NBA playoffs

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Excited for Summer League this year. Looking forward to Jackson, Bender, and Chriss lighting up the court for my Suns. Since we don't have a pro team, its the best I can do to see them live. :P

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Nuggets roster is set. This looks like a 5 seed in the West to me, behind Golden State, San Antonio, Houston, and OKC

PG: Jamal Murray, Emmanual Mudiay, Jameer Nelson
SG: Gary Harris, Will Barton, Malik Beasley
SF: Wilson Chandler, Juancho Hernangomez
PF: Paul Millsap, Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur, Trey Lyles, Tyler Lydon
C: Nikola Jokic, Mason Plumlee

D-League: Torrey Craig (SF), Monte Morris (PG)

Possibly the most improved team in the NBA

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Nuggets roster is set. This looks like a 5 seed in the West to me, behind Golden State, San Antonio, Houston, and OKC

PG: Jamal Murray, Emmanual Mudiay, Jameer Nelson
SG: Gary Harris, Will Barton, Malik Beasley
SF: Wilson Chandler, Juancho Hernangomez
PF: Paul Millsap, Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur, Trey Lyles, Tyler Lydon
C: Nikola Jokic, Mason Plumlee

D-League: Torrey Craig (SF), Monte Morris (PG)

Possibly the most improved team in the NBA

Think you made a mistake, I fixed it for you.
"This looks like the 6 seed in the West"

Since, the Lakers look to be the 5 seed.

It'll be tough winning the West this year.
I thought Golden State would easily be champs the next 2-3 years, but the starting 5 at Houston and OKC look good. In the end, it will all depend on the bench. San Antonio and GS have some good role players.

What do you think of Minnesota?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Lakers ain't shit

Wolves should be a lower playoff seed as long as Wiggins and Butler don't get hurt

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
It’s not the worst move. NYC needed to move on.

I am interested to see how the NBA changes when the Harden Rule is enforced.

I agree I think the Carmelo trade is good for everybody. Both OKC and Cleveland have very interesting offseasons come 2018.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Even if they can get their chemistry right (not easy when they've only got a month of practice together), there's not enough ball to go around in OKC. Ball-dominant point guard, Carmelo's always been an iso-ball player and PG-13 has been the focal point of his team for the last several years. Not saying it can't work, just saying they're gonna struggle early on and will be lucky to get a 4-seed and lose to the Dubs in round 2.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Even if they can get their chemistry right (not easy when they've only got a month of practice together), there's not enough ball to go around in OKC. Ball-dominant point guard, Carmelo's always been an iso-ball player and PG-13 has been the focal point of his team for the last several years. Not saying it can't work, just saying they're gonna struggle early on and will be lucky to get a 4-seed and lose to the Dubs in round 2.

The real goal in going into a season against the West is having actual roster depth. If OKC can create a 10 man rotation then they can challenge for the title. It starts with having Carmelo accept less minutes (and everyone taking less minutes in order to have a balanced roster).

I say this especially looking to Washington, where they act like there is no bench.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
My guess is 'Melo will be more than happy to play like he does in international competition- he'll be a small-ball 4 who'll shoot 3s and facilitate. His usage will drop and his efficiency will go way up, I'd be shocked if he doesn't post a career high in true shooting percentage.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I say this especially looking to Washington, where they act like there is no bench.

To be fair, that was an accurate assessment last season. They'll never be a title-contending team as long as Wall and Beal are forced to play 46 minutes a game in the playoffs but when your other option is playing Tomas Satoransky or some of the other 12th men on their bench, you're left with little choice.

I definitely think Melo will play much better in OKC than he did the last couple of years in NYC. Nothing like being in a better personal and basketball situation to rejuvenate your career. However, history has proved time and time again that it takes time to build a rapport with new teammates (just where you need to be on the floor in any given situation and when to expect passes to come to you, etc.) and even when they're at their peak, that still won't make them more than the 3rd best team in the West.

Still, that's a hell of a lot better situation than any of those guys were in last year.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Melo has already publicly agreed to start at the 4 full-time for the Thunder, after refusing to do so in New York since around the 2013 season.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Doesn't matter what happens in the East. There are only three teams in the whole conference worth a shit, and none of them can challenge the Warriors.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
With Isaiah Thomas out though, Cleveland needed more offensive depth since the Kyrie Irving trade. Getting both Derrick Rose and Dwyane Wade should fill put that role nicely until Isaiah Thomas comes back. Crowder is probably most important piece this offseason (other than maybe the Brooklyn pick).

famicommander

15 Year Member
Derrick Rose, JR Smith, Kevin Love, Dwyane Wade, and Isaiah Thomas on the same team.

They ain't gonna stop anybody. LeBron's gonna have to cover all 5 opponents at the same time.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Defensively Cleveland is already a better team, Cavs were actually relying on RJ to cover Durant in the Finals last season. Crowder is a major step up, do I necessarily think that Cleveland will win against GS in the Finals? Nah. But it would make for a more interesting Finals if Cleveland is to get there.

Edit: The Brooklyn pick could also be used as trade bait, or if LeBron James bolts again (more likely to happen) at least Cleveland would have a decent chance to rebuild. Also, I believe Milwaukee will surprise people this year and Philly should be on the rise, too.

Last edited: