Neo Geo Games That Should Have Gotten a Sequel

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Blazing Star, can't believe I'm the first to suggest it... and i guess Pulstar... :P

i repeat:

Facepalm_stick_figure.jpg

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
ah fuck what an idiot... lol oh well i've learnt something new :p move along :p

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
At least that one is a little easier to realize than, say, Gunlord being a sequel to Last Hope.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Ninja Masters ! I really enjoy this fighter, I wish it had a sequel.

I wish TSS had a proper sequel though, the one on ps2 did not do justice.

1 Viewpoint is enough for this world.

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
Thrash Rally got an unofficial sequel in Over Top, but unfortunately the latter doesn't allow for two players.

Although I know that Overtop was developed by ADK as well, somehow in my mind I've never really considered it to be a sequel to Thrash Rally, probably due to the isometric POV. I think that the lack of 2-player simultaneous play is the biggest flaw of most Neo Geo racing games.
I could easily justify purchasing Neo Drift Out on MVS if it were a 2-player game.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
a turfmasters 2 or baseball stars 3 would have been nice

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
Maybe 3 Count Bout should have gotten a sequel so that the Bro would have had a better wrestling game. Or maybe a sumo wrestlingsequel instead.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
I would have loved to see a sequel of Garou: Mark Of The Wolves but i think there are many neo geo games that should have had a sequel.

I think especially Magician Lord, Top Hunter and Street Hoop should have had a sequel, a great sequel¡¡¡

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I would have loved to see a sequel of Garou: Mark Of The Wolves but i think there are many neo geo games that should have had a sequel.

I think especially Magician Lord, Top Hunter and Street Hoop should have had a sequel, a great sequel¡¡¡

Street Hoop did get a sequel in Dunk Dream '95, but it wasn't released for the Neo Geo. It's looks great and it was a 4-player game.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Magician Lord is the easy answer. Everything about that game screams "I'd be much better in a sequel" when I play it.

Ditto for Blue's Journey. For a system with so much power and 2D greatness, its a shame that it didn't get to see much in the way of platformers outside of Metal Slug (kinda sorta) and Top Hunter.

From left field, I would have loved to see a proper Double Dragon sequel on it. Its the strangest fighter on the system, and it always gives me special feels when I play it.

Another proper Art of Fighting game would have been welcome as well. AOF3 has its charm, but I feel one more game would have really gotten things right with the series.

sir arthur

War Room Troll
Most of the shmups...

- Blazing S
- Pulstar
- Last Resort
- TSS

Last edited:

novabomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
View Point 2 would have been awesome and even a trilogy should have been made.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
It's been said plenty of times, but Magician Lord, obviously. I'd also have really liked a Cyber Lip sequel.

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
I wish 2 NGPC games would have gotten a Neo Geo AES/MVS sequel:
- SNK Gals Fighters
- Faselei!