Koji Igarashi announces Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, launches Kickstarter page

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
My experience is similar to others. I am about 8 hours into in and over all I have really enjoyed it. I do get a little bummed when the frame rate drops in the more complex environments. I also had a bug that corrupted a save after using the Bunnymorphosis (sp?) shard that turns Miriam into the bunny suit lilith. After I switched back to normal form, my attack stat would not come back to normal and was stuck at 6. After this, Miriam's head would not show any more. I deleted that save and reverted to an older one with no other major bugs besides that one.

I have enjoyed the music and general presentation, I just hope a little graphic anomalies and minor bugs are fixed sooner than later.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The music in the Castle Entrance area is very similar to the music from the Haunted Manor in Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, in terms of melody, arrangement and choice of instruments. Which may make sense since both games have Michiru Yamane as composers. I just thought it was weird because I thought I recognized it as a familiar track, perhaps from Curse of the Moon, but then I realized the one I was thinking of is from Monster Boy, and isn't the same.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
My experience is similar to others. I am about 8 hours into in and over all I have really enjoyed it. I do get a little bummed when the frame rate drops in the more complex environments. I also had a bug that corrupted a save after using the Bunnymorphosis (sp?) shard that turns Miriam into the bunny suit lilith

Platform?

Also, anyone got it on Switch? How does it play on 30 fps?

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Sorry. I forgot to mention that I was playing on an Xbox One X. I can not speak to the bug being on other platforms. I would be curious to find that out though.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
The music in the Castle Entrance area is very similar to the music from the Haunted Manor in Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, in terms of melody, arrangement and choice of instruments. Which may make sense since both games have Michiru Yamane as composers. I just thought it was weird because I thought I recognized it as a familiar track, perhaps from Curse of the Moon, but then I realized the one I was thinking of is from Monster Boy, and isn't the same.

The music on the ship has some of the same chord progressions as the intro to Y’s Book 1 and 2 for the tg-16 also.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
The PC version needs a major overhaul to work without an analog stick and to actually have real gamepad support instead of just xinput garbage.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The PC version needs a major overhaul to work without an analog stick and to actually have real gamepad support instead of just xinput garbage.

Then fix it. You're the master programmer here, obviously only you can save us from the apocalypse of video games. Be our Jesus you fucking faget.

PS, still waiting for the 120hz 60fps metal Slug port you've been teasing. Bring it to us Richard Garriot.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer

Directional shards require the right analog stick, so it looks like this was a design choice.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I know it was a design choice. It was a stupid design choice.
How is it any different from using the stick in an FPS?

To be true, I've got about 20 minutes in the game, so I'm not claiming it's the second coming of SotN, but I mean... Bitching about the right stick?

Bruh.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

To be true, I've got about 20 minutes in the game, so I'm not claiming it's the second coming of SotN, but I mean... Bitching about the right stick?

Bruh.

Don't even feed his shit man, he's a fucking dickbag who thinks he's better than any programmer ever. He made a front end for mame that no one uses and thinks he's the second coming of Christ. He doesn't like the control scheme? Make his own fucking game. Fucking wanker is what he is.

bulbousbeard

Bruh.

I have a Genesis 6 button USB pad that I really like. The dpad on it blows away the garbage Xbox and PS4 ones.

There's no reason this game needed analog stick controls. Its analog aiming system is clunky and crappy anyway.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I have a Genesis 6 button USB pad that I really like. The dpad on it blows away the garbage Xbox and PS4 ones.

There's no reason this game needed analog stick controls. Its analog aiming system is clunky and crappy anyway.

No one cares what you think. Make a better game then if you have an issue with it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

So you're using an old piece of tech to control a modern game, and you're pissed that the designer didn't think of the dudes that use an old USB pad?

Well shit then, yeah I felt the same when I first got Street Figter II for my genny and refused to buy a 6 button controller.

Fucking Capcom. I wanted to play on my old pad and not upgrade. What a terrible game. Poor design.

bulbousbeard

So you're using an old piece of tech to control a modern game, and you're pissed that the designer didn't think of the dudes that use an old USB pad?

Well shit then, yeah I felt the same when I first got Street Figter II for my genny and refused to buy a 6 button controller.

Fucking Capcom. I wanted to play on my old pad and not upgrade. What a terrible game. Poor design.

Street Fighter 2 had a legitimate reason for using 6 buttons.

This game doesn't have a legitimate reason for requiring analog sticks. The aiming controls are clunky shit anyway.

There's nothing "modern" about this game, either. It's incredibly archaic in just about every quantifiable way.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
You need to aim your attacks. Analog is smoother than digital.

I'd say that's a 'legitimate' reason.

Yeah I'm done Bruh, you're bitching just to bitch. I guess let the others know when you improve the game. Can't wait to play it. Link your kickstarter and shit mane.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You need to aim your attacks. Analog is smoother than digital.

I'd say that's a 'legitimate' reason.

Yeah I'm done Bruh, you're bitching just to bitch. I guess let the others know when you improve the game. Can't wait to play it. Link your kickstarter and shit mane.

I love how he has me blocked cause he won't respond to me telling him to fuck off. :lolz: