Mame Whores

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
When I was at Otakon there were these two guys who kept coming up to play KOF'03 on one of the cabs. I kept beating them and they were like "oh I'm not good at all with the joysticks, I need to be on a keyboard."

It was a sad moment cause I could tell they were telling the truth. They knew the moves and some combos but were obviously having tons of trouble with execution.

It was like I was in bizzaro world. :help:

Oh yeah, I sure hope all you people will be on XBox Live when KOF2k2/2k3 hits. No more of this lag/keyboard BS. It'll be nice to finnally get a broad base of people to play KOF with. Especially here, forum bragging rights and all. :p

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Average Joe #2 said:
I hate to do this, but... :rolleyes:

EDIT: What if Gackt liked keyboards? Bet you'd change your attitude then.
pic-gackt5.jpg

EDIT #2: I still think that's a woman.

Ad Hominem fallacy? Ok.

kaos - Get busy with some other thing, quit stalking me, please.

laurie

Zero's Tailor
So does anyone care that emulation of neo games is illegal? I realise that the use of older games is not too much of a problem but your talking about 2002 and 2003 right? Im not trying to be all moral or anything, but there are forums that support emulation and those that don't.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
stephane and mushiki are right

hate them all you want ( and turn this thread into crap in the process :drool_2: )

but the fact remains :

they are right

i cant respect people who play with a kb

i can like,love,ADORE them as human beings

but when it comes to kof,they get zero respect from me

funnily enough,
i was playing on a real neo with a KB LOVER guy just yesterday evening...

a bizarre coincidence given the circumstances ?

lord yamazaki :

i'm on a shitty 56 k modem so even with a real neo stick i wont be able to play online

tell you what,
even if i had a 39282392389 GB connection i still wouldnt like to challenge people online

it feels so fake to me

when i was playing in japan,i met 2 or 3 godly 2002 players

i lost

no problem,they were better than me

i was GLAD to have met them

they were playing 2002 like you wouldnt imagine

and they were performing all the fancy bc mode stuff right in front of my eyes

beautiful

but what if i lost a match through kaillera?
how do i know my opponent isnt cheating?
what if i lost because of horrible lag?

sorry,but playing online cannot be considered an alternative for the real thing

kof is playing versus with your friends or in arcades

when you can see your opponent and all

i can record a few matches with my friends and show you how good we are,
i'm not full of shit

but online ? meh

valenti

Mr. Big's Thug
I have to disagree. What about people who play both online and arcade? Online, you can play people from all over the country. And while tournaments are made for that purpose, they don't happen every single day. And this one player I know, is from Tawain and it shows. So consistent, always finding an opening, you can tell right off the bat he's freaking good. And the way he plays, its soo much cooler than that zoning and crap. And yes, he plays arcade as well.

Cranky

Dodgeball Yakuza
fran, i've been away for quite a while, so that means you finally liked 2k2 huh? :D

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
yes :D

the bgs / music / and some 7 years old sprites STILL piss me off

but after a year and a half you just focus on the gameplay

and well,there isnt a single bad kof when it comes to gameplay

so...

'Lord Yamazaki'

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Fran said:

hate them all you want ( and turn this thread into crap in the process :drool_2: )

but the fact remains :

they are right

funnily enough,

lord yamazaki :

i'm on a shitty 56 k modem so even with a real neo stick i wont be able to play online

tell you what,
even if i had a 39282392389 GB connection i still wouldnt like to challenge people online

it feels so fake to me

i lost

beautiful

i'm not full of shit

but online ? meh
I would love to see you record some matches with your friends so I can see your skills at the game. Show only stuff that you feel "satisfied" with.

I agree that Kaillera will never give the same experience as playing with the other dude right next to you, but I also find it a very fun experience.

True that the dudes may be using macros, but also true that they may NOT be using it.

And also when they do extremely good even without combos and just normal moves, zoning, and pressure, I don't see how they can use macros to help them out right there.

Such a shame we weren't able to play with me then. And btw, I am from Mexico and I do go to local arcade tournaments every now and then, and I still do good. It's just at home with Kaillera, I can have good competition whenever I want, at the comfort of my own house.

If you are ever to be in the right "conditions" for playing kof online. Just give it a try man. It's also very fun.

ken_dong

Sakura's Bank Manager
Lol, really, nothing against keyboards, but I simply can't imagine how playing with it can be... ^^.

As regards kaillera, well, imho it is a fine option if you do not have players close to you; my brother does not care about 2d fighters and every friend of mine got ps2 with winning eleven and other 3d things like that, so kaillera is the way for me.

* but I must admit WE games aren't bad for sure ^.

Then, kaillera = great competition; macros keep away the fun, I know (lol, someone on kaillera thinks that I constantly use macros), but in general you can find some really nasty foreign players there, so in the end it is good.

