Neo Geo Games That Should Have Gotten a Sequel

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I agree with the Blues Journey and Spinmaster sentiments. Perhaps a Viewpoint sequel would have been neat as well.

However, one thing I liked about the neogeo (aside from the fighting and the Metal Slugs) quite a few of their games were unique. I really enjoy Windjammers, but I am unsure how much more (or less) I would like a sequel. Part of the joy of that game is head to head play. Magical Drop already has multiple sequels. I believe they are up to 5 now (although 3 is still my favourite).

Perhaps a legitimate release of Ghostlop would have been neat.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I have to agree over all I would have loved to see a Neo Turf Masters 2. Maybe a SVC 2 also.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
It's funny you should mention Dashin' Desperadoes. I didn't know Dashin' Desperadoes existed until the moment when I found it and bought it (about a year ago) at a local shop for the Sega Genesis. It's a cool game but it's nothing like Spinmaster. I guess they are similar in look and theme but the games are entirely different.

Spinmaster is better and I agree it would be a great candidate for a sequel.

A Spinmaster sequel not named Dashin' Desperadoes.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Neo Turf Masters (even if it was the same shit with new courses and characters) and Burning Fight because as someone else said it would have been cool to see an improved version to go toe-to-toe with FF.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Burning Fight because as someone else said it would have been cool to see an improved version to go toe-to-toe with FF.

Hell, if it ever happened, it would most likely be going toe to toe with Warriors of Fate or C&D. We know how that would have gone.

Final Fight was 89. Burning Fight was 91. Almost two years apart, and the latter plays like the former never set a high bar to model toward.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
At this rate, you guys are gonna name them all. :p

Was thinking: just making a Ghost Pilots 2 would be an automatic improvement over the first. :lolz: And, a PI3 would be neat. More weapons, more stages, more dinos, and more rescues!! So def. some room for a follow up there. And Ganryu, the fixed grappling hook needs to go. That has to be a 360 claw tool like Super Joe's (in Bionic Commando). Just changing the tool alone will create an entirely new game.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Cyberlip sure it's no metal slug but that damn ending making you think it should have one.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Mutation Nation... I really liked it when I played it for the first time like 10-12 years ago. Wouldn't mind to play a sequel.
Aaah I remember when I saw this one on game magazzines while I was playing Nintendo/Sega games... every NG game was so close but so far haha

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
I would love to see a new Super Dodge Ball. Add some more specials, and be able to make some custom teams.

Wish they made another twinkle star sprites. One of the most original games that sticks in my mind. I can't wait to play it with my girls when they get a bit older.

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
- Thrash Rally --> updated graphics and sound, and make it 2 player simultaneous, like Micro Machines.
- Ninja Combat

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
TSS for sure as it applied to more than just a normal Shmup and had tremendous replay value.

Zed Blade also.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
May I sneak in an SNK NES game that should have received a Neo Geo sequel?

Crystalis - the original is obviously not the sort of game suitable for coin op treatment, but maybe platforming action adventure like the arcade Willow game, or maybe a hybrid side scroller, over head like Golvellius on Sega Master System.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
- Thrash Rally --> updated graphics and sound, and make it 2 player simultaneous, like Micro Machines.

Thrash Rally got an unofficial sequel in Over Top, but unfortunately the latter doesn't allow for two players.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
windjammers or baseball stars 2

baseball stars 2
baseball stars 2

Facepalm_stick_figure.jpg

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
Mag Lord should've gotten a sequel... I think it was rumored to be in the works but got canceled or never got past the planning stages.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
Blazing Star, can't believe I'm the first to suggest it... and i guess Pulstar... :P