NBA playoffs

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Are we on another inexorable march to Warriors/Cavs? Sure seems like it, though maybe Houston can give the Dubs a run for their money in the next round.

I'd love to see the Celtics upset the Cavs- Brad Stevens is an awesome coach and Isaiah Thomas is unreal, but I think Cleveland hammers them.

Draymond Green really needs to start hitting some dudes in the balls, liven things up a little.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The Denver Nuggets are going to interfere in game 7 of the NBA Finals and knock out both teams with steel chairs, then run off with the trophy.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'd love to see the Celtics upset the Cavs- Brad Stevens is an awesome coach and Isaiah Thomas is unreal, but I think Cleveland hammers them.

You and me both.

I bleed green and white, but the gf is a die-hard lebron fan.

She's so confident that the Cavs beat Boston that in the event that Cleveland loses, she's letting me fuck her in the ass.

Jokes on her, tho, as I was gonna slip it in anyway.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I reckon it will be Cavs / Dubs again. Would be great if the Rockets can knock off the Spurs and Dubs though to make it to the finals.

Cavs look like a different team compared to the regular season, so far playing extremely well. Not sure if it will be enough to to knock off the Dubs again but I sure hope so! Go Cavs!

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
With Parker out, it will be Warriors Vs Cavs. Should be a good series.

I like the Celtics and IT is playing out of his mind, but they start slow (3 games in a row) against Wizards. No way they can compete with Lebron (assuming they get past Wiz).

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Oh, and now the Wizards and Celtics are punching each other silly. EXCITING!

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
The Denver Nuggets are going to interfere in game 7 of the NBA Finals and knock out both teams with steel chairs, then run off with the trophy.

I'd tune in if shit like that went down.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Oh, and now the Wizards and Celtics are punching each other silly. EXCITING!

If your name is Kelly and you're playing in this series you're apparently required to fight dudes. Oubre is gonna be lucky to not miss the rest of the series now.

I like Wall a lot. C's/Wiz is shaping up to be a hell of a series.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
The Cavs really hoping the Celtics win so they can spank them again. The end of the season thrashing they put on them was horrible.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
With Parker out, it will be Warriors Vs Cavs. Should be a good series.

I like the Celtics and IT is playing out of his mind, but they start slow (3 games in a row) against Wizards. No way they can compete with Lebron (assuming they get past Wiz).

First two games start like this:

Wiz score a ton
Refs take charge
Celtics squeak by

If the Celtics make it past Washington, they will get shit stomped by Cleveland (and frankly, so would the wizards). But it doesn't matter because Boston isn't into sports that can't be dominated completely by whites.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Well, I'll admit I was completely mistaken: the Spurs/Rockets series is actually interesting.

Then again, any time James Harden's "3-point foul" bullshit is taken care of and properly ignored makes me feel all warm and fussy inside. Not that it will happen all the time, I'm well aware of that.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Well, I'll admit I was completely mistaken: the Spurs/Rockets series is actually interesting.

Then again, any time James Harden's "3-point foul" bullshit is taken care of and properly ignored makes me feel all warm and fussy inside. Not that it will happen all the time, I'm well aware of that.

Its funny how the Spurs defenders hold their hands up when they guard Harden.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Its funny how the Spurs defenders hold their hands up when they guard Harden.

As good as Harden is he has been only an average shooter during the regular season and a rather poor shooter during the playoffs at only 42% for his career. I have never found him to be an exciting player. He is either missing shots or at the line. Keep him from going to the line and make him shoot jumpers has always been the goal. That is easier said than done with the current NBA mindset when it comes to calling fouls though.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
First two games start like this:

Wiz score a ton
Refs take charge
Celtics squeak by

If the Celtics make it past Washington, they will get shit stomped by Cleveland (and frankly, so would the wizards). But it doesn't matter because Boston isn't into sports that can't be dominated completely by whites.

My wife and I were watching Game 3 the other night and she commented on how she had never seen so many white dudes on a pro basketball team. I reminded her it was Boston and she chuckled and went back to reading her book.

Chocolate City has a better team (as evidenced by the fact that they've led 9 out of the series' 12 quarters) but as long as IT keeps getting calls like Dwayne Wade in 2006 and Marcus Smart can get away with murder on defense, it's going to be tough to beat them at home. But yeah, the Cavs beat either team in 5 games unless LeBron gets swallowed by a sinkhole.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
If your name is Kelly and you're playing in this series you're apparently required to fight dudes. Oubre is gonna be lucky to not miss the rest of the series now.

I like Wall a lot. C's/Wiz is shaping up to be a hell of a series.

He got a 1 game suspension...which he deserved because it was stupid to do what he did. Olynyk flopped though. He wasn't shoved that hard.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Olynyk flopped though. He wasn't shoved that hard.

That's quite the understatement. It was almost as if Olynyk's knees became rubber the second Oubre as much touched him.

I agree he deserved the 1 game suspension, but Jesus H. Christ the NBA seriously needs to do something about flopping too eventually.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Yeah that shit is super irritating and cheap as hell. The refs have apparently warned him about it several times but they still call it for him. Stupid.
He got a 1 game suspension...which he deserved because it was stupid to do what he did. Olynyk flopped though. He wasn't shoved that hard.
Yeah Olynyk totally did. 1 game seemed reasonable to me, Oubre doesn't get off scot-free but you don't swing the series on a suspension that way.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If you want to troll social media well these days, point out that Olynyk is a racist playing in a town that's full of racists. It draws all the stupids out.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
West is an up-in-the-air battle. I'm pretty sure the Warriors will once again make it to the Finals.

I'd be shocked if either the Wizards or Celtics beat the Cavs in the East.

My guess is it will be yet another Finals rematch.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

I'm all for it. If the refs are going to call it, and it's part of the rules, exploit it. Houston was getting the short end of the stick for years with hack-a-Dwight. We also have Jennings who can pull off the 3-point foul call, and as annoying as I can see it for others, initiating contact is staying with the sport.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I'm all for it. If the refs are going to call it, and it's part of the rules, exploit it. Houston was getting the short end of the stick for years with hack-a-Dwight. We also have Jennings who can pull off the 3-point foul call, and as annoying as I can see it for others, initiating contact is staying with the sport.

It's a lot like the rip move that Durant, in particular, used to use so well to draw bullshit calls. And the rules got changed to eliminate that. I bet anything the rules will be changed to prevent this one, too. I mean, for real, he's been warned by the league to not do it, but he gets away with it 95% of the time. Like you said, Jennings uses it too, and so did Westbrook and several other guys.

True, though, as long as it's going to be allowed, it's smart to do it.

But goddamn it makes for ugly basketball.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Wow this is not the Spurs I've come to know. The Rockets and Spurs are playing the worst overtime I have ever seen. Had to go to the 4th minute to score the first basket.