Neo Geo Games That Should Have Gotten a Sequel

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm not sure if this was covered before, so what games on the Neo Geo should have received a sequel. List whatever you like.

I would have liked to have seen a sequel to Blue's Journey. I found it to be a pretty darn good game and it had a lot to offer with varied stages, branching paths, and lots of hidden stuff. I think they could have done even more with a sequel.

Burning Fight deserved a sequel. I would have liked to see a beat em up on the Neo Geo that would have rivaled Final Fight.

They should have did a Ghost Pilots 2. The first game was ok, but they could have added a lot more with extra weapons, sped, etc.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
legend of success joe. but then again how do you make the best neo game even better? I suppose it's impossible.

:keke:

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I would have liked to have seen a sequel to Blue's Journey. I found it to be a pretty darn good game and it had a lot to offer with varied stages, branching paths, and lots of hidden stuff. I think they could have done even more with a sequel.

Burning Fight deserved a sequel. I would have liked to see a beat em up on the Neo Geo that would have rivaled Final Fight.

Couldn't agree more! 2 games that had lot's of potential. I would have loved to see a sequel for Mutation Nation.

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
legend of success joe. but then again how do you make the best neo game even better? I suppose it's impossible.

:keke:

I was at a video game store last night that had that game. I didn't ask about the price, but I'm sure it costs an arm and a leg.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I was at a video game store last night that had that game. I didn't ask about the price, but I'm sure it costs an arm and a leg.

and it's worth every penny or fingernail/toenail if you will.

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
What about a sequel for Bang Bead or Super Dodge Ball? I always liked the idea of 4-player versions of them, although that isn't a Neo possibility, but man that would be great

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
would have been nice to see a samurai shodown vs last blade game. also baseball stars 3 or shock troopers 3?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Less fighter sequels, more shmup sequels.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
My picks (in this order): Neo Drift Out, Kizuna Encounter, Last Resort (and maybe Ninja Master's).

Honorable Mention: Neo Turf Masters, Ninja Commando.

Too good for a sequel: Last Blade 2.

Idiots will say: Windjammers, Magician Lord.

(NGPC: Last Blade, Dark Arms, Match of the Millennium, Neo Turf Masters, ... I could go on all day. Damn I wish the system had lasted longer.)

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
good choice for neo drift out and neo turf masters. would have been nice to see another golf and racing game to diverse the library a bit more since the neo had some great sports games

MrRoboto19XX

Rugal's Thug
Neo Turf Masters all the way. Even if it used all the same assets and just added new courses I'd be sold. I would've been pretty psyched to see a second Last Resort game as well, but I imagine thinking a title would have been difficult to come up with.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Neo Turf Masters all the way. Even if it used all the same assets and just added new courses I'd be sold. I would've been pretty psyched to see a second Last Resort game as well, but I imagine thinking a title would have been difficult to come up with.

If we've got The Last Blade 2 and Final Fantasy 15, I don't see why we couldn't have Last Resort 2.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
would have been nice to see a samurai shodown vs last blade game. also baseball stars 3 or shock troopers 3?

After Shock Troopers 2, I'm kind of glad that they didn't do anything else. I really disliked the almost super deformed style characters and overuse of CG sprite rips for graphics. The music was worse, and they seemed to have toned down the violence to less amusing levels. The second game was just flat out worse. The first is such a good game.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Came in to read "Mark of the Wolves 2".
Leaving disappointed.

:)

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'm actually pretty satisfied with the Neo lineup. Sure, bad or mediocre games could be redeemed by superior sequels, but most of the deserving titles got follow-ups.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Waku Waku 7.

One of my all time favorite games. It just oozes personality.