Lmao Blade Runner 2049

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'm hopeful about it...it seems that there has been a ton of TLC placed into this one. I know that by what I've seen, it will at a minimum be beautiful to look at. The environmental scenes I've seen look amazing...

I'm going to try to see it this weekend, but I need a baby sitter for the kiddo and haven't aligned one as of yet...

...and she wants me to take her to the My Little Pony Movie, which also opens this weekend...my god...

the baby sitter or the kiddo?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The opening weekend of this coincides with our monthly date night, so I'll be seeing it this weekend. I'm still expecting the worst but we'll see.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I just bought tickets for a late night Friday showing. I wasn't planning on seeing this because I'm a big fan of the original.. but the reviews pushed me over the edge. It better be good.

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Just got home from seeing it. I was pleasantly surprised. It looked great and for such a long movie the pacing was ok. I'm not saying it was the best movie I've ever seen but it really exceeded my expectations.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
CC rights come and go. Is that your question? Ran was in there and now isn't too.

Ah ok. I didn't know that. Thanks.

Directors cut, Shroom.

It's late guys. It's a great movie but it's only Blad Runner in a superficial sense. Maybe that's appropriate. Full report tomorrow, but for now I'll say this. If Blade Runner isn't a part of your heart, mind, and soul, you'll love it. If you're like me and Deckard is your hard boiled Jesus, you're going to be disappointed. I drove home listening to the Vangelis OST shaking my head.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's late guys. It's a great movie but it's only Blad Runner in a superficial sense. Maybe that's appropriate. Full report tomorrow, but for now I'll say this. If Blade Runner isn't a part of your heart, mind, and soul, you'll love it. If you're like me and Deckard is your hard boiled Jesus, you're going to be disappointed. I drove home listening to the Vangelis OST shaking my head.

I will prepare for disappointment.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am rewatching the original (Final Cut) now, I am still impressed at how gorgeous the movie was.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
saw it last night. It was good. I wanted it to be better though. It doesn't evoke the same feelings of wonder that Blade Runner did. I didn't feel like i was transported into the world like blade runner was able to do. The film was still good, and def is worth a watch though

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Saw it last night and man oh man was it good. Thought it was one of the best movies i've ever seen. Its completely different than the first one which was the best way for it to go. It tries its own things. Its pretty easy to figure stuff out early but, it brings out some really thoughtful concepts and ideas. Do yourself the favor and go in with an open mind. Huge fan of the original and love this one just as much. I soo hope theres a home release with more though. The worlds just so damn interesting you always want more.

Last edited:

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I enjoyed the movie a lot, but I'm not a Blade Runner mega-fan or anything. It did have a different vibe to it, but it worked. And there were enough cool, new ideas to keep things fresh. My only complaint when comparing it to the original was that there was a lot more hand-holding in the new one.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Thing is the original was by Scott who was on fire back then and had his very particular take on filmmaking and story telling. Villeneuve comes into this film with his own baggage and it's bound to be strange. To me it's like the Episode 7 thing, there's a uncanny valley effect somewhere in there that makes you feel uneasy. But I practically hate JJ Abrams so fuck him and Star Wars.
I like Villeneuve as someone who can set the stage and has brilliant taste, but it's not hugely deep stuff. I'm going to watch it and try not to think about it too much. In these cases I would even prefer a reboot. But whatever, at least the attention to detail will grab me.
Maybe they should have gotten Aronovksy or Fincher to direct.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Holy crap, that is a $200 waffle maker! Do they even have waffles in 2049 or is it all hard liquor and sushi?

You know...I'm ashamed to admit it, but I had no idea what that thing ran until I looked it up today. My wife got it for me as a Christmas present years ago, I had no idea what it cost.

That things is seriously kick ass though, makes perfect waffles. We use it nearly every weekend.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Saw this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course I wasn't a huge fan of the original movie either. I expect die hards to have a different opinion than mine

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Shroom, it's a 1999 DVD with the cardboard case and plastic clasp.