by 15mph wind during the last few holes.
So many shitty chips onto the green, that's if I didn't wiff outright.

bustedstr8 - -10 - Jpn - German - mvs - 3 cred

Spoiler:

17329021715_69ed8e39c4_c.jpg

16706570494_9c1e65690c_c.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Double Digits fiends going on here!

I'm gonna have Nancy make a statistics report when we have a good 10 records per course with everyone's results up to that point. Keep posting photos of your runs to be able to count pars, eagles, etc.

Spoiler:
Asian+Girl+Bikini+Golf.jpg

...Nancy says she likes the spoiler format of submissions as it makes for a better read for the thread but completely optional athough she encourages random shenanigans out in the open, fiercely.

Edit: Looking for a gofer graphic to use for the banner, please feel free to post some so we can use them. Talking with bustawoods we talked about using some in game pixels. We could also pixelate the gofer, make it blend. Animation is beyond my means but any help would be most welcome.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Something like pocket-gopher-photo.jpg? Source image isn't the best but it's a mockup.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I'll need to get in on this. Love me some Turf Masters, but I've had to take a break after my GF destroyed my ego hitting a hole in one.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Let her have her moment though, sharing is caring.

My GF plays NTM with me and I gave her a NGPC way back so I gave her my double of NTM NGPC and she loves it too, now it's a game we can both play together and chill. Wish this game was more than 2 players.

I wanna have a Los Turfes meetup and have at least 3 setups running the same course, would be cool, problem is finding the players. I know Bustahwoods and DZ would be all over it.
Spoiler:

25731f8351121b25f98fcdb7513281bc.jpg

4ecec8b2603384b5d4ee24080d41bc43.jpg

7680ba4258bb06b20e8b0bbf21761f10.jpg

d1d0b8bab37c4da2e4941a8b1eaff16f.jpg

electricgrave | -7 | Germany | UK | MVS | 3 Credits

Do you guys like the bars better that the hypens? Someone in the NGPC NTM score thread suggested it and we got lots of underpar going on, feels like it makes for a better read, any thoughts?

On another note, here's a little something I messed around with, always open to suggestions.

Last edited:

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
bustedstr8 | -17 | Germany | German | MVS | 1CC

Flickr is crashed, so no pic rotate...soddy.

IMG_0571[2].JPG

zz

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just like in real golf, the spin is usually used with/against wind. If you have wind blowing toward you a top spin will cut through it, if the wind is blowing north, backspin will make the ball get carried by the wind.