Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
One picture can't tell anything much.... if seller is honest or sincere like Blazing star seller, he must have many pictures for clear. Money is not first important but "confident of buyer" is first important. Not interested to buy ...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
he is selling really expensive stuff there. But how can you figure out if its a boot or not ? With this small converted pictures you cannot see anything. Does anybody know this seller ?

You're missing the point, Jan. See, this current auction here (first auction): http://www.ebay.de/itm/Neo-Geo-Meta...182937?hash=item3abe157ed9:g:uTIAAOSwe7BWzCnd
uses the SAME picture as this older auction (second auction), which I considered legit: http://www.ebay.de/itm/SNK-Neo-Geo-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The first auction is CLEARLY a mystification. Still, I'm anxious to hear your justification for the first seller's re-usage of the picture from the older german listing. Maybe I'm missing something?

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
You're missing the point, Jan. See, this current auction here (first auction): http://www.ebay.de/itm/Neo-Geo-Meta...182937?hash=item3abe157ed9:g:uTIAAOSwe7BWzCnd
uses the SAME picture as this older auction (second auction), which I considered legit: http://www.ebay.de/itm/SNK-Neo-Geo-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The first auction is CLEARLY a mystification. Still, I'm anxious to hear your justification for the first seller's re-usage of the picture from the older german listing. Maybe I'm missing something?
yeah, I understand. German copyright breach, but I don´t know if Marko_Ulrich is concerning about that. Still I am always curious if someone nobody knows sells high price articles (even besides of MS1)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
yeah, I understand. German copyright breach, but I don´t know if Marko_Ulrich is concerning about that.

The german seller & his copyrights are totally irrelevant here. If you don't use your own pictures, you don't own the item you're selling. Period. This current auction is a scam, that's the most important conclusion deriving from this comparison. Don't bid with confidence. Don't bid at all.

AESGuy

New Challenger
The german seller & his copyrights are totally irrelevant here. If you don't use your own pictures, you don't own the item you're selling. Period. This current auction is a scam, that's the most important conclusion deriving from this comparison. Don't bid with confidence. Don't bid at all.

That dude has also selling auctions of MS2 (jp), MSX (us), MS3 (us) and MS5 (jp). Pictures of MS3 look legit (as far as I can see) but maybe they're also stolen coz pictures of the auctions look all VERY different. And it's from Spain...:glee:

Last edited:

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent

ah, now I understand. You are right. All the pictures seem to be stolen from other older auctions. Also he is accepting only bank transfer. Well, that seems to be a big scammer. Thanks for explaining, haven´t thought about that.

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
Of course its a scam!

He is even selling an NCI Twinkle Star Sprites now using the SAME pictures as the first auction where it is stated that you're bidding for a NCI conversion.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I end up with a few backgrounds on ebay just selling like 7 things
$_57.JPG
but there are enough to raise eyebrows there beside ppl matching them to old.
I ebay enough to find other items but who could do that language or translate the page with superior internetting to report that heep?

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
I already reported his US Garou AES auction since he is using the pictures from a friend of mine!

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
LOL, wonder whose address that is. Guy must be pist at whoever lives there lol.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
judging form the auction title it could be karous lost brother...

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Even if it included the house and the current occupants in it as slaves its still a bad deal.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Original, good quality stuff.

This was rather a rhetorical remark on my side, but since you answered, I'd like to call you on this one... what current, good quality and original stuff? I know my tooth brush to have a "Made in Switzerland" line on it, but that hardly counts ;).