NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Finally, I'd also like to comment on the liabilities of playing with a handicap. Instead of doing something useful (like serving as a mascot) the black monster in the bottom of the photo likes to dig his claws into my arm right when the meter is charging on a difficult shot - with obvious results. Anyone need a caddie?
View attachment 24947

Why is your screen so bright?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't mean to kill the mood, but the gopher kind of looks like a vagina if you're not looking too closely.

Now that you mention it, it does look rather odd. I'll work with another one later, thanks for the heads up.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Replace the eagle with a gopher.

I first read Gofer and thought instantly about Gradius II... would have been awesome ;).

But back on topic here, today I had a 4hrs session on the South-Pacific Open and out came one of my best runs so far.

The last shot wasn't easy...

OLI-AUS-000.jpg

...but I kept Nancy happy ;).

OLI-AUS-001.jpg

OLI-AUS-002.jpg

The most remarkable shot was hole #16. Wind was 8m to the north-west, so it easily could have been '...a bad day'. This birdie won the course for sure...

OLI-AUS-003.jpg

OLI-AUS-004.jpg

OLI-AUS-005.jpg

oliverclaude --19-Australia-Shot Maker-AES-0 continues

Scotland is inevitable...

Edit: Forgot my score entry for posting.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I have a few questions, ...

My pleasure ;).

...when choosing the backspin do you hold back as you choose your elevation or do you just tap it and then choose your elevation?

You have to keep holding it and then tap your altitude. Once tapped, just gently let go and score.

Also, if there more than one setting on backspin/forward roll or is it just a one setting per use...

Just one setting... after which is daven for the best.

...also if you were to press up or down on the stick depending on what you need, would you be stuck with your choice once activated or can you go back like the slice and hook where you can go back and forth indefinitely?

If you let go of your stick before tapping in the altitude, it resets your decision immediately. But once tapped, there's no way back and you'll just have time for remorse...

Theres a trick that works for some games which consists of keeping internal rank constant during the whole play. For this you have to play on default settings, insert coin, let timer run out and don't skip any sequence. Works only on MVS.

Never heard of this, source please... but, regarding rank, I do suspect that there is a connection between it and your position on the score board. Obviously, rank kicks in more, the higher you are located, once you hit the 1st place, it lets you know, who's bigger badder better. So this time around, I intentionally lost the birdie on hole #8 and look at my score. Who said Battle Garegga was first to introduce rank based suicidal strategies? I love Nazca.

And now get this, it is strongly advisable to start your course on one of the lower places on the score board. This way 'round you'll economizing on some precious time. As I recall, the machine lets you start somewhere from rank 27th-15th. If you get 15th, prepare yourself for a windy city early on ;).

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I wanna have a Los Turfes meetup and have at least 3 setups running the same course, would be cool, problem is finding the players. I know Bustahwoods and DZ would be all over it.

Let me know, I'm down for sure. Would like to learn from the masters.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
[/QUOTE]
Never heard of this, source please... but, regarding rank, I do suspect that there is a connection between it and your position on the score board. Obviously, rank kicks in more, the higher you are located, once you hit the 1st place, it lets you know, who's bigger badder better. So this time around, I intentionally lost the birdie on hole #8 and look at my score. Who said Battle Garegga was first to introduce rank based suicidal strategies? I love Nazca.

[/QUOTE]

It works for some early titles, but i haven't tried in this one. I guess if you look how your rank evolves, and how wind kicks in, you could tell if it works. By the way: is the hole placement random or is it tied to your rank?

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I have a new score for the Germany course - dead even. Doesn't move me up the score board, but it's a nine shot improvement for me. I'll take it.

ShootTheCore | 0 | Germany | German | 4 Continues

Spoiler:

Photo May 02, 5 20 49 PM.jpgPhoto May 02, 5 20 42 PM.jpgPhoto May 02, 5 21 08 PM.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
bustedstr8 | -17 | Germany | German | MVS | 1CC

This is impressive... it took me two years of intensive regular play to get my first -16 on woody. You, sir are a natural! Kudos on this stunning achievement, the video I posted seems to do the trick ;).

Too bad, there's no chart, let me get straight to the chase then: How did you perform on hole #15? Was there a birdie? It is the toughest one to get in my book.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
My pleasure ;).
Thanks Oli, you're advice is extremely valuable in this thread.
Let me know, I'm down for sure. Would like to learn from the masters.
I'll keep you on the loop for sure!

I have a new score for the Germany course - dead even. Doesn't move me up the score board, but it's a nine shot improvement for me. I'll take it.

ShootTheCore | 0 | Germany | German | 4 Continues

Way to go STC, you're getting better!

This is impressive... it took me two years of intensive regular play to get my first -16 on woody. You, sir are a natural! Kudos on this stunning achievement, the video I posted seems to do the trick ;).

Too bad, there's no chart, let me get straight to the chase then: How did you perform on hole #15? Was there a birdie? It is the toughest one to get in my book.
butst3dstr8 always had a knack for some games, he's business on Blazing Star as well.

I like charts 'cause I'd like to make an statistics report someday...with Nancy's help of course.

Good Morning Turfes!
49ac522e746ec.jpg

Ready to hop in?!

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,

15 is the bane of that course, I bogeyed it on that run.

I wouldn't say I'm a natural. Turfes has been a favorite of mine for the last ten years. After a dry spell of not playing it, only takes a little while for me to be back in the thick of it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
butst3dstr8 always had a knack for some games, he's business on Blazing Star as well.

Blazing Star, eh? With auto-fire or without? If it's the latter, I'm all ears... auto is beginners only.

And by the way, anyone knows boss0033? His hints could be even more valuable; based on his Hall of Fame entries, his a master turfer ;).

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I hopped in with Nancy for the first time last night. I did not finish the course because I was half awake. I had a lot of fun.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Blazing Star, eh? With auto-fire or without? If it's the latter, I'm all ears... auto is beginners only.

And by the way, anyone knows boss0033? His hints could be even more valuable; based on his Hall of Fame entries, his a master turfer ;).

No turbo scrubs here ;)

I hopped in with Nancy for the first time last night. I did not finish the course because I was half awake. I had a lot of fun.

Oh Nancy is always up for fun times...

tumblr_nao6rxV2tA1slc8sco1_1280.png

...and so am I.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
You should shove your cock into Nancy's ass.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Double Bogey.

You have to give up playing this hole... and then some.

No turbo scrubs here ;)

Then I'm even more impressed now... will check str8s Blazing entries in the gameplay section, should proof to be a rewarding lecture.

On another note though, EG, what happened??? First the uber-stylish brand new avatar, then a rank that's comin' straight from the Story Teller or Iron Maiden or whatever... get out of here, it's a home run. You've become a Hipster all of a sudden, or what? If so, then please post pics of your flashy sneakers, bushy & manicured taliban beard and handheld gadgets hanging' out from your Kenneth Cole shirts chest-pocket, connected via a golden 3,5mm to your Beats by Dr. Dre. We'll have a stroll ;).

Edit: ..of course for typos.

Last edited:

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Pretty sure ElectricGrave is just a huge Tears for Fears fan:

I swear I'm going to turf it up this week. I'll make a point of getting some holes in tomorrow so long as I don't end up working late.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
tysonwwenetwork_3mb.png

...I am guilty as charged of being a retro-hipstering douchebag...

I do like tears for fears but I had maiden in a piece of mind...har har

...and Demitri is the man, super hip lord of the underworld.

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Beelzebub | -7 | Japan | German | MVS | Credits 3

Spoiler:

Score Japan -7 1 of 2.png

Score Japan -7 2 of 2.png

Finally got a score that was worth posting! :D

Only played this game a couple times, and never too seriously. Though I do have a fondness for golf games, having played the hell out of the Tiger Woods games for the Wii. So I played a few rounds last night on the Japan course to get some practice. Did horribly at first(16+ or something, lol). Finally at the end of the third round I was sitting at a 9+, which was still not too good, but at least an improvement.

Fast forward to this morning, and the first round of the day. I don't know what it was, probably just a fresh start(and a fresh cup of coffee), but I did so much better than last night. I got a couple really lucky shots, such as my first chip-in Birdie, and a nice shot to the green after a risky bounce off the edge of a sand bunker. Probably would've made it a -9 if I hadn't hit it out of bounds on the last hole. :emb:

Still, I'm having tons of fun with this game. Might have to do another round on the Japan course and see if I can do a bit better!

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Pretty Amy | -7 | Japan | Japan | MVS

Spoiler:
PWQ2WMG.jpg

hZxUp9V.jpg

Not great, but good enough to post. Does it show you the # of credits used at the end or do we have to count it as we go? Either way, I missed it for this game. Definitely used a few.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
There's a credits used screen shortly after the chart or the input name screen, could be right after the game over screen, check out previous posts, some had taken shots of it. Credits is not a must per say but it would be good to have for statistics report later down the line.

Doing better, don't be discouraged, -7 is still good, just 'cause Busted and Oli have double digits doesn't mean that you're not doing well.