I also like the ping feature, because if you got 100 ms and your opponent got 20, you must focus more on the fight 'cuz you know that you got delay on buttons.
Well, just for laughing, yesterday I played against a strong fighter, I had 210 ms ping, he had something like 18 O_O.
On the whole he owned me, the final result was like 20-12, but I still am proud to have fought well though; we both have done a significant amount of guard cancels for sure, and I noticed a big delay ^_^.

As regards keyboards, I only think that these ones are funny devices, but my respect simply goes to every kind of player, I don't care about gaming devices ^__^.

Cya :*)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Playing online is just a shits thing. I mean, it's fun and all, but it's not something you can seriously take competitively. It's different if that's the only way you can get competition. Sure, then you're able to sing miracles of great matches you may have had, but it's no substitute for playing in the arcade. I know, because I'm in this same situation. I'm only able to get competition online. I have a lot of fun with it, but I'll never forget the days of Hyper Fighting and FFS where real competition was taking place, and there wasn't any lag bullshit or desyncing either.

daybona

Juz,
Best fran post ever

He's right.

It took me a while to figure it out, but after all the lag, droppers and ex users, just about all the fun of cvs2 on xbl has been sucked dry.

I can't wait for SF3 though. If theres anything that could be called a cheese free fighting game, 3rd strike is it.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I like mame cause I can play people out of the US and test there styles.
You cant use macross or other shit in mame.
Some people would like to think that cause they cant accept how good some of there opps are. Mame is a gamble at times. I like playing motw on there cause down here I have next to know method of playing others.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Whare can I get the Neo to PC converter?
Is it usb?
Thanks.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
HellioN said:
Whare can I get the Neo to PC converter?
Is it usb?
Thanks.
There's no commercially available neo to pc converter that I know of. Most people that have one made it themselves by hacking a usb PC gamepad.

If you didn't want to do any hacking yourself you could buy a neo to PSX converter from lik sang and then buy a PSX to USB converter and run it through two.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Fran said:

but the fact remains :

they are right

funnily enough,

lord yamazaki :

tell you what,

it feels so fake to me

i lost

beautiful

i'm not full of shit

but online ? meh

Its the same thing, sometimes you dont get lag, but i've learned ALOT online.
Some of these players are amazing and are fun to learn off of.
The net is the quickest way to get decent in KOF, because unlike when I go to the cades to play so cal compet, I can play people from all over the world, and that kicks mad ass.

Judging something you havent given a chance is kind of your loss man, cause I know you would love this shit if you actually played.
As far as fancy bc mode stuff, YTK plays solely that way, hes the most disciplined player I've ever seen and have played and thats just to break the ice.

In 2002 hes a lunatic cause he uses 100%'s and the works, the second he crosses up with a well stocked yama or vanessa, the match is pretty much fucked.
He also uses a kb.

In fact, KB isnt that difficult to use, ask LY how I play SSIII.

Also:
Presently, you cant use macross on mame.
You can tell when you lag.

Sure it can. Depends how you play.
I loose alot to these higher level players and I love learning new stuff cause of it.
I like to loose cause it makes me better as a player.

Hahaha man, I used to play online years back with 56k and using keyboard.
In fact, me and wasabi used to play online. We had alot of fun at the time.

Try it before you knock it is all I'm saying.

This has nothing to do with you fran, but alot of people knock these kb players who are really good, cause they cannot accept they are so good with such a shoddy medium, often times, the person judging is using a stick.

ken_dong

Sakura's Bank Manager
Yeah, I'd say that Kaillera has instructed me a lot too, I've begun to play seriously 2d fighters three years ago, lol, I really was a noob on that year, I was not able to do a 2-3 hit combo, only specials and some supers alone, no combos at all... then I've met an italian guy just like me, and he taught many things to me... ^^

Anyway, I would like to play with you, guys, my favourite servers are GSV and PlusNet... cya ^^

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
firebomber said:
There's no commercially available neo to pc converter that I know of. Most people that have one made it themselves by hacking a usb PC gamepad.

If you didn't want to do any hacking yourself you could buy a neo to PSX converter from lik sang and then buy a PSX to USB converter and run it through two.

Thanks for the tip.
Think i'll just buy A cheap 6 button pad and hack it.
I was just really hoping to save some time.
Thanks again.

On topic.
I remember when Quake 3 came out fo the Dreamcast I was saying that all DC players will get owned because of the the Pad Vs. KB & mouse.
Well when I (A KB & M player) finally got on there I was deffenitly trying my best to keep up.
All that says to me is that when you only have one way to play the game, and you really want to play it, You play it.
I know people who will own me in Q3A with A pad...I don't see why somebody can not learn to play A fighter & be very good on A KB.
Just my $0.02 .

Last edited: