MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
fille1976, whats that picture??? Also try keeping 1up start pressed while you boot, lets see if that will force you to the UI menu.

neosd

Neosd Developer
for me it doesnt work.

2wdy42g.jpg

Hello,

You are having a bad contact there, unplug it and plug it until it plugs ok

Thanks

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
neosd, he is trying on an AES with converter.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
ok that picture makes sense.. Seems to me that when in the magickey converter the NeoSD has problems reading from the SDcard. are you sure your button mod is doing everything it should? try again but keeping the button (on converter) pressed in all the time until the menu is up.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
getting a white screen if unibios means the bios does not see the game. If this happened after trying neosd's suggestion then its because the flash did not go correctly. Try holding in the start button during boot to get back to NeoSD ui.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
My arcade room is into an outbuilding so i'm coming and going sorry :

Just flashed KOF2003 basical version not aes all i get is a black screen.... maybe i should try aes version ?

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
doesnt work raz,get only white screen if power on aes with converter and neosd in it.
but its contacts,will try further
get back in the menu now,the rest the aes with start button pressed,goes to menu,doesnt even load
the pre loaded game

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
This is making my Saturday morning go quicker... thanks lads:D

I appreciate the effort you're all putting in to see the limits of the MVS flash thingy..

BUT bear in mind... this was designed for MVS only guys:D

xROTx

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
gona desolder the mod to see that affects something.
desoldered the 2 wires,hold button on the converter,get in to the menu.
but same problem.

Last edited:

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
BUT bear in mind... this was designed for MVS only guys:D

xROTx

I'm an MVS guy above all !!! ( who made the mistake to buy an AES for his TV :D )

Just tested Wakuwaku 7 : perfect ......

PS: I have different result than fille1976 maybe because my AES has a stock Euro bios

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I cant remember if kof2003 has some AES protections but I wouls suggest using the AES version if trying on AES. You also needs to confirm the game is working on your MVS first too.

Last edited:

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
it would be a good information WHAT MVS to AES converter is used...

greatfunky uses a Super MVS Convertor II (latest version)?
fille1976 uses some modified version of WHAT?

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
I think we are using exactly the same mvs converter version (the last one green) .

I tested KOF 2003 AES and i get also a black screen , then tested Samurai shodown V that is working ....i suppose the special should work too.

The difference between fille1976 and me is he get a better (less garbage) menu screen , but he couldn't play a game as i can , his console have a unibios , mine is stock .

PS: KOF 2003 once flashed in neosd work fine on my cab , and i have the original mvs cart that work fine also with my mvs converter

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Does your AES have unibios? if not make sure the neosd system option is set to console when trying on AES. That may allow kof2003 to work.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
aku,is use neo mvs magic key
probable gona sell it,i cant use it this way,bad luck for me

Last edited:

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Does your AES have unibios? if not make sure the neosd system option is set to console when trying on AES. That may allow kof2003 to work.

My AES is stock , i just tried KOF2003 AES with system mode option turned to AES mode but still get a black screen with the converter.

aku : my converter is green , just painted in black ;)

Last edited:

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
i just started neo geo aes up without sdcard,it going to screen with bad graphics like i showed before.
with sdcard i get white screen.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I think this sorts of confirmes the NeoSD MVS does not work correctly on a magickey. There is still the daedalus converter though we need to hear about and I guess you cannot rule out a firmware update that might get the MVS NeoSD working via a magickey.