Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Given both PCBs are dark colored and it has a warning sticker, it looks to be a first print JPN MS3. It looks real enough to me from the pictures.

No way anyone could bootleg a warning sticker.
image.jpg

Seriously though, I have NO idea about this AES shit, it just seems fishy to me. Doesn't really seem like a seller who knows anything about Neo Geo so what are the odds he'd happen upon a legit cart?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Shit%20Neo%20Cab.jpg

This looks like a great cab if P1 likes to stand on the side of the cab.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
No way anyone could bootleg a warning sticker.

Seriously though, I have NO idea about this AES shit, it just seems fishy to me. Doesn't really seem like a seller who knows anything about Neo Geo so what are the odds he'd happen upon a legit cart?

Good luck bootlegging that PROGLBA board (one of the two dark colored boards). SNK thought they were really clever by giving the four games that use PROGLBA their own NEO-SMA decryption chips. You cannot swap PROGLBA boards between KOF 99, KOF 2000, MOTW and Metal Slug 3. The only option would be to sever all the P ROM traces and hand wiring them to the edge connector. Hell. No.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Good luck bootlegging that PROGLBA board (one of the two dark colored boards). SNK thought they were really clever by giving the four games that use PROGLBA their own NEO-SMA decryption chips. You cannot swap PROGLBA boards between KOF 99, KOF 2000, MOTW and Metal Slug 3. The only option would be to sever all the P ROM traces and hand wiring them to the edge connector. Hell. No.

You don't need to. There are decrypted dumps of each of those titles floating around.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
You don't need to. There are decrypted dumps of each of those titles floating around.

Think about that for a moment. Decrypted means you'd need a PROGBK1, not a PROGLBA. Those boards are two different colors. Now, we all know there exist real Metal Slug 3s with a PROGBK1 from the 2nd print run (the result is light and dark boards, not both dark), but the key is both boards being dark means the game is unquestionably real (save for the 1% possibility I mentioned before with the rewiring). If one board is light and the other is dark, it really should be opened to confirm authenticity.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant

Looks like a MD2 was sacrificed in his unending quest to rip gamers off.

Indeed, I've never seen someone put an MV1C in a Genny shell before.... pretty cool actually.

Seller location is Athens?
Ahh... yeah, this looks familiar.

*update edit*

300wins moved the CMVS to Metalczar...
Unknown on that price though, James - maybe a trade? Certainly a possibility.

From memory & re-checking some very embarrassing forum posts I'd made - me being very unreasonable, on a non-issue, & no small amount of patience from Czar & KPJ (apologies, gents).

I'd picked this up from Czar & asked it be shipped to KPJ - to check the system over.
Some light repair was done before it shipped my way.

It's mentioned in a few posts here - but not on the eBay listing - that system was also modded for RGB use.
That chrome connector, pictured in the box, is a Scart lead (I recall Kenny made for another system).

I can't detail anything beyond 2 years with eBay & PayPal...
But I can confirm this very seller bought the CMVS for 300 (GBP) in that time.

I don't recall the sale including any arcade stick or MVS carts? That said I may have thrown 1 or 2 in with the listing.
I do remember the buyer was an absolute gent to deal with though.

Last edited:

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
The best auction pics I've come across is where the girl is holding the classic games in front of her boobs. If I come scross them again I will post.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
The best auction pics I've come across is where the girl is holding the classic games in front of her boobs. If I come scross them again I will post.

It's already been posted here several times. Wyo even did a mockery selling thread of him posting shit with his own boobs out.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Think about that for a moment. Decrypted means you'd need a PROGBK1, not a PROGLBA. Those boards are two different colors. Now, we all know there exist real Metal Slug 3s with a PROGBK1 from the 2nd print run (the result is light and dark boards, not both dark), but the key is both boards being dark means the game is unquestionably real (save for the 1% possibility I mentioned before with the rewiring). If one board is light and the other is dark, it really should be opened to confirm authenticity.

Think more about what it means to have decrypted roms. You no longer need any special hardware that couldn't be procured from a less expensive donor board or you could even reproduce the logic in HDL. And nothing will stop you from going to a pcb fab house and asking for the same color fiberglass and same color soldermask as the original board. All the pieces are there to make a working duplicate which from the outside of the cartridge shell looks like the real thing.