'Last Hope' Central thread

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
only tools who don't know how to order over the internet prefer monster cable. :oh_no:

monoprice.com owns the FUCK out of monster, always will.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Fakk2 said:
Buy the game and dump it yourself man it's only $720 anyways. I'll even let you use my Rom programmer to do it.

and to norton: If you really believe that a $100 Cable has the same quality as one thats $5 you need to just buy from the .99 cent store as Im sure they will have the most awesome cables you will find anywhere! ;) Personally I'll stick with Monster Cable as I like thiers the best. But to each his own. The last cable I bought was $250 http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=2402 and its strictly going to be used for my PlayStation 3. But thats just my choice and what I like, Im sure some of you guys still use RF cables from the swap meet but thats your choice. ;)

If I had $720 I would buy the game and keep it. Problem is i am a mvs collector. I don't think I could buy the game and just look at it. Maybe in the future. I would like to go aes if I had the money. I guess I will just go back to school to be a doctor or move back in with my parents so I can afford to go AES.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
greedostick said:
If I had $720 I would buy the game and keep it. Problem is i am a mvs collector. I don't think I could buy the game and just look at it. Maybe in the future. I would like to go aes if I had the money. I guess I will just go back to school to be a doctor or move back in with my parents so I can afford to go AES.

Sounds like a good idea.

Fakk2

DashK said:
only tools who don't know how to order over the internet prefer monster cable. :oh_no:

monoprice.com owns the FUCK out of monster, always will.

I dont see anything good at monoprice.com and I do buy my cable over the internet.

I prefer Monster Cable.

Last edited:

Fakk2

kernow said:
dude, kimber cable can go up to $3000 per fucking metre

do some research

http://www.russandrews.com/lookup/0...-KIMBER-Select-KS-3038-speaker-cable-3360.htm

oh look , 8ft of speaker cable for $12,000 or thereabouts.

lol monster cable ¬_¬

Ok if you want to buy that shit, I still prefer Monster Cables. Kimber is for the uber rich, Monster Cable is more my level of spending habits. This has all been discussed before in this thread though, it goes back to the $80,000 speakers. If you have 80 Grand for speakers then Kimber Kable is your thing, but I dont buy that shit anddont care either. I buy what I want within a reasonable price range.

If you dont have Kimber Kable or 80 Thousand dollar speakers then who gives a fuck about your opinions of Monster cable? lol not me.

You talk alot of talk Kernow, but you never can walk the walk Ive noticed. Lets see all your Kimber Kables and 80 Grand speakers.

Fakk2

I think the funny thing about this is, I never said I was rich nor did I ever say I buy AES just to "collect" them. If ANY of you guys think Im just rich so I bought the game to brag your completely wrong. I am FAR from rich, and I play every AES cart I own all the time. I didnt buy Last Hope AES to brag, I didnt buy it because of its value, I could care less about its value, I bought it to PLAY and ENJOY! The REASON I like to let people know about the things I do buy is because I am happy that I can afford *some nice things. I never said I dislike Kimber Kable because they make crappy quality stuff, I just prefer Monster Cable because they are the ones in the price range of my choosing. If you dont like Monster Cable Im sure its because you own something WAY better. Again you guys are getting of topic and we have discussed this all before.

Last edited:

The don 2

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Its simple fakk2 buys whatever cable he is happy with and is in his price range,

(to kernow)
Monster leads are nothing like souped up ixos cables, its clear you know nothing about A/V my guess is fakk2 has around $1500 worth of stereo, so what he is using complements his items perfectly, what would be the point using something like kimber on a $1500 stereo? I tell you no point at all it would be like putting a ferrari engine into a ford capri.

Do you use kimber yourself kernow? if you are just looking to throw hi end names around, next time try siltech.

Oh if your wondering what components/leads I'm using
they would be wire world silver starlight hdmi, for audio nordost connected to musical fidelity.

It seems ever since fakk2 picked up that copy of last hope the haters have been on his case.

The don 2

Kuroko's Training Dummy
ttooddddyy said:
No average human ear could pick the difference between that silver wire and common copper bell wire, audiophiles are radical just like neo-geo enthusiasts ;)
Thats just complete rubish, I'm human and have ears and can tell the difference.

Fakk2

The don 2 said:
Its simple fakk2 buys whatever cable he is happy with and is in his price range,

It seems ever since fakk2 picked up that copy of last hope the haters have been on his case.

Thats all I been trying to say. Thank you. :) I simply get what I can afford.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Kernow, he's using BOSE speakers. It shouldn't be too big of a surprise then that he's using Monster cables.

Fakk2

Gotenks326 said:
Kernow, he's using BOSE speakers. It shouldn't be too big of a surprise then that he's using Monster cables.

Coming from someone that doesnt even have an HDTV or 7.1 surround, STFU!

The don 2

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I really cant understand why people are on your case all the time fakk2.
so what if you use monster cable & Bose speakers, as long as your happy with what you have thats all that matters.

To Gotenks326

From what Fakk2 is saying your in no position to make comments about other members AV equipment, so why the spurt of shit?

Why are there so many jealous people around here?
This constant bashing has to stop.

Fakk2

The don 2 said:
I really cant understand why people are on your case all the time fakk2.
so what if you use monster cable & Bose speakers, as long as your happy with what you have thats all that matters.

To Gotenks326

From what Fakk2 is saying your in no position to make comments about other members AV equipment, so why the spurt of shit?

Why are there so many jealous people around here?
This constant bashing has to stop.

I guess because I "Buy AES carts" and have since Neo-Geo was first born so therefore if Im not Uber rich and I dont buy $80,000 speakers Im considered "gay" or "poor boy" or something. I honestly dont know. You'd think people would be happy for you if you bought something you liked and barely came up with enough money to even purchase it, but at this website I guess its not "cool" to say you own something unless its worth many many thousads of dollars. And even the people who dont have anything at all still jump into the mess spouting off at the mouth just to put people down for no reason. I don't get some people. I just wanted people to be like "hey man congrats for getting some nice new cables" or "thanks for getting some nice videos for us the best you could" or even "Im happy for you that you can afford something new for your system setup" or "man, thanks for making a cracking kit for Neo-Geo CDs" instead I get bashed for it just because I love Neo-Geo AES games. :(

The don 2

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Fakk2 said:
I guess because I "Buy AES carts" and have since Neo-Geo was first born so therefore if Im not Uber rich and I dont buy $80,000 speakers Im considered "gay" or "poor boy" or something. I honestly dont know. You'd think people would be happy for you if you bought something you liked and barely came up with enough money to even purchase it, but at this website I guess its not "cool" to say you own something unless its worth many many thousads of dollars. And even the people who dont have anything at all still jump into the mess spouting off at the mouth just to put people down for no reason. I don't get some people. I just wanted people to be like "hey man congrats for getting some nice new cables" or "thanks for getting some nice videos for us the best you could" or even "Im happy for you that you can afford something new for your system setup" or "man, thanks for making a cracking kit for Neo-Geo CDs" instead I get bashed for it just because I love Neo-Geo AES games. :(

Believe Fakk2, I know from personal experiance that even if you are well off they still jump on board spouting off at the mouth, if you have $80 or $80.000 doller speakers it wont make a difference.

I think in your case, two words summs it all up "Last Hope"

I gaurantee the ones who start spouting all the shit dont have a pot to piss in, but as we well know they just jump on board and try to cheap shot you

I dont understand why people are like this either, the only thing that springs to mind is jealousy

Last edited:

Fakk2

The don 2 said:
Believe Fakk2, I know from personal experiance that even if you are well off they still jump on board spouting off at the mouth, if you have $80 or $80.000 doller speakers it wont make a difference.

I think in your case, two words summs it all up "Last Hope"

I gaurantee the ones who start spouting all the shit dont have a pot to piss in, but as we well know they just jump on board and try to cheap shot you

I dont understand why people are like this either, the only thing that springs to mind is jealousy

I guess your right. I don't know. I love the game "Last Hope" and I let several people play it and "some" of them actually enjoyed the game as much as I did and also bought the game after trying my cart out. I dont really care if people don't like the price, I didn't like it either, but, for a Neo-Geo AES game you can't really complain about it's price on AES cart so I went ahead and saved all my money and bought it, and it turned out to be a real winner of a game. By the time you get to Stage 4 you realize how beautiful the game really is and price basically just gets forgotten about (in my case anyways).

I just figured everyone would be as excited about a New Neo-Geo game as I was and would want decent videos about it so they can really know how good it is, instead of just guessing. I honestly can only tell people that it's a fantastic game, better than most Neo shooters, PULSTAR being the ONLY one I like better. If the game Last Hope was a pile of crap I would have stated that as well. I tried to keep my opinions about the game as unbiased as possible and I still love the game and I play it all the time.

I'm sure some may think it's too expensive but then again so is Chibi Maruko Chan Deluxe Quiz IMO (If I got the name correct). I would never pay over $800 on ANY mahjong or quiz japanese game no matter how rare it is. But I don't bag on people that do pay that kind of dough for those games, I tell them "wow man congrats for getting that game, it looks really nice" or something to that effect. If people wanna bash me for getting a game I can barely afford and it's a game I ended up really enjoying, then I guess that's thier choice. But I cannot understand that way of thinking. I personally despise the Xbox/360/Microsoft, but I try not to say anything bad to those who buy them for that is thier choice and if that's what they like then so be it, as long as they dont play it in my home.

I may end up saying that I despise the game system or company that made it, but I do not direct my disliking towards those that buy them. I think this website has a lot of un-needed hatred and attacks that should not be here. Oh well, nothing we can do about it but try to avoid it and be as nice as we can be.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Jez...

Respect for your dedication to Last Hope and sharing your thoughts here plus your time out on the toons mate.

My hope on this is a commitment to MVS is confirmed for 2007 and goddamn nailed on.

Fakk2

Stellaking said:
Jez...

Respect for your dedication to Last Hope and sharing your thoughts here plus your time out on the toons mate.

My hope on this is a commitment to MVS is confirmed for 2007 and goddamn nailed on.

Thank you. I also hope they make it on MVS as MVS users deserve it. I would even get one for my cab. :)

Fighter123

Banned
Damn it people if it wasn't for Fakk we wouldn't have those gameplay videos. I'm glad that Fakk purchase Last Hope, because if he didn't, I bet any other members of this message board who purchase the game wouldn't go thru the pain of ripping the videos and uploading them for all of us to see.

Thank you Fakk. :mr_t:

Now, who's going to buy the Neo-Geo CD port, I'm on board for that. :drool:

Last edited:

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Fighter17 said:
Now, who's going to buy the Neo-Geo CD port, I'm on board for that. :drool:
Every day that the CD port isn't out, I care less and less about buying it. If it had been released pretty close to the cart, I'd have bought it right off but I think they're about to miss that window of opportunity.

Apathy FTW.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Fakk2 said:
Coming from someone that doesnt even have an HDTV or 7.1 surround, STFU!
Coming from someone that uses BOSE speakers. Need I say more? Apparently in your little BOSE world high-fidelity audio reproduction only means 7.1. I like how you also try to play victim all the time. Nice.

The don 2 - So, I can't make any comments because I don't have a 7.1 rig? What the fuck? When did having high-fidelity automatically become synonymous with 7.1? BELIEVE ME, NONE of us are jealous of Fakk and his BOSE rig or his super-duper-1337 MONSTER cables.