Neo stick working on Xbox!

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Can something like this be done for a saturn pad to work? I know they make a magic box to use a saturn pad but would modding an s controller with a port for a saturn pad while leaving the headset feature working on the controller. I would be interested in that if possible.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
It is possible, but you would have to mod first the saturn pad (for example, to make it work in the neo) so it doesn't work in the saturn anymore. Once that is done, then you can use the mod described here just in the same way.

10 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
It is possible, but you would have to mod first the saturn pad (for example, to make it work in the neo) so it doesn't work in the saturn anymore. Once that is done, then you can use the mod described here just in the same way.
I want all six buttons to work since this will be used to play SF3.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yes, it would be possible to wire all 6 saturn buttons to the A,B,X,Y,Black,White xbox buttons. Possibly you can also wire L,R to the triggers too.

10 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Yes, it would be possible to wire all 6 saturn buttons to the A,B,X,Y,Black,White xbox buttons. Possibly you can also wire L,R to the triggers too.
well chop chop
someone get to it
I would but i'm handicapped not physically but mentally

BIG

sony fanboy
Fats,Butta..

Hit up Sonofx51,I'm sure he'd be up for this task. He's done it to his 'Bawks type S,so I'm sure he'd be more than happy to help you guys out..;)

BIG-

Sumez

The Ultimate 11
Alright, I was ready to hack up a Dreamcast pad to make a converter for using a Neo Geo stick on my DC.
Then I saw this mod and realised that you don't need to sacrifice anything to make the converter - You can still use the pad afterwards. Thanks. :eek_2:

However, what does "NC" mean in the pinout description on GamesX?
I'm assuming those pins aren't used by the NG stick, or what?
The thing is, I want to leave some space open for a possible custom six button arcade stick in the future (using roughly the same pinout). While I can play Street Fighter with two punches and two kicks, it's just not as great (but still better than using a crappy DC controller).

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
NC=Not Connected, so you are right, and yes, it is possible to use those pins for connecting aditional buttons.

Sumez

The Ultimate 11
Yay :mr_t:

I guess I'll map select and start to L and R. Not like you need the start button in Street Fighter III anyway.