Multi carts

bacteria

n00b
How good are the "X in one" MVS carts; i've heard you get some audio issues in some of the games, and slowdowns too - is this right, or are they as good as playing individual MVS game carts? If they aren't, begs the question of "why bother". Which is the best multi MVS cart to get if there are differences? I've seen some on ebay with cart only (as you'd expect) and some with a separate board too.

I prefer original carts, and have two; however some of the titles are very expensive so the easiest way to get them is multi cart - i'm thinking of titles like Bomberman, Metal Slugs and also Pop'n'Bounce, Puzzle Du Pon, especially; if they have Puzzle Bubble and also Neo Turf Masters, I could always sell my original carts if on the multi, as they appear to be. I'm not interested in the fighting games.

Comments?

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
How good are the "X in one" MVS carts; i've heard you get some audio issues in some of the games, and slowdowns too - is this right, or are they as good as playing individual MVS game carts? If they aren't, begs the question of "why bother". Which is the best multi MVS cart to get if there are differences? I've seen some on ebay with cart only (as you'd expect) and some with a separate board too.

I prefer original carts, and have two; however some of the titles are very expensive so the easiest way to get them is multi cart - i'm thinking of titles like Bomberman, Metal Slugs and also Pop'n'Bounce, Puzzle Du Pon, especially; if they have Puzzle Bubble and also Neo Turf Masters, I could always sell my original carts if on the multi, as they appear to be. I'm not interested in the fighting games.

Comments?

I have a 108 in 1 in my MVS cabinet and it has no issues. None that I have run into anyway. The trick was to get a really cheap MVS cart and move the insides of the multicart to the cheap MVS cart shell. For some reason the multicart shell in too tight for the slot and I think causes most of the issues people see with them.
I remember someone here saying the bottom spacer is the issue.

Anyway, in a official SNK shell I have no problem with the 108 in 1.
I'd like to to get a 150 in 1 someday, but I've read of people having defective ones.

jon713

Camel Slug
150-in-1 here... no issues... plays great in my 4-slotter... I run it in slot 1.

Same here, I have a 100 in 1 and it plays awesome on my 4 slot. I do notice that SVC is a bit darker than other games but not a big deal. It's worth the buy, Ive read about issues of it not working properly on certain slots if you have a multi-slot board. I always have it on my 3rd slot on my 4 slot mobo. I havent come across those issues though.

Hope this helps :scratch:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

Comments?
All you really need for Slugs is 1, X and 3 and those aren't very expensive loose. Pop N Bounce and PDP are shit games even for free.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
All you really need for Slugs is 1, X and 3 and those aren't very expensive loose. Pop N Bounce and PDP are shit games even for free.
true. i'd get magical drop 3 and puzzle bobble instead of p'n'b and pdp.

bacteria

n00b
Ok great - i've got a single port MVS, not tested it yet to know if it works or not. Assuming it works ok, i'll get a multi cart in that case and sell my two individual carts probably. I'll be working on modding my MVS board when I finish a couple of controller sections for my master controller in the Alpha Omega project and the video for it. I just hope my MVS board works, got it for a good price a few months ago...