Lmao Blade Runner 2049

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I really liked the trailer. Can't wait! I also liked Rogue One... it was entertaining? I wont be blowing my load on the bluray or anything but I didn't feel ripped going to the cinema.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'm all in. Going tomorrow to one of the best screens in New England. Watching the original tonight.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I'm seeing this tomorrow night, but I'm sceptical it's going to earn that rotten tomatoes score. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah, going this weekend... Every scene without Harrison Ford is going to be awesome.

Can't be worse than the theatrical cut of the OG.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
The score will adjust when more outlets have reviewed it.

magic-8-ball.png

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I'll be checking it out tomorrow. Can give anything but shits about reviews (good or bad). This has always been a "why the fuck not".

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm hopeful about it...it seems that there has been a ton of TLC placed into this one. I know that by what I've seen, it will at a minimum be beautiful to look at. The environmental scenes I've seen look amazing...

I'm going to try to see it this weekend, but I need a baby sitter for the kiddo and haven't aligned one as of yet...

...and she wants me to take her to the My Little Pony Movie, which also opens this weekend...my god...

fake

15 Year Member
I'm hopeful about it...it seems that there has been a ton of TLC placed into this one. I know that by what I've seen, it will at a minimum be beautiful to look at. The environmental scenes I've seen look amazing...

That's why I think it's crazy some people won't watch the original. I have a friend who thinks Blade Runner is super boring and won't watch it. The eye candy alone should be enough to get anyone through that movie. 80% of the shots show off amazing, unique sets and props.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That's why I think it's crazy some people won't watch the original. I have a friend who thinks Blade Runner is super boring and won't watch it. The eye candy alone should be enough to get anyone through that movie. 80% of the shots show off amazing, unique sets and props.

I tried to get a co-worker to watch it...he came back, declared it as a dated "boring 80's film" and told me he didn't finish it.

I really do not know how much they'll tie the new one to the old concerning how much they'll tell the viewer what happened in the original vs assuming you already know the plot. Personally, I hope they get right to it, if you haven't seen the original, tough shit. The three mini films seems to be prepping the viewer for what's to come...

She was so stunning in the film...her hair, makeup, clothing...all worked so well.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Which version did he see?

I'll have to ask, he was streaming it and I'm not sure which one they use.

I'm a large enough fanboy that I have the Crit laserdisc, original flip over DVD and the last collection......but its on HDDVD (I picked it up when HDDVD died and the sets got extremely cheap). He doesn't have any of those players (no surprise on the LD and HDDVD) and the DVD version is shitty...so when he/I first discussed it, I told him at the time just to stream it.

She went bat-shit crazy

Her stalking of Woods and goofball antics like her harassing Tim Burton wanting to be Cat Woman is legendary.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I tried to get a co-worker to watch it...he came back, declared it as a dated "boring 80's film" and told me he didn't finish it.

term2.jpg

Your co-worker is dead (inside).

fake

15 Year Member
I'll have to ask, he was streaming it and I'm not sure which one they use.

I'm a large enough fanboy that I have the Crit laserdisc, original flip over DVD and the last collection......but its on HDDVD (I picked it up when HDDVD died and the sets got extremely cheap). He doesn't have any of those players (no surprise on the LD and HDDVD) and the DVD version is shitty...so when he/I first discussed it, I told him at the time just to stream it.

Her stalking of Woods and goofball antics like her harassing Tim Burton wanting to be Cat Woman is legendary.

I have the flip over DVD. Not sure if it skips or has a few jump cuts in the master, e.g. When Deckard pulls out his gun to shoot Leon. I was just wondering how this isn't in the Criterion Collection. But it has a CC LD release?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I was just wondering how this isn't in the Criterion Collection. But it has a CC LD release?

CC rights come and go. Is that your question? Ran was in there and now isn't too.