MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
i think i gona keep it,just get a mvs
i have 161 in 1,can play most games from that,and next year get me a mvs consolized,but i thought if 161 in 1 whas working,this baby also-
gona work,bad gamble.

Last edited:

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Honestly , i was expecting an issue like that with MVS converters , considering once Neosd flashed is like an original cart ; that could work , but a different story about the menu.

Neosd is developing now an AES version so maybe he could build in the future a kind of unified firmware working under AES and MVS ....

But for me that's not totally a miss , because i could play on my AES , just need to flash the cart on my cab before ....

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
But for me that's not totally a miss , because i could play on my AES , just need to flash the cart on my cab before ....

Thats true although its strange why kof2003 does not work on the converter. Can you try SVC and Garou and see if either of those work trying on AES after flashing on MVS.

Last edited:

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
raz,a mv1b,is this a good mvs?
and the serial number,is it the white sticker on the neosd?

Last edited:

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
i found on ebay 1 for 250e consolized with unibios 3.3
its easyer if the unibios is socketed

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Thats true although its strange why kof2003 does not work on the converter. Can you try SVC and Garou and see if either of those work trying on AES after flashing on MVS.

Garou AES is working fine , SVC : i get dark screen after neogeo jingle screen

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Ok so both kof2003 and SVC have the same issue on AES via converter, that makes sence given both original games are very simular in how they work (kof2003 does not have a neogeo spinning logo). Might be fixable via firmware update although thats just a guess on my part.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Ok so both kof2003 and SVC have the same issue on AES via converter, that makes sence given both original games are very simular in how they work (kof2003 does not have a neogeo spinning logo). Might be fixable via firmware update although thats just a guess on my part.

You are certainly right , the question is will neosd want to do that ?

Now they are developing AES version , of course that won't hurt the business because an mvs converter + MVS neosd will be certainly more expensive than a standalone AES neosd .
But i suppose , if the not working games and menu issue is related only to the AES hardware and not the converter , there's a little chance to fix it on mvs neosd in the future.

Last edited:

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
are there aes to mvs controller converters?
im gona buy a mvs,but want to use the aes stick and neo geo cd gamepad.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
i said i gona buy an mvs next years,seems i gona buy it right now.
its consolized mv1b with unibios 3.3,neo geo gamepad and stick also working on it.
so why wait.
just payed,its from here on the forum.
its much cheaper then buy from here https://www.arcadeworks.net/omega-neo-geo-mvs-home-console
its a nicer look,but now i can play next week with my neosd.

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Mine arrived but I cannot use it =/ Originally I read the software worked on XP - most of my machines are still running XP, despite being modern hardware (mostly for development and diagnostic software that needs XP). I do have a Vista partition though, with the 4.5.2 .NET framework installed, and I installed the Visual C++ 2015 Update 3 Redist. The app keeps telling me that I need to install the VC 2015 Update 3 when its already installed. Damn annoying =/

EDIT: Going to have a play with the command line tool, I suspect I might have more luck with that!

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I will post tech stuff on that other thread on the tech forum. The tool seems to be working on Windows 7, but my worst fears have come true - the CRCs have to match, and the filenames within the zips too. I have a fairly recent set and filenames and CRCs don't match what the tool expects, the tool just then skips the ROM, which imo is wrong - why not just allow the build as is, because the CRCs wont always match depending on what version I am trying to put onto the cart.

Mikekim

n00b
I ran mine from a 0.144 version of mame..
came back with 242 of the 259.
removed the majority of alt versions and bootlegs and now have 181 on the SD card (kept a couple of the better alt versions and boots)

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Absolutely loving mine. Just for the record, took 3mins 52seconds to flash KOF2003 :lolz:

Last edited:

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Disappointed the converter isn't working correctly. Pre-flashing every game on mvs for the AES sounds kind of poopy to me. Let's hope a hardware guy can figure it out. A group buy could bring those magic keys under $200. Why are they so expensive anyway?

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
buyed a few hours ago an consolized mvs,have socketed 3.3 unibios,have normal neo geo ports on it.
so hope i have it next week.
tryed everything on aes with magic converter.
it is modded so i dont have to push the button on the converter to use 161 in 1.
but desoldered it,used the button,cleaned contacts,used other sdcard.
its sad it doesnt work,but i give up and buyed that mvs.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Disappointed the converter isn't working correctly. Pre-flashing every game on mvs for the AES sounds kind of poopy to me. Let's hope a hardware guy can figure it out. A group buy could bring those magic keys under $200. Why are they so expensive anyway?

Mmhh...

Neosd sold this as an MVS flash thingy... it was NEVER sold as compatible with a fucking AES convertor you dumb n00b...

As for the price point... for what it is... I find it extremely reasonable... it plays the Neo library in perfect format from what we have seen...

Hence... it is a good value entry point device... If YOU don't like it... go buy a TSS loose cart for $700usd then.. then spend the rest of your life complaining you can;t play the NG library because your cheap ass has been priced out of the market...

Fuckin n00bs...

xROTx

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
kof 2003 (flash & erase NM) in 03:44:31 with the 32GB San Disk Extreme Plus ;)

veryvery happy so far...found only one little bug so far (constant sound hiss when you exit back to menu, is gone when you start flashing the next game)

made a messy insert, will do the job for me until some official stuff is released

neosdinsert_b.jpg

Last edited: