Lmao Blade Runner 2049

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
1080 is low res now a days, grandpa.

The human eye can only see 480p ..!?!>>\asdfaf

Ford is getting old. Indiana Jones might be left dead. I've never been that harsh on Crystal Skull. It IS exactly like the previous movies except they swapped aliens for religion.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Saw it yesterday, not sure how I feel about it.

Harrison Ford needs to retire I think. He's doing another Indiana Jones in 2020? He will look positively decrepit by then

Looks amazing.

Still on the fence.

I'm one of those people that feel that Ford never really was all the great of an actor, he's either cocky-guy, or grumpy guy...and that's about it. He looks old and tired on screen...he needs to hang it up.

The human eye can only see 480p ..!?!>>\asdfaf

Ford is getting old. Indiana Jones might be left dead. I've never been that harsh on Crystal Skull. It IS exactly like the previous movies except they swapped aliens for religion.

CG'mon man....groundhogs, the atomic fridge....and this...
kingdom.jpg

Crystal Skull was an abomination...

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I had the same initial thoughts about Crystal Skull. Then i watched the original trilogy again.

You can find equally far fetched stunts and plot.
Aliens - Religion. both made up.
There are natives waiting at the temples just like in Crystal Skull.
Nuke IceBox is debated online. I think that served it's purpose.
CG was bad.

fake

15 Year Member
So apparently 2049 is actually going to be successful. Studios typically want to double their money, but this is pretty damn good for what it is: $224 million worldwide from a $185 million budget.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
So apparently 2049 is actually going to be successful. Studios typically want to double their money, but this is pretty damn good for what it is: $224 million worldwide from a $185 million budget.

That's not successful. You need about double your money to break even when you take into account marketing and currency differences (as weird as it sounds, a film that makes 100 million domestically and 50 million internationally will probably be more profitable, given the same budget, than one that makes 75 million domestically and 75 million internationally).

The best case scenario is that they eventually break even years down the line with Blu Ray, DVD, digital sales, streaming, TV syndication, etc. Which is not the goal when you spend close to 400 million on an investment.

fake

15 Year Member
That's not successful. You need about double your money to break even when you take into account marketing and currency differences (as weird as it sounds, a film that makes 100 million domestically and 50 million internationally will probably be more profitable, given the same budget, than one that makes 75 million domestically and 75 million internationally).

The best case scenario is that they eventually break even years down the line with Blu Ray, DVD, digital sales, streaming, TV syndication, etc. Which is not the goal when you spend close to 400 million on an investment.

Breaking even on budget and A/P? For fucking Blade Runner, a franchise basically dormant for 35 years? That's a success. I don't think the studios or producers went into this thinking they were going to add millions to their own bank accounts.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Don’t take it personally. RS and DV knew that the movie had to open big to come near the $400mm projection needed to pay off everyone and call it a success. You did your part, but you couldn’t make it a success on your own.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
$36mm over a 3 day weekend opening for a movie that cost $300mm after P&A is disasterous for a small studio (Alcon) with heavy losses historically (transcendence, point break reboot).

The expectation is that the movie will start strong, and BO revenue will wane over the next few weeks. But with a $36mm start the projections have been adjusted to sub optimal.

Please note.

fake

15 Year Member
Don’t take it personally. RS and DV knew that the movie had to open big to come near the $400mm projection needed to pay off everyone and call it a success. You did your part, but you couldn’t make it a success on your own.

$400 million? Jeez. Yeah, that's not going to happen. But for what it is, I think it's doing better than expected. And in non-Hollywood-speak, I'd call it a success.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
$400 million? Jeez. Yeah, that's not going to happen. But for what it is, I think it's doing better than expected. And in non-Hollywood-speak, I'd call it a success.

I was just taking the figures and statements from hollywood sites. There are a lot of angry reviewers upset that the movie didn’t do better because it will discourage investment in future movies like BR2.

fake

15 Year Member
I was just taking the figures and statements from hollywood sites. There are a lot of angry reviewers upset that the movie didn’t do better because it will discourage investment in future movies like BR2.

Ehh. Good. As much as I liked 2049, it doesn't need to exist. I'd prefer the classics to be left alone. And while there have been a bunch of amazing, original movies coming out over the past few years (Baby Driver, It Follows, Under the Skin, Ex Machina), 90% of it will remain either derivative or a remake / sequel / reboot, so I wouldn't take that threat seriously anyway. That Akira movie is probably going to come out at some point.