KoF XIII Port this Winter

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
So far, this is sounding like everything I could hope to want out of it. Sounds like plenty of 1P content to idle away the hours when I'm not playing other people.

Good stuff so far, K'_127.

No offense intended, Saner. I'm very grateful you've been posting information about this game and that's been great, but you are already the choir for this game so I'm looking for info on the game from a less dubious source. Your hyperbole laden proclamation that it's the best thing since the Galapagos Islands were discovered give me pause.

I'm glad you're digging it, though.

Looking forward to Tuesday:)

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
This close to street, it won't delay.

Also, some stores have already broken street date.

I'd be very surprised if it gets pushed back.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I'm sure you are right on the money.

It's just been a rough month of child rearin' & I'm counting on getting this before Thanksgiving for some much needed decompression.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Galapagos Islands are hugely overrated.

Also, as good as this game may be, there are a few roster omissions that keep it from being THE BEST 2D FIGHTING GAME of universe is called KOF XIII !!!11 lolomfgbbq whatever. At least for me. I'm hoping and expecting to love this game. But my favorite KOFs are always going to be the ones with the characters I get the most enjoyment out of playing. There's no way around that. That said, this roster is pretty close. Even adding just Vanessa might have made it enough for me.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Man I'm just happy Billy Kane comes with this along with the back alley stage, pao pao cafe, the desert, etc.

Mostly Billy Kane and the alley stage, though. Thank god that shit wasn't DLC.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Just took the plunge and pre-ordered with same day delivery (.99), still cheaper than paying tax and gas to go get it local. It just better show up Tuesday.

360 version.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
KYOKUGENRYU IS GONNA ROX YOUR SOX. I can't wait start dealing out the justice with Ryo and Takuma (and Andy)

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Who wants to get their shit pushed in on the 360 version? Billy will shove that pole straight up your ass, bitch. What now?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I know I'm ready to kick some tits and billy's tits will do.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Billy Kane in his all white costume alt looks gangsta as FUCK. I'll probably team him up with Tak and Joe.

My Hwa Jai team will probably take Andy and Kim/Robert. Not too sure...I need to look at the costume color options first.

Gotta stay fly above all else; fuck how well I can use them or how well their styles compliment one another.

Hey Check this out,

@1:10:42 Hwa Jai ethers 2 characters with full health, leaves the commentators in awe of his fucking disgusting rushdown.

@1:19:00 Can confirm with cautious optimism that Billy Kane is a total bamf and is poised to tear everyone a new asshole with his corner combos.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I can't decide who I want to be my third. I'm definitely set on using Billy and Hwa. I've been a Kim playing since 1992, but I'm kind of looking for something different now. Maybe Kyo or Terry.

I really wish Duck King was in this.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Billy looks like he has some solid mixups in the corner. That really looked like some third strike shit going on there.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
HEY HEY HEY

heyheyhey.png

saner

Krauser's Henchman
That said, this roster is pretty close. Even adding just Vanessa might have made it enough for me.

There's always someone that would make KOFXIII better. Momoko would definitely made it soooo awesome! or at least Botan doubling as a hidden boss and playable (and fresh brand new character in fighting history instead of just remaining a cutscene villain.) It would take a whole dreammatch to bring back more favorites. I think the KOFXIII DLC should have focused on adding more Those from the Distant Land members playable instead of headswapped modified movesets of existing playables.

But I dunno what their plans are for more DLC beyond NESTS/EX/whatever Kyo, which will probably come with the KOF96 Esaka remake stage.

No one has unlocked everything in story mode so far. It's crazy that it seems Saiki and Dark Ash are still the only bosses in story mode when Those from the Distant Land has so many great and fresh new potential fighters yet to be added to gameplay.

The only actual 'new' character and villain in KOFXIII has for gameplay is human Saiki.... pretty anticlimactic compared to KOF97 and KOF2001 newcomers.

Well maybe the rest of Those from the Distant Land will be added through DLC. Would gladly buy all of them. Thought if that isn't their plan, this is one time I wouldn't mind a 'Super' KOFXIII with more story villain characters that should have been in the selection, including Botan, Shroom and Rimelo.

Hmm I wonder if Story mode at least reveals all of the members' names and give each one a line or two. :)

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
There's always someone that would make KOFXIII better. Momoko would definitely made it soooo awesome!

Nope. Not only she's lame as hell per se, but totally unfitting with the general feeling of the game and its roster (back to the roots).

or at least Botan doubling as a hidden boss and playable (and fresh brand new character in fighting history instead of just remaining a cutscene villain.)

Well, she would have been a nice mid-boss, but you don't waste hard work for an original mid-boss when you're building a 100% original game.

I think the KOFXIII DLC should have focused on adding more Those from the Distant Land members playable instead of headswapped modified movesets of existing playables.

You're nuts. Can't you realize that 'extras' are supposed to be low-profile jobs to begin with?

No one has unlocked everything in story mode so far. It's crazy that it seems Saiki and Dark Ash are still the only bosses in story mode when Those from the Distant Land has so many great and fresh new potential fighters yet to be added to gameplay.

It's not crazy. Just logical.

The only actual 'new' character and villain in KOFXIII has for gameplay is human Saiki.... pretty anticlimactic compared to KOF97 and KOF2001 newcomers.

Again, you're nuts.

How can you compare 'update games' (any KOF since '96) to a brand new one, hi-res, and all?

When you have to rebuilt from scratch a franchise and a 15yo series you start from the classics, not out of some fanciful new face.

Well maybe the rest of Those from the Distant Land will be added through DLC.

Forget it.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Nope. Not only she's lame as hell per se, but totally unfitting with the general feeling of the game and its roster (back to the roots).

Well, she would have been a nice mid-boss, but you don't waste hard work for an original mid-boss when you're building a 100% original game.

You're nuts. Can't you realize that 'extras' are supposed to be low-profile jobs to begin with?

It's not crazy. Just logical.

Again, you're nuts.

How can you compare 'update games' (any KOF since '96) to a brand new one, hi-res, and all?

When you have to rebuilt from