Magic:The Gathering

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Word%20of%20Command.JPG

underground_sea_print.jpg

theres a fair number of bg ub lands that are nice, not all of em though.
...word of command looks better oncard and geez underground sea looks nice all big.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
OK since I pulled that Sorin, Solemn Visitor in draft I decided to take everyone's advice and add white. I went ahead and picked up 3 Seige Rhino's (gonna get another later), 4 Abzan Charm's, and 4 Fleecemane Lion's. It has really made a HUGE difference, and I don't even have the expensive lands yet. I will post my deck later when I get it more fleshed out, and need some more advice. But right now I have a question.

I am torn between running either God's Willing (target creature gains protection from color till end of turn), and Rangers Guile (target creature gains hexproof, and get's +1/+1 until end of turn)

I was thinking of running either 2 of each, or 4 of one, if one is better. If I ran 2 of each I would be more likely to have the mana to cast whichever was in my hand early game.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
No it's ANGELIC DESTINY (Enchantment) from M12 :)

Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +4/+4, has flying and first strike, and is an Angel in addition to its other types.
When enchanted creature dies, return Angelic Destiny to its owner's hand.

Oh yeah I remember that card now, I loved that card too bad it didnt see much constructed play.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
OK since I pulled that Sorin, Solemn Visitor in draft I decided to take everyone's advice and add white. I went ahead and picked up 3 Seige Rhino's (gonna get another later), 4 Abzan Charm's, and 4 Fleecemane Lion's. It has really made a HUGE difference, and I don't even have the expensive lands yet. I will post my deck later when I get it more fleshed out, and need some more advice. But right now I have a question.

I am torn between running either God's Willing (target creature gains protection from color till end of turn), and Rangers Guile (target creature gains hexproof, and get's +1/+1 until end of turn)

I was thinking of running either 2 of each, or 4 of one, if one is better. If I ran 2 of each I would be more likely to have the mana to cast whichever was in my hand early game.

God's willing is better IMO cause of the scry but personally I wouldnt run either of them, there are a lot more impactful cards you can play than those

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, I would personally play more aggressive cards than those.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Yeah, I would personally play more aggressive cards than those.

Yeah I don't really have any more aggressive cards eight now. I really feel like 8/10 games the Rangers guile saves my ass. But I also feel like unless black they're just gonna wipe the board, and I might be better off sand bagging another creature.

I was considering that $10.00 multi guy on the chariot who exiles cards from graveyard. He's tough. Or a white board wipe. If I picked a board wipe I would prolly of play 1 or 2 and have 2 more free spots.

What would you suggest?

Off the top of my head I'm running these creatures so far.

Den protector 4
Siege Rhino 3
Master if the feast 2
Merciless executioner 3
Fleecemane Lion 4
Tasigur the Golden Fang 1
Sorin, Solemn Visitor 1

Last edited:

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Anyone trying to build a Demonic Pact deck?

Lot of fun to play with but very risky too.
Although I never died from the Pact itself

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Yeah I don't really have any more aggressive cards eight now. I really feel like 8/10 games the Rangers guile saves my ass. But I also feel like unless black they're just gonna wipe the board, and I might be better off sand bagging another creature.

I was considering that $10.00 multi guy on the chariot who exiles cards from graveyard. He's tough. Or a white board wipe. If I picked a board wipe I would prolly of play 1 or 2 and have 2 more free spots.

What would you suggest?

Den protector 4
Siege Rhino 3
Master if the feast 2
Merciless executioner 3
Fleecemane Lion 4
Sorin, Solemn Visitor 1

A bit heavy on white, but Brimaz can be very annoying unchecked.
Tasigur is very strong, I run 2 copies minimum just to be sure to hit a copy at least once a game.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

What would you suggest?

Den protector 4
Siege Rhino 3
Master if the feast 2
Merciless executioner 3
Fleecemane Lion 4
Sorin, Solemn Visitor 1

Hmm, not sure what I would add... maybe something for card draw or to have your opponent discard. Maybe even a creature sacrificer?

By the way, my U/R thopter deck is near complete. I just need more hangarback walkers. Got one out of a pack the other day and was stoked! I really don't want to spend $18 apiece on them, so that pack saved me money.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Hmm, not sure what I would add... maybe something for card draw or to have your opponent discard. Maybe even a creature sacrificer?

By the way, my U/R thopter deck is near complete. I just need more hangarback walkers. Got one out of a pack the other day and was stoked! I really don't want to spend $18 apiece on them, so that pack saved me money.

Nice! I quit buying packs other than drafting. I have the worst luck. Hanger back Walker is a good card. I feel like once I get some fetch lands I will be close to done. I'm really crossing my fingers on some good green and black cards in this new expansion. With thoughtseize rotating out, and lack of a good planeswalker, something needs to happen.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Nissa and Liliana are good planeswalkers... just not as good as Jace. :p

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Anyone trying to build a Demonic Pact deck?

Lot of fun to play with but very risky too.
Although I never died from the Pact itself

I played a blue black demonic pact deck at FNM last week died to my pact 5 times lol need to retool it a bit but that card is crazy powerful.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I played a blue black demonic pact deck at FNM last week died to my pact 5 times lol need to retool it a bit but that card is crazy powerful.
Yeah it's a bit hard to bounce or destroy your pact with blue and black!
Maybe add some green?

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Here's an Abzan deck that uses Demonic Pact, it was introduced a few weeks back during the Vancouver grand prix

Creatures (24)
4 Hangarback Walker
2 Den Protector
3 Sylvan Caryatid
4 Courser of Kruphix
1 Invasive Species
2 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
1 Reclamation Sage
4 Siege Rhino
3 Woodland Bellower
Spells (11)
2 Hero's Downfall
3 Demonic Pact
2 Utter End
1 Liliana Vess
2 Tragic Arrogance
1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
Lands (25)
3 Caves of Koilos
5 Forest
2 Llanowar Wastes
1 Plains
4 Sandsteppe Citadel
3 Temple of Malady
2 Temple of Silence
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Windswept Heath

Pretty cool deck to build. A bit expensive but a lot of nice interactions and you could put down the Pact early.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
2 new PW!

Finally, a Kiora that does justice to my Ancient depths DECK! (Duel of Planewalkers 2012 anyone?)
Ob Nixilis art is.... ok... it seems a bit too simple.

11938041_951492098225595_4482397984555507222_n.jpg11990547_951492094892262_9192563129657257781_n (1).jpg

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Good choices on art ebinsugewa... Time Walk is awesome. Probably the most abstract and just plain weird art in the game, and I love it!

I have a hand painted Time Walk from Amy Weber (the original artist). I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

P.S. - Seems like some pretty decent new Planeswalkers.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I finally remembered to take a picture of my custom Time Walk:

20150909_093948.jpg

She's done a lot of these, but they are hand painted over a random card. Each one I've seen is very different from the next, so they are still one of a kind.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
That's.. really cool. Added bonus: perfect for 10-15 proxy vintage tourneys.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I bought a playset a few months ago but I'm glad to see Dragonmaster returns, especially with the Dragons and Landfall theme.

Dragonmaster-Outcast.png