Mame Whores

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
a few combos / infinites you see in exhibition vids are impossible without "help"

remember when we talked about "tapping",lwk?

9 or so hits with light punches with mary

i just wont believe it until i see it with my own eyes

how do i know they're not cheating ?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Fran said:
a few combos / infinites you see in exhibition vids are impossible without "help"

remember when we talked about "tapping",lwk?

9 or so hits with light punches with mary

i just wont believe it until i see it with my own eyes

how do i know they're not cheating ?

Dude it isnt impossible. People can do em with KB's. I know this cause I have friends who can. Most tapping is easy btw. I did my latest vid entirely with my sidewinder ms pad, which I've repaired.
Really bro, disect the idea of tapping, a succession of hits.
Angel tapping 10+ HARD, shermie = HARD Ramon = HARD.
The cheaters usually get found out. remu+bilal+persona - not cheaters

98 tak, heavy d, yuri, 97 terry, 96 geese, krauser = all easy.
IN 98:
I start most of these set ups with a cx, especially with Tak's jd or heavy d's jc/jb. I prefer crossing em up. I can tap with my pad.
You can do anything with any medium if you become accustomed to it. Just takes time and practice. Even more so if you are on a kb.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
EvilWasabi said:
this was a big deal with the huge ass Kizuna Encounter kim combo video. Basically, a combo you cannot do without an emulator.

anyhow...

macros are lame, but you can do them with some of the SNK ports of KoF and SS... And they honestly don't helpyour game...

They don't help your game, but I've seen people who can't play for shit beat the hell out of some badass KoF players using that Macross BS. For some stupid reason, the people who lose don't say a word about the programed stick or pad, they accept their loss like it was a real game.

What one guy did was program Iori's BC combo in the stick he had, then they played the PS2 version of KoF 2k2 and he beat the hell out of everyone who played him with the same shit, once he hit that cross up b+B it was over.

LWK, I remember you telling me that Remu and them can do the combo's on the keyboards, but they couldn't play against someone with it. The easy wat to find out if someone is using a stick or keyboard in online play is when they type to you. If their character starts throwing out random punches and kicks, you know they're on a KB, so if you or LY type to them, see what the hell they do.

btw Joystck > Pad > Shit > Keyboard

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
Master Giby said:
LWK, I remember you telling me that Remu and them can do the combo's on the keyboards, but they couldn't play against someone with it. The easy wat to find out if someone is using a stick or keyboard in online play is when they type to you. If their character starts throwing out random punches and kicks, you know they're on a KB, so if you or LY type to them, see what the hell they do.

Since when? When I use to play some KOF 98 online with a KB, you hit your talk button then type, easy as that.... That's how it worked with me and MAME.

BTW - I hope to get an adapter for my PS2 stick to play you guys, I suck at KOF, so it'd be a fun learning experience.

'Lord Yamazaki'

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Fran said:
that "offended" bit wasnt aimed at you,btw

and no,i dont really think i can lose vs a keyboard loving guy

have you ever played against me?

do you know how good i am?

no,so maybe you shouldnt assume things

and i know what you might be thinking

BUT FRAN YOU ARE ASSUMING THINGS YOURSELF !
YOU THINK THOSE GUYS AINT GOT MAD SKILLZ AND YOU NEVER PLAYED VS THEM!!!

yes,because its a law of nature

you cant win with a keyboard,thats all

plus,how do we know they really use a keyboard?

i'm waiting for this adapter to arrive so i can play on my computer with a neo stick

so maybe they're using a pad,a mouse,a video card,SOMETHING ELSE

?
Ok, once you receive that adapter of yours, would you mind beating the shit out of me in either 98 or 2002?

Like I said, I am "lvl 7" so I am far from the best. But I still would like to see if you do have the skills to back your shit up.

If you do however beat me, I'd like to see you take on the Maniaks, and I seriously, seriously doubt you'll beat them.

But, if you are to beat them, well that would mean, you are the best fucking KOF player I know. And you will receive my respect. That good enough for you?

Btw, the "offended" part was I assume, directed at me no? Sorry to say, that I wasn't offended, I'd say I was "annoyed" with your ignorance on how you think that people just can not do good with a kb.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Shinji said:
Since when? When I use to play some KOF 98 online with a KB, you hit your talk button then type, easy as that.... That's how it worked with me and MAME.

BTW - I hope to get an adapter for my PS2 stick to play you guys, I suck at KOF, so it'd be a fun learning experience.

Whenever I used to play and type to the oppoenet, whatever I pressed was done in the game, LWK knows.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Master Giby said:
They don't help your game, but I've seen people who can't play for shit beat the hell out of some badass KoF players using that Macross BS. For some stupid reason, the people who lose don't say a word about the programed stick or pad, they accept their loss like it was a real game.

What one guy did was program Iori's BC combo in the stick he had, then they played the PS2 version of KoF 2k2 and he beat the hell out of everyone who played him with the same shit, once he hit that cross up b+B it was over.

btw Joystck > Pad > Shit > Keyboard

I dont remember saying this about remu. I'm sure he could play against others with a KB.
That random punches and kicks is true. But rarely do we talk in the middle of play, so you almost never see it.

laurie

Zero's Tailor
Master Giby said:
Heh, check out the SSVS thread in N&R, people are planning to dump the game in there and it doesn't seem like anyone cares.

That will be because its needed to fix some glitches in SSVS for the people who want to legitimately buy and play the game. If you were just sharing roms a new games Im sure you would all get booted. And I do agree that you can get good with any control system, it just seems a bit like making life difficult for yourself to insist on using a keyboard, Its got to feel better with a nice arcade stick no?

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
can get good, with whatever means necesarry. im very skilled with kb but not half as skilled as im with stick or pad. so are my little brothers. they fought a friend of mine on kawaks through internet with them using kb and my friend was using x-arcade stick. they played 1.5 hours almost 2 hours and my friend didnt even win 1 game. and hes pretty good too (not tourney level, but little brothers are). kb is easy with most combos, all the combos you see in combo vids from kof to RB i can do on kb. but with less skill then stick but i still manage. the thing is when you are performing hard combos with moves with difficult motions it becomes a pain in the ass and you really start missing your stick. a combo i always used on pad and stick was haohs ss2 combo j+AB, cB, df-hcf-rdp+BC. but i have trouble with just df-hcf-rdp+BC on kb. some 02 BC combos are also little frustrating on kb, especially half circles constantly and hcf or b *2 are a pain on kb (depending on game).

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
i totally agree with fran !

Play a arcade game with a keyboard arent natural !
And about online play, if really everyone use macros while the fight, that s really lame and pathetic ! where is the skill, the challenge ?

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Stephane said:
Play a arcade game with a keyboard arent natural !
And about online play, if really everyone use macros while the fight, that s really lame and pathetic ! where is the skill, the challenge ?

best stephane post evar!

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
buttasuperb said:
best stephane post evar!

heh
now I understand why the idiot never post shit longer than 1 line, such as "heh", "good news"....... "you're a racist"(WHATEVER the fuck is that supposed to mean)

Last edited:

valenti

Mr. Big's Thug
People are overblowing this macro business way out of proportion. I haven't seen one person who was playing "cheap" or whatever.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Who cares about keyboard players? Can you play at a tournament using a keyboard? Can you show-off at the Game Center using a keyboard? Will anyone truly respect you as a player if you are only good with a keyboard?

No.

valenti

Mr. Big's Thug
Keyboard or joystick or pad, all it matters is if you can beat people with it. And I will assume this, if you are good on kaillera, you probably play at the arcades.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
valenti said:
Keyboard or joystick or pad, all it matters is if you can beat people with it. And I will assume this, if you are good on kaillera, you probably play at the arcades.

I know several "great" keyboard players from online teams like that, and they all admit they are horrible when playing with a joystick, ergo they use Kaillera as a substitute for real competitive arcade play.

And, again, you cannot compete at a tournament with a keyboard.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
Mushiki said:
I know several "great" keyboard players from online teams like that, and they all admit they are horrible when playing with a joystick, ergo they use Kaillera as a substitute for real competitive arcade play.

And, again, you cannot compete at a tournament with a keyboard.

and everyone who plays with a KB HORRIBLE(SORRY NO BOLD) with a joystick?

then everyone who "listens" to shitty j-pop must be a fag

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Shinji said:
and everyone who plays with a KB HORRIBLE(SORRY NO BOLD) with a joystick?

then everyone who "listens" to shitty j-pop must be a fag

I don't quite understand your post. Or what Japanese Pop has to do with all this.

Still, I stated what I know about the great keyboard players that I perosnally know, not everyone.

Average Joe #2

Crazed MVS Addict
Mushiki said:
Who cares about keyboard players? Can you play at a tournament using a keyboard? Can you show-off at the Game Center using a keyboard? Will anyone truly respect you as a player if you are only good with a keyboard?

Yes.

Who fucking cares what you use to play with, long as it's done without cheating (see: macros), then a good player using a keyboard still gets respect.

It's a shame that Diavle doesn't post here much anymore, that guy uses a keyboard and could school anyone here easy in a KOF match.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Tournament regulations and real competition seem to care.

ROM dumps are not perfect, internet connections are not lag free, OS' have errors, so many aspects seperate real tournament level competition from online ROM dump emulation/play.

Average Joe #2

Crazed MVS Addict
Mushiki said:
Tournament regulations and real competition seem to care.

Average Joe #2 said:
Who fucking cares what you use to play with, long as it's done without cheating (see: macros), then a good player using a keyboard still gets respect.

Mushiki said:
ROM dumps are not perfect, internet connections are not lag free, OS' have errors,

Um... duh?

Mushiki said:
so many aspects seperate real tournament level competition from online ROM dump emulation/play.

Again -- Um... duh?

Still doesn't take away from the fact that a good player is a good player, regardless of their means of control.

I haven't seen anyone say: Netplay and Keyboard > Face-to-face and Joystick

LWK and others are just stating the fact that there are insanely good players who are skilled in unconventional means of control.

So just because someone doesn't play with an optimized means of control that automatically dismisses them as being considered good?

I hate to do this, but... :rolleyes:

EDIT: What if Gackt liked keyboards? Bet you'd change your attitude then.
pic-gackt5.jpg

EDIT #2: I still think that's a woman.

Last edited:

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
Average Joe #2 said:
EDIT: What if Gackt liked keyboards? Bet you'd change your attitude then.
pic-gackt5.jpg

lolZ
anyway I cant believe you tried to answer something intelligent to that retarded faggot for 2(TWO) times

He just deserves to be ignored or insulted