'Last Hope' Central thread

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Gotenks326 said:
Coming from someone that uses BOSE speakers. Need I say more? Apparently in your little BOSE world high-fidelity audio reproduction only means 7.1. I like how you also try to play victim all the time. Nice.

The don 2 - So, I can't make any comments because I don't have a 7.1 rig? What the fuck? When did having high-fidelity automatically become synonymous with 7.1? BELIEVE ME, NONE of us are jealous of Fakk and his BOSE rig or his super-duper-1337 MONSTER cables.

You act like a child. Drop it already.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Tell me though, what was your reasoning behind bringing up HDTV and 7.1? Are you seriously so consumed in the consumer hi-fi world that anything less than 7.1 is pure shit? Heaven forbid that anyone use 5.1! Or, *gasp!!* 2-channel STEREO!

Oh, by the way, I DID thank you several times (rather enthusiastically, too) for your media footage of the game.

Murray - Last I heard the NGCD release is supposed to come out 4th quarter 2006. It's been such a long wait that I think it might come out early 2007 :(

Fakk2

Gotenks326 said:
Tell me though, what was your reasoning behind bringing up HDTV and 7.1? Are you seriously so consumed in the consumer hi-fi world that anything less than 7.1 is pure shit? Heaven forbid that anyone use 5.1! Or, *gasp!!* 2-channel STEREO!

Oh, by the way, I DID thank you several times (rather enthusiastically, too) for your media footage of the game.

Murray - Last I heard the NGCD release is supposed to come out 4th quarter 2006. It's been such a long wait that I think it might come out early 2007 :(

I know you thanked me several times for the videos and Im very happy you enjoyed them, I just dont need to hear you bringing up my BOSE speakers anymore as it's an old topic and nobody cares to hear it anymore and you have nothing to compare it to anyways. Just drop it. The ONLY person here that I will take advice from on that issue is SMOKEHOUSE so please enough bickering about it.
Why do I not like 2.0 Stereo, lemme see... I had 2.0 when I was like 8 years old and it was good for TurboGrafX 16 games, I had 4.0 when I was 13 and it was great for Dolby Surround 3DO games and LDs, and then 5.1 for my Dolby Digital and DTS LaserDiscs when I was like 18, but now 7.1 is what I need and NO less as games on PS3 will have that and yes, 7.1 is all I like to hear now. Thats just me personally though if you like 2.0 great for you mate. Im happy you have such a wonderfull headset and I wish I owned one but personally I was done with 2.0 STEREO technology when I was 13, I personally needed to step up with technology as technology grew. As soon as something a bit better comes out I will be forced to upgrade once again. It has NOTHING to do with your Headset or your taste in audio, I personally am so used to surround sound that anything less than 7.1 sounds ... well not surround.

You seem to want to put me down for the stuff I buy yet your stuff is not even up to par with mine so why you can laugh at my stuff is beyond me. I just buy what I like. I cant help it if I dont like DVDs because of the compressed sound. I cant help it if I dont like 2.0 sound. After you get my age you'll be wanting differnt stuff as well instead of the same ol same ol. By then 14.4 will most likely be out (or something) and I highly doubt youll still wanna hear 2.0 or 5.1.

Im in the same boat as you man, I gotta save up money before I spend it and Im not uber rich so I am very proud that I have what I have and you are the same way. I dont see you boasting over 1.0 MONO sound because your done with that. I dont see you saying you love a $10 headset because you've stepped it up a notch (or in your case MANY notches). You are proud of your headset and I dont blame you I would be too. But try not to bash me for having what I have because
Im just like you man.
I barely scraped up enough money to get my Bose just to hear you bash it. Man I barely got Last Hope (had to pay my cousin back for months since hes the one who seems rich) and I get bashed for it because you all assume I have that kind of damn cash just sitting around, shit I wish.. It took me many months to buy my Monster Cables and I get bashed for it all the time need I go on? Im 29 what more do ya want of me, to go back into time so I can enjoy the 2.0 again? Sadly those days are over. Its 2006 now and I want 2006 equipment. You will do the same when your my age just like you did with your $400 headset. I honestly dont know what else to say about it. You paid a TON of money, more than anyone I know would, for your headset. Does that make you an instant asshole because you dont want a cheaper pair of headphones? I think not. You just want something nice, like I do. I got suckered into Bose like many EVEN SMOKEHOUSE DID! That doesnt mean its time to bash me or him or anyone that did. Instead you should be SORRY for us for buying into Bose LIES!

I'm not stuck up man, I've just moved along with the times. If the game/movie is made for 7.1 then for me no other will do. But I still watch old Black/White movies made in the 50's that dont even have speech and are MONO at best, and it sounds fine to me in mono as thats the way they were made. But if they were made better I would want to see and hear them better.

Last edited:

Fakk2

wizkid007 said:
This thread is full of niggers.

You never cease to amaze me. This thread had no "niggers" till you walked in.

Last edited:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Fakk2 said:
You never cease to amaze me. This thread had no "niggers" till you walked in.

I'm the whitest guy in white town.

That wasn't directed at anybody, just trying to clear the air of the animosity.

Fakk2

wizkid007 said:
I'm the whitest guy in white town.

Well aint that a bitch.

wizkid007 said:
That wasn't directed at anybody, just trying to clear the air of the animosity.

Well, thats one way to do it I guess.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Gotenks326 said:
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. I'll hand it to them that it's cool they're doing ports at all, but they're really taking their time.
wizkid007 said:
This thread is full of niggers.
That was completely irrelevant and uncalled for. What are you, six years old? There are no less than eighteen thousand better ways to say that the discussion in this thread has gone to shit but you chose this one. Idiot. :oh_no:

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Fakk2 said:
You seem to want to put me down for the stuff I buy yet your stuff is not even up to par with mine so why you can laugh at my stuff is beyond me.
This kind of attitude is why I go after people like you (The mainstream BOSE/monster cable/etc. crowd that has the BOSE 7.1 > ALL mindset).

I got suckered into Bose like many EVEN SMOKEHOUSE DID! That doesnt mean its time to bash me or him or anyone that did. Instead you should be SORRY for us for buying into Bose LIES! [/QUOTE]
You admit you got suckered into BOSE, yet you still get offended when people knock your BOSE gear? Do you or do you not like your BOSE speakers (It seems you recognize that you got suckered into BOSE, so I would think that you wouldn't think as fondly of your BOSE speakers anymore, and I'd think that you'd DBT/demo other cables as well...)?

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
How about you all buy a bunch of plane tickets. And then fight over the first class seats!

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
wizkid007 said:
How about you all buy a bunch of plane tickets. And then fight over the first class seats!

Wouldn't work mate...

They would probably crash the plane in the arguement over the on flight movie (or in fact it's audio output.)

Kekeke

Fakk2

Gotenks and Wizkid are now on my ignore list. Im not going to waste another moments thought on them.

Im buying Last Hope (again) when it hits Neo-Geo CD. DC version is coming out soon and I hope you all like it. :) Laters...

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Just found this interesting and thought others would as well:

Fakk2 said:
I just wanted you to know, the reason the game hasnt been dumped yet is simple really. I took a peek inside my cart to see what was in store for dumping it and believe me when I say that it looks impossible to do without destroying the cart entirely. It has EPOXY all over the top of the boards and in between the chips and all on the bottom of the chips so no solder can reach any pins. Every way that Epoxy can be removed can also destroy the EPROMS inside. 1 bad eprom and the whole this is worthless, so if someone does dump it they must be brave as hell and very professional.

Plus I got a note inside the cart begging me not to dump it before 2008 so that people can support them and they can release more neo-geo games. An early dump will change thier minds on future Neo-Geo games along with DC and NeoCD ports of games...

"PLEASE do NOT dump these roms until 2008.
Dumping these roms early will hurt our NEO-GEO
sales and our future projects in the future!
We trust in your honor not to dump these roms
for the Future of Neo-Geo gaming."

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Yeah, I heard this from Fakk2 a few months back now...
Was never brave enough to open up mine tho.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Just thought I'd point out to everyone calling Last Hope a "homebrew game" that the shmup Chaos field was a solo operation if I'm not mistaken. That one saw an official dreamcast release. What makes that one different from last hope? I think homebrew is a term that should be used in reference to quality only. If its as polished as a legitimate release, then who gives a shit?

-B

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
billd420 said:
Just thought I'd point out to everyone calling Last Hope a "homebrew game" that the shmup Chaos field was a solo operation if I'm not mistaken. That one saw an official dreamcast release. What makes that one different from last hope? I think homebrew is a term that should be used in reference to quality only. If its as polished as a legitimate release, then who gives a shit?

-B

I agree 100%. When a game is close to, reaches and in some cases surpasses the level of other games on the console, I really don't think the term homebrew should apply. Oh, and I actually enjoyed Chaos field also, I have it on gamecube myself.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
I agree 100%. When a game is close to, reaches and in some cases surpasses the level of other games on the console, I really don't think the term homebrew should apply. Oh, and I actually enjoyed Chaos field also, I have it on gamecube myself.
This thread never ceases to deliver.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
My comment actually had nothing to do with what is currently being discussed in this thread, it was just some random babble that popped into my head. I couldn't decide if I should post it in this thread or in the Last Hope dreamcast thread. As you can see I posted it here...

Not tryin to strum up any hard feelings, just stating my opinion on the whole "homebrew" thing.

ON a side note, software that I need to download, and burn to whatever media I desire is what I consider homebrew (emulators, mugen, beats of rage, etc.) A game that comes in a professionally printed box, with a full color manual doesn't fit the description of "homebrew" by my standards...

just my 2cents in the matter, as if anyone gives 2 shits....

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
billd420 said:
My comment actually had nothing to do with what is currently being discussed in this thread, it was just some random babble that popped into my head. I couldn't decide if I should post it in this thread or in the Last Hope dreamcast thread. As you can see I posted it here...

Not tryin to strum up any hard feelings, just stating my opinion on the whole "homebrew" thing.

ON a side note, software that I need to download, and burn to whatever media I desire is what I consider homebrew (emulators, mugen, beats of rage, etc.) A game that comes in a professionally printed box, with a full color manual doesn't fit the description of "homebrew" by my standards...

just my 2cents in the matter, as if anyone gives 2 shits....

Sorry, my fault, reading back dozens of pages wasn't an option. I do agree with the second part of what you just said though. Again, my fault I should have read back a couple pages.:loco: