'Last Hope' Central thread

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Neo Alec said:
dur i whant dem romzz... ave they been reelased. i wanna steal em an play on da emlatorsz

That's weird how you guys are changing to Time Warner over there. Here all of the state's Time Warner is changing to Comcast, so they're going to own like the whole state now.

Last Hope breaks the rules of the establishment. There are bullets coming from places you wouldn't expect them to, and the items and shots can be hard to distinguish from the background in the video. And I can't tell at all where to shoot the boss. I kind of already noticed that in the old videos, but yours are so nice, they basically confirm it. That's probably part of why it's so difficult. Still, amazing for homebrew.

Thanks. You obviously worked hard on these. You're almost inspiring me to make the Hyper Neo videos and reviews I'm supposed to do.

Glad you like the videos. When using component its ALOT easier to see where bullets are coming from, but, I do know what you mean. When enemies explode it makes things look like bullets are everywhere and shit explodes all the time in the game. Just to think I made these videos playing the game on Very Easy mode. :P
And I agree I dont know where to hit the end bosses most the time, or I didnt at first. (Especially on Stage 4) So I just did an all out assault on them. The first boss I just shoot in the face, the second boss I must shoot at his tongue, the third boss was his underbelly, the forth is??, and the fifth boss weak point was his pods behind the glass plates. Boss 6 weak spots are his mid section im guessing, but I cannot defeat him as of yet so I dont know.

I would love to see some videos and stuff about the Hyper 64 one day. I never did get to play it much and no arcades out here got them except for the one in the mall and theirs was a shooting H64 game called Beast Busters.

Oh BTW. You can now download Stage 5 and view it. Stage 6 should be ready by the end of the night on Mega Uploads unless I do somemore editing. I may not want to show the last boss to you guys as I dont wanna really ruin the surprise. I'll think it over. ;) Thanks for watching the videos. It was hard work making them, but, fun still knowing that some people here would be able to enjoy them till the game gets released on NeoCD and DC.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Do you have health in the game or something? In the stage 2 video it looks like you get hit with a bullet at 2:30, but you don't die? The videos are also a bit dark compared to your other videos. It sucks that the boss doesn't flash or anything when you damage him (That's just lame, IMO).

Fakk2

Gotenks326 said:
Do you have health in the game or something? In the stage 2 video it looks like you get hit with a bullet at 2:30, but you don't die? The videos are also a bit dark compared to your other videos. It sucks that the boss doesn't flash or anything when you damage him (That's just lame, IMO).

Actually I had the game on VERY EASY mode which allows you to get hit by 2 tiny bullets and still live but the 3rd one kills ya, and any BIG bullets are instant death.

I agree that the end bosses should flash when you hit thier weak spots or at least groan or something. :P

I got an email from the NeoDev Team today:

"Dear NEO GEO fans,

the Japanese AES version of Last Hope is available again for sale.

Shipping starts 1st November 2006. To save your copy we recommend to
prepurchase as the remaining stock is very limited. We grant 50 EUR
discount per cartridge for removing the cartridge sticker yourself AND
sending the cartshell opened in.

*Customers need to provide their own cartridge shell and snapcase.*

Pricing: 550 EUR

For more information read:
http://www.ngdevteam.com/buy.htm
http://www.ngdevteam.com/lasthope_faq.htm"

I guess that means the last batch is now ready to sell, so if anyone else is buying a Last Hope now is the time. Laters...

Oh and BTW, the reason my videos are a bit darker is within Pinnicle Movie Studio you can adjust the brightness, contrast, color etc.. while recording and I was trying to get the black levels as correct as possible on my HDTV, I do not use a PC monitor for my PC, so that could make a small difference. I figured you could just turn up the brightness or contrast etc... on your monitors.

Last edited:

Fakk2

Gotenks326 said:
Everything's on max :(

Yikes Im sorry to hear that. I forgot that I view the videos on my HDTV using HDMI so Im able to enable the HD scan mode which makes the picture brighter normally so for me the Brightness is set to 42 out of 63 and the Contrast is set to 52 out of 63 and it looks pretty much perfect. But in SD mode you are correct it is a tiny bit dark unless I turn the brightness to about 50 out of 63. Since I dont use a PC monitor results may vary. :P Sorry I did do my best. I didnt want to turn the brightness up to high as the picture would look kinda foggy.
As it is the Brightness was turned up about 5 notches Higher than normal on the Pinnicle device plus the Contrast was up about 8 notches higher than normal so by all means it should look pretty good overall as thats what I copy LDs and other stuff set at. The sharpness is set at Maximum (cause with MPEGs it gets blurred a bit) and the color setting was set to 3 notches higher than normal.
Try hooking it up to an HDTV using HDMI cables and set the TV to HD mode, it should help. If you dont have access to one try to find someone who does and it should look ALOT better and brighter.

mundocombo

New Challenger
yes i got this mail too:
But they assured me only 50 copyes of LH would be released... in my opinion it diminish the price value of this game.
I just mailed at them asking for explanations, since they send me a mail talking about the exclusivity of 50 copyes etc...
Bah!

mundocombo

New Challenger
by the way, i have RGB here in spain with a low serial AES (that's the best picture possible) and bullets still confusing with explosions... grave error amigo...

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
NGDevTeam sent that email today claiming the AES version is available again. Did it ever sell out of the initial run?

-B

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
RGB the shizz indeed, I got that email too but...

I'd wait for MVS.

(AES run is not completed Bill) There wont be many.

The Don

Banned
Fakk2 said:
Yikes Im sorry to hear that. I forgot that I view the videos on my HDTV using HDMI so Im able to enable the HD scan mode which makes the picture brighter normally so for me the Brightness is set to 42 out of 63 and the Contrast is set to 52 out of 63 and it looks pretty much perfect. But in SD mode you are correct it is a tiny bit dark unless I turn the brightness to about 50 out of 63. Since I dont use a PC monitor results may vary. :P Sorry I did do my best. I didnt want to turn the brightness up to high as the picture would look kinda foggy.
As it is the Brightness was turned up about 5 notches Higher than normal on the Pinnicle device plus the Contrast was up about 8 notches higher than normal so by all means it should look pretty good overall as thats what I copy LDs and other stuff set at. The sharpness is set at Maximum (cause with MPEGs it gets blurred a bit) and the color setting was set to 3 notches higher than normal.
Try hooking it up to an HDTV using HDMI cables and set the TV to HD mode, it should help. If you dont have access to one try to find someone who does and it should look ALOT better and brighter.
First off very good video's fakk2, the game looks hard as nails.
I also have my pc running through my lcd tv in hd and the contrast & brightness were spot on.

Radiac

Mr. Big's Thug
mundocombo said:
yes i got this mail too:
But they assured me only 50 copyes of LH would be released... in my opinion it diminish the price value of this game.
I just mailed at them asking for explanations, since they send me a mail talking about the exclusivity of 50 copyes etc...
Bah!

In my earlier e-mails with the dev team they informed me that they had only produced 40 of the 60 planned. This run is the last 20 carts. I'm not sure where you got the 50 from as I think the 60 number has been established for quite some time. I don't really think that 10 more copies is going to diminish the exclusivity. It's still a damn rare game man.

mundocombo

New Challenger
Radiac said:
In my earlier e-mails with the dev team they informed me that they had only produced 40 of the 60 planned. This run is the last 20 carts. I'm not sure where you got the 50 from as I think the 60 number has been established for quite some time. I don't really think that 10 more copies is going to diminish the exclusivity. It's still a damn rare game man.

Ok, then was my bad, i thought they would be doing 60 more or something.

What means RGB is the shizz? shizz=shit? RGB is GOD if you have an RGB tv. And the neo got if from factory.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
mundocombo said:
What means RGB is the shizz? shizz=shit? RGB is GOD if you have an RGB tv. And the neo got if from factory.
<tangent>
Heh. I don't know how familiar you are with english slang but putting "the" in front of "shit" makes it good.

"Shit" = bad
"The Shit / Shizz" = very good

Additionally, to further confuse the issue, appending an "s" to any instance of the word "shit" makes it bad, under any circumstances:

"Shits" = bad
"The Shits" = still bad

Go figure. :loco:

I'm so bored at work.
</tangent>

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
And to confuse matters even more...

The Moomins are comming !
moomins.jpg

Fakk2

Glad some of you enjoyed the videos, I was just emailed by Timm Hellwig and was told to please remove the Stage 4 and 5 videos and NOT to show you the last stage and end boss. So they will be removed now. Thanks for the understanding. I will leave up the videos for stages 1 2 and 3 though. They want people to enjoy the game on DC and NeoCD soon so I will do as they ask.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Could somebody re-upload Stages 4 and 5 if you got them? I didn't get a chance to download them from Fakk's links.

mundocombo

New Challenger
Murray said:
<tangent>
Heh. I don't know how familiar you are with english slang but putting "the" in front of "shit" makes it good.

"Shit" = bad
"The Shit / Shizz" = very good

Additionally, to further confuse the issue, appending an "s" to any instance of the word "shit" makes it bad, under any circumstances:

"Shits" = bad
"The Shits" = still bad

Go figure. :loco:

I'm so bored at work.
</tangent>

Lol thanks, you are shizz :) ,that was interesting and instructive at the same time XD