My AES is HERE!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
All cheapies, but goodies :)

Samurai Spirits 1&2
Art Of Fighting 2
Fatal Fury Special

you're good to go mate. these games should keep you busy for a while.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Always a great feeling. I remember my first AES arriving, I'd wanted one for a long time and finally spent the money and got one. Anyway, I'm sure you won't regret it, the Neo Geo is such a fun system and most of the games have high replay-ability.

An MVS convertor is great, but it's also fun to build an AES collection. As long as you're not the completionist type. Just buy the games that interest you, and don't value a game just on the money it's worth, a lot of the cheap games are excellent.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Would get a AES but for some reason I'm happy with my Dreamcast and Saturn ports, plus I'm interested in getting a PC engine duo r.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Always a great feeling. I remember my first AES arriving, I'd wanted one for a long time and finally spent the money and got one. Anyway, I'm sure you won't regret it, the Neo Geo is such a fun system and most of the games have high replay-ability.

An MVS convertor is great, but it's also fun to build an AES collection. As long as you're not the completionist type. Just buy the games that interest you, and don't value a game just on the money it's worth, a lot of the cheap games are excellent.

+1

Having an AES console and games is awesome.

I am not sure why so many fellow Neo Geo fans criticize AES collectors. AES and MVS are both awesome!

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the AES club! :buttrock:

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
I don't need every single game made for any system, but I will pick up the ones that I like or have a certain meaning.

I don't finish anything, so even if I wanted to get all of them I'd find something else to collect before it was all said and done.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Congrats on the system, those are some good feels.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Welcome to neogeo world :)

Be enjoy to play AES but one important if you can find friend to play together, that's great. My daughter always play Metal Slug with me but she doesn't like to play fighting game so I play alone in fighing game :(

Enjoy ;)

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Congrats dude! A cold, hard truth, you have to play metal slug, so unless you want to stick with slug 4 which is still just about affordable, you need to get that converter and multi cart asap.

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
even MS4 turned into a money-throwing-competiton nowadays.

I remember when people would deliberately say "no" when offered MS4..

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Congrats on the purchase!

Having the system loaded up on your gaming setup is an awesome feeling.

However, as others have said, be prepared to shell out quite a bit if you want some of the later titles.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
It's here! Plugged in, and working!

First impressions...
I forgot how damn fussy cartridges were! AOF2 was making a horrible noise, little wiggle and back in business!

The CD controller came with it. Nice and responsive as it should be. Reminds me of a SNES controller, but with a better layout for fighting games. I like it! I was able to pick a boxed arcade style controller for the system, should be here on Tuesday. I am looking forward to the full effect! :buttrock:

For some reason my TV will not accept the input as it should. I have to go through an HDMI "upscaler", really just an adapter as I don't believe it does much in the way of improvement. The arm of Hanzo has a rainbow effect as a result of the converter, which is annoying. I'll be picking up a CRT soon to use S-video...

Damn AOF2 is tough...

FFS is a lot of fun, but SS2 is my favorite out of the games I currently have. SS1 is on the way :)
Overall, I am very happy with the purchase(s).

Enough typing, back to SS2 :)

Attachments

• 12751663_10208859949564205_1424251374_o.jpg
    12751663_10208859949564205_1424251374_o.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 12736802_10208859949484203_1170760292_o.jpg
    12736802_10208859949484203_1170760292_o.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 92

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
The arm of Hanzo has a rainbow effect as a result of the converter, which is annoying. I'll be picking up a CRT soon to use S-video...
I haven't even thought about it since forever(2slotcmvs looks good component like on pvm) but I think that might not even be a solution?
I mean I think I saw a comparison shot or something?

help this fellow out.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I haven't even thought about it since forever(2slotcmvs looks good component like on pvm) but I think that might not even be a solution?
I mean I think I saw a comparison shot or something?

help this fellow out.

That's an artifact of what's sounds like.upscaling composite to HDMI. It's gonna look like shit no matter how much you smear it. For a passable image you can get a scart cable and a scart to HDMI converter. If you want the picture to look good either buy a CRT that supports component and buy a scart to component box or spend bank on an xrgb mini.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
That's an artifact of what's sounds like.upscaling composite to HDMI. It's gonna look like shit no matter how much you smear it. For a passable image you can get a scart cable and a scart to HDMI converter. If you want the picture to look good either buy a CRT that supports component and buy a scart to component box or spend bank on an xrgb mini.

Exactly... My tv does good component, but can't do straight video (yellow). Not sure if I'm missing some setting or something. I'll post a pic of the rainbow effect.

Newsdee

Rugal's Thug
I have an AES with an X-RGB Mini, and while the image crispness and colors are fantastic it's unfortunately subject to sync problems. Haven't yet found the magic formula to make it fully stable, but without room for a CRT thats the best I'm going to get.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Exactly... My tv does good component, but can't do straight video (yellow). Not sure if I'm missing some setting or something. I'll post a pic of the rainbow effect.

Your scart cable needs to be wired to trigger rgb for the scart to hdmi converter. If it isn't, it will upscale composite instead of rgb.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Your scart cable needs to be wired to trigger rgb for the scart to hdmi converter. If it isn't, it will upscale composite instead of rgb.

Thank you for the input. I am currently using a composite connection. This one.

Into a cheap upscaler. This worked better on my Saturn. I mainly bought it as an adapter, not for the upscaling properties of the box.

I really need to up my quality game! :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The rainbow effect is from the composite not the upscaler. Either mod the AES or get a scart cable.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
even MS4 turned into a money-throwing-competiton nowadays.

I remember when people would deliberately say "no" when offered MS4..

:D
My daughter played MS4 first time and she was very happy and fun but after that when she played MS1,3,2,X,5 then she had never played 4 again ... Look like she throw 4 to the garbage :(

vinnieboy1

New Challenger
Nice pick up, next get a euro scart and xrgb mini. You'll be set. Also the mini does add some lag

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Yeah composite connected to a good upscaler like XRGB is a step up from direct composite, but it still looks bad due to composite being shitty in the first place.

RGB SCART to XRGB is the best way to go for LCD TV owners.

Newsdee

Rugal's Thug
I was a bit shocked at how much better composite was in the XRGB versus a direct connection to the TV (for a SNES). I guess they were going cheap on composite to HDTV internal upscalers, and I noticed some latest models seem to be HDMI only now.