My AES is HERE!

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Why would you upscale composite when a scart cable is like $15. LOL

I don't have a scart connection on my TV, or a device that accepts it to be sent to my TV. I am working on a better solution, however the fix is more than a $15 cable.

I have the upscaler as an adapter because my TV only has hdmi and component inputs. I knew going in that I wasn't going to get the best picture from this set-up, and already have plans to improve it. I am open to advice on a cost effective way to accomplish this.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I don't have a scart connection on my TV, or a device that accepts it to be sent to my TV. I am working on a better solution, however the fix is more than a $15 cable.

I have the upscaler as an adapter because my TV only has hdmi and component inputs. I knew going in that I wasn't going to get the best picture from this set-up, and already have plans to improve it. I am open to advice on a cost effective way to accomplish this.

I already told you the cheap and expensive way to do it.

Cheap is a $15 scart cable and a $30 scart to HDMI converter.

Expensive would be buying a $15 scart cable, a $30 scart to jp21/adapter, and a $350 xrgb mini.

A scart to component adapter will usually only work on CRT TVs as most flat panel TVs don't accept 240p.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Sorry, I missed that part. In the short term, I'll pick up the start and converter. Long term, the XRGB.

Thanks, and sorry for my oversight.

I already told you the cheap and expensive way to do it.

Cheap is a $15 scart cable and a $30 scart to HDMI converter.

Expensive would be buying a $15 scart cable, a $30 scart to jp21/adapter, and a $350 xrgb mini.

A scart to component adapter will usually only work on CRT TVs as most flat panel TVs don't accept 240p.

qwertylesh

n00b
congrats dude!

I only got my first AES 2 months ago for xmas, wanted to get one for sooo many years.

Games are shockingly difficult to get for it, my wallet is in so much pain and i only have 3 aes games so far :shame:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Sorry, I missed that part. In the short term, I'll pick up the start and converter. Long term, the XRGB.

Thanks, and sorry for my oversight.

No worries dude. It's been awhile since I've seen someone genuinely excited about the Neo. All ball busting aside, enjoy the system man.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
No worries dude. It's been awhile since I've seen someone genuinely excited about the Neo. All ball busting aside, enjoy the system man.

It's all good man :) Some ball busting on the new guy is expected! I deserved it this time.

I am thrilled that I finally have my own AES. Playing it last night was so much fun! Even though I got my ass handed to me.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
You could still find these games on the cheap. I mean cheap for the Neo when you compare the prices of some other games.

Art of Fighting
Samsho III
Magician Lord
Nam 1975
Super Spy
Crossed Swords

When I first bought my Neo I was playing using a rgb to component converter on my Wega. It did a great job till I found a pvm.

Last edited:

Justin

Banned
I had a nice AES setup years ago then had a kid so i had to sell it all.Im just getting back into the neo geo agin and hoping to get a system soon.Im just not sure if i should go AES,CMVS, ive seen the NEO GEO X to but im not sure if its any good.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
It seems so many people are getting into (or back into) the Neo Geo at the moment.

I love the enthusiasm, but dread the prices going up any more.

Justin

Banned
I was thinking of going MVS this time and not AES because of the cost.The NEO GEO X is a cheap option but is it crap??

Justin

Banned
what should i expect to pay for a CMVS now days?Ive been out of the loop for so long.sorry for all the questions

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
It seems so many people are getting into (or back into) the Neo Geo at the moment.

I love the enthusiasm, but dread the prices going up any more.

I certainly understand that part of it. For me, I couldn't afford getting into it until now. I am finally at a place with my life that I can buy the things that make me happy. For the last several years I have been pouring every dollar into my custom furniture business. I put myself through college, and I finally get to relax and enjoy life! Things have leveled out, and I can now do the things that I wanted to do back then. I've always loved gaming, but I can now do these things.

I joined this forum to share that excitement with others. To trade stories about a tough game, or strategies about defeating a boss. To talk about different games to try, watching youtube videos only gets so far. Being able to communicate to other people that actually get it. People that understand this passion, this drive to accomplish something can't be had elsewhere.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I certainly understand that part of it. For me, I couldn't afford getting into it until now. I am finally at a place with my life that I can buy the things that make me happy. For the last several years I have been pouring every dollar into my custom furniture business. I put myself through college, and I finally get to relax and enjoy life! Things have leveled out, and I can now do the things that I wanted to do back then. I've always loved gaming, but I can now do these things.

I joined this forum to share that excitement with others. To trade stories about a tough game, or strategies about defeating a boss. To talk about different games to try, watching youtube videos only gets so far. Being able to communicate to other people that actually get it. People that understand this passion, this drive to accomplish something can't be had elsewhere.

Fuck the Neo Geo. Post some pictures of the custom furniture.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter

I completely understand. In fact, I started the job I'm in now in 2010, the same year as my join date here. This job finally gave me a reasonable amount of disposable income and so the Neo Geo was finally something I could justify buying.

I don't begrudge anyone getting into it, I'd be a hypocrite if I did, I certainly wasn't there at the beginning like a lot of guys on here. I love seeing others get excited about playing Neo Geo games, and not just people excited about having something shiny for their shelves.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
what should i expect to pay for a CMVS now days?Ive been out of the loop for so long.sorry for all the questions
depends on what level of quality/sophistication you want and how long you are willing to wait.
I would say build one yourself if you can solder (or learn how to), there's good guides on Jamma Nation X (and tons elsewhere...), it's the cheapest option and you learn something.

If you want to buy, the Omega is the new boss on the block. Or find someone to do a consolization for you (like Xian Xi of Jamma Nation X, he is a wizard and can build one to your specs, even cheaper than an Omega - but he gets a lot of requests and you'll have to wait LONG if you can get on the list at all). Stay clear of Neotropolis (ultra overpriced but good service) and Analogue (rumored to be bad quality builds, expensive, technical knowledge leeched from the community without giving anything back).

Emulation has also become great in the last years, a real alternative if you just want to get your game on. Or think about getting a NGCD...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's here! Plugged in, and working!

First impressions...
I forgot how damn fussy cartridges were! AOF2 was making a horrible noise, little wiggle and back in business!

The CD controller came with it. Nice and responsive as it should be. Reminds me of a SNES controller, but with a better layout for fighting games. I like it! I was able to pick a boxed arcade style controller for the system, should be here on Tuesday. I am looking forward to the full effect! :buttrock:

For some reason my TV will not accept the input as it should. I have to go through an HDMI "upscaler", really just an adapter as I don't believe it does much in the way of improvement. The arm of Hanzo has a rainbow effect as a result of the converter, which is annoying. I'll be picking up a CRT soon to use S-video...

Damn AOF2 is tough...

FFS is a lot of fun, but SS2 is my favorite out of the games I currently have. SS1 is on the way :)
Overall, I am very happy with the purchase(s).

Enough typing, back to SS2 :)
A lot of hdtvs can't accept the 240p signal directly. Others will display an image but have sync problems. My cmvs has component but on my hd set the image jumps every few seconds. I have to use a xrgb to play on that tv.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Fuck the Neo Geo. Post some pictures of the custom furniture.

Here are a few pieces that I am most proud of.

Drawing for client approval: This was the 15th drawing...

11402488_961605823870770_7014286570504949923_o.jpg

Table in place. This was delivered to a client in New York: The table is 8' long, the top is a live-edge oak, the door panels and drawer fronts are tiger maple. All soft-close hardware. There are two shelves behind the doors.

12049628_1014354441929241_3026834503048853035_n.jpg

Heart made from flame Koa:
10511208_785531194811568_1497032090328106813_n.jpg

Ebony and Spalted maple burl Reindeer:
1800295_856298077734879_6641466130082455908_n.jpg

Tiger maple end table:
1381306_637125196318836_633965079_n.jpg

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Here are a few pieces that I am most proud of.

Drawing for client approval: This was the 15th drawing...

11402488_961605823870770_7014286570504949923_o.jpg

Table in place. This was delivered to a client in New York: The table is 8' long, the top is a live-edge oak, the door panels and drawer fronts are tiger maple. All soft-close hardware. There are two shelves behind the doors.

12049628_1014354441929241_3026834503048853035_n.jpg

Heart made from flame Koa:
10511208_785531194811568_1497032090328106813_n.jpg

Ebony and Spalted maple burl Reindeer:
1800295_856298077734879_6641466130082455908_n.jpg

Tiger maple end table:
1381306_637125196318836_633965079_n.jpg

Beautiful work. I wish I had that kind of skill.

Cg591

Rugal's Thug
Thank you! It took alot of time and dedication to get to where I am with it.

Very nice. Ever worked with Bubinga? A friend of mine builds cabinets and does awesome stuff. Shipwreck wood etc.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Very nice. Maple table? Ever worked with Bubinga? A friend of mine builds cabinets and does awesome stuff. Shipwreck wood etc.

Yes, I am actually working on two basses right now. One is cherry and the other is bubinga.