MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
VERY quickly lads.... I am going to clarify something here...

You may "Discuss" teh romz... but NO member may link anything that directs to romz or romz sites in general...

There are exceptions to the rule... and I will explain that...

1. There maybe a few links here and there.... that are "controlled"...
2. This saves me and some of the other lads from actively "modding and disciplining" you guys... ie. it saves me war room locking some members.....
3. I APPRECIATE... that the gaming scene has changed... but we have set rules here in the main and until Shawn tells us otherwise... we will ensure what he wants is carried out...

xROTx

PS. We have a very secure PM system here... i'd suggest you guys use it...

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
but yes, it would be possible to create a 'game' that can access the sd data and flash a game. The issue there is that you'll have to flash 2 games, first the launcher and then the game, in order to load a game, and that would cause extra wear to the flash.

thanks for the reply....I keep thinking the ultimate improvement would be allowing filling the flash incrementally, allowing multiple games to be flashed ... that way you could have immediately accessible multiple small games...as many as the storage allows. Now let's say you want to play NAM, it will take over all the storage space reserving unused flash, while actually there would be room for few other games (or homebrew apps) ..makes sense?

kaironman

n00b
I know you guys may not understand that but we have a proud feeling just having alien doint it.
Big part of this product has been done by nostalgia, love from old times, and alien works bring us back those moments.

Alien, so many good moments for so many years mate, big fun at mups

kekeke

I ordered an MVS cart yesterday, can't wait to receive it.

Good work!

lifeknot

n00b
I ordered today an AES card, i am very happy for the excellent work of the neosd team... Thank you so much

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello everyone,

We have a pretty good surpise for everyone in firmware update form.

We are really excited about that

More details today/tomorrow

Thanks

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Hello everyone,

We have a pretty good surpise for everyone in firmware update form.

We are really excited about that

More details today/tomorrow

Thanks

=O I cant even imagine what it might be lol

neosd

Neosd Developer
The login screen has my face super-imposed on a juggling Monkey...

Sorry... for spoiling the surprise...

xROTx

Dancing monkey is still work in progress, dont loose the faith on that

Thanks

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Dancing monkey is still work in progress, dont loose the faith on that

Thanks

Mmhh.. unsure if you're trolling me... Usually I'm pretty good at stuffs like that..

Oh well... I'm just trollin' myself atm...

xROTx

PS. Raz things your new firmware lets you use the neosd to control his microwave...

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Thanks, I tested over lunch and sent you an update email =D That has made a positive difference! =D

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Man, the anticipation is killing me. Anybody in the Midwest get theirs yet? It's still showing as 'accepted' for me, with no updates on their website since 11/21.

12/5 - "Dispatch from the point of origin international office". Progress...

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Seems that KOF2003 loading time competition times are coming back... ;-)

The new firmware update is gonna be awesome! ;-)

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

Lets see who can flash it under 2:45, this is my flashing time with a cheap sony microsd right now ;)

Thanks

Seems that KOF2003 loading time competition times are coming back... ;-)

The new firmware update is gonna be awesome! ;-)

neodev

Neosd Tech
....deduplication enabled on the flash?

No, we paralelized some tasks that previously were performed sequentially, converting the time wasted time waiting for data to be programmed into useful time :)
Our theoretical estimates were an improvement of about 25% of write speed, but we fell short, it seems it's over 30%.

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
No, we paralelized some tasks that previously were performed sequentially, converting the time wasted time waiting for data to be programmed into useful time :)
Our theoretical estimates were an improvement of about 25% of write speed, but we fell short, it seems it's over 30%.

That's awesome! Thanks for making the product better and better!

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member

That's pretty awesome. Under three minutes for the largest game is pretty legit.

Last edited:

benjiedude

Quiz Detective

This is awesome! The previously announced flash times was one of the things I was hesitant about in pre ordering one. I did anyway and am very happy to see you guys improving the product! For those of us who preordered the AES version, will we have a way to track ours and know if we'll be in the first wave of orders shipped?

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Is this going to be available via AES or MVS versions throughout the year or is this a limited release item? I won't be able to purchase one until late next year, but will promptly buy one and sell off my MVS carts when I can.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Is this going to be available via AES or MVS versions throughout the year or is this a limited release item? I won't be able to purchase one until late next year, but will promptly buy one and sell off my MVS carts when I can.

GALL_BLADDER pal...

Neosd has said that it will be available as LONG as the demand is there... batch by batch...

The only reason the AES ones are so limited for now... is that we have the Xmas period and the factories have "weird timetables..."... hence it will take ages for a new AES batch...

xROTx

PS. That 10 year badge.... shall be turned into a n00b badge if you don't start reading the thread properly...:D

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I think a Hyper NeoGeo 64 SD should be a priority and not an AES version.