MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Technically the issue can be solved by simply taking the decrypted section from the SSV .neo and using it to correct the issue in the decrypted part of the SSVS .neo. There are only 4 bytes marked that may be wrong in either set but of course given the original ROM is encrypted a dump is really needed.

To fix the basara pop though you can probably alter in the ssvs .neo;

0x8a7bc0 from 0xab to 0x08
0x8afd41 from 0x08 to 0x89
0x8b7bc0 from 0x6e to 0x82
0x8bfd41 from 0xda to 0x8f

I have already asked NTM to look at it but unfortunately he is not sure if his programmer can dump it.

Last edited:

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
am i the only one from germany still waiting for the neosd?
feelsbadman

tracking says "in transit" since friday :(

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
feelsbadman

According to Correos, my package has been "Admitido" since the 21st. No idea if that means it's actually in transit or not so hey, at least you actually know your package is in transit.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello everyone,

Admited means that the packet was deposited into correos main office.

USA packets will take more time than europe packets for sure.

Please, be patient

Thanks

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hello everyone,

Admited means that the packet was deposited into correos main office.

USA packets will take more time than europe packets for sure.

Please, be patient

Thanks

Apologies man, didn't mean to sound impatient or anything. Just meant that "admitted" is a bit ambiguous to where it stands overall. Not your fault in any way.

Appreciate your time and the verification!

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

You are more than welcome asking wathever you consider, no worries about that.
There is no way to know how correos works if you dont use it to ship, theyr whole website is pretty bad, if you ask me.

Tracking will show at usps.com as soon as the packet arrives usa.

Thanks

Apologies man, didn't mean to sound impatient or anything. Just meant that "admitted" is a bit ambiguous to where it stands overall. Not your fault in any way.

Appreciate your time and the verification!

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
feelsbadman

all i can say: mine was delivered by the post man on saturday and not via DHL. btw: it was very good that the pcbs were in a carton - after opening the damaged carton, i was glad that there was no "pcb puzzle" inside...

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Having Issues with NeoBuilder. Keeps crashing. It tried to work the first time after loading my MAME directory and hitting start. Then is crashed mid scan. Now it just crashes as soon as I hit start.

I'm using MAME 0.161
Window 7 Professional x64
The MAME directory is on an external HDD if that matters.
NeoBuilder is on my desktop
I have the C++ distribution installed already.

Here is my error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: NeoBuilderUI.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 58359e5f
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.6.1076.0
Problem Signature 06: 56d79fa2
Problem Signature 07: 3e8
Problem Signature 08: 4f
Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentOutOfRange
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Last edited:

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
The current build of the UI can't handle the entire mameset at once. Just use the command line if you're going to do that. You could also just pull the neo roms into their own directory.

@NeoSD is the shell still on course to be shipped on the 1st of December (or around that time)? Thanks!

neosd

Neosd Developer
@NeoSD is the shell still on course to be shipped on the 1st of December (or around that time)? Thanks!

Hello,

We have a meeting at plastics factory tomorrow, we should get the preseries shells this week.
Right now, we can´t give a shipping date for the shells but prolly we could ship in about one week, tomorrow we will know more and we will let you all know.

Thanks

manic23

n00b
The current build of the UI can't handle the entire mameset at once. Just use the command line if you're going to do that. You could also just pull the neo roms into their own directory.

I built my .neo roms from a complete MAME set no probs (0.171). I used the latest version of neobuilder with no crashes or errors. I have Win 10 Anniversary update.

@NeoSD thanks for the update, looking forward for the case!

Meanwhile, wife called me to tell me I got a package from Spain awaiting at home. Pity there is still no sign of my JNX Consolised from the US :/

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Yeah, Correos' website sucked. I couldn't figure out how to run the tracking # through it and so I'll just have to wait for it to show up. Thankfully I don't have a problem in my neighborhood with stolen packages.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Yeah, Correos' website sucked. I couldn't figure out how to run the tracking # through it and so I'll just have to wait for it to show up. Thankfully I don't have a problem in my neighborhood with stolen packages.

Try putting your tracking number through this site to see the initial shipping info:
http://www.track-trace.com/post

If you're in the USA, it'll only show as a valid tracking number after it hits customs (which is when you can track it on USPS.com).

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Thanks for the link. That website is showing it as "accepted", so it must not have made it through customs yet.

X68

n00b
Regarding SD cards and write times - I just bought the recommended 32gb v30 msd... previously I was using a UHS-1/10 16gb samsung card.
The 16gb card was faster by 2 seconds - maybe due to the card size rather than the rated read/write speed?
I have a new 32gb msd for my phone ;)

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

Have you formated it before copy the roms ?
It also deppends which game you had flashed before, cause erasing time differs on that.

Thanks

Regarding SD cards and write times - I just bought the recommended 32gb v30 msd... previously I was using a UHS-1/10 16gb samsung card.
The 16gb card was faster by 2 seconds - maybe due to the card size rather than the rated read/write speed?
I have a new 32gb msd for my phone ;)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
As a Pawnbroker... I sell a lot of 2nd hand mobiles... and I also notice that certain phones will lag after a larger microSD card is installed...

I'm no tech god but I've seen it enough to say that sometimes smaller is better...

xROTx

PS. Thats what I tell the missus as well...:keke:

nornor1

NEST Puppet
As a Pawnbroker... I sell a lot of 2nd hand mobiles... and I also notice that certain phones will lag after a larger microSD card is installed...

I'm no tech god but I've seen it enough to say that sometimes smaller is better...

xROTx

PS. Thats what I tell the missus as well...:keke:

It's all about Width!!

X68

n00b
Hello,

Have you formated it before copy the roms ?
It also deppends which game you had flashed before, cause erasing time differs on that.

Thanks

Yeah both formatted same FAT32 & both doing same thing - erasing KOF2003 then writing KOF2003

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Just a little bit issue, maybe not related at all with NeoSD.

Nightmare in the Dark. On the NeoSD, the sound fxs when the character jumps and drops on the ground seems to slightly crackle, what is also present with ROMs from different sources. This occurs more prominently when played on MAME, NeoRage and, even more, in the 161-in-1 multicarts. Searching for it on YouTube, there seems to be some videos where the problem is not present:

* No jump/drop sound fx crackling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0jmt37EzFY&t=319s

* Jump/drop sound fx crackling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4vFz_Iqo0U

The question is: Is this crackle sound present in the original game, or is it just a bad dumped ROM (in the same way that of SSVS with its "Basara" pop is)?

Last edited:

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
feelsbadman

is there a strike going on in spain?
nothing changed since friday :( - it still says "25/11/2016 Dispatch from the point of origin international office "
i dont want to wait any longer ;*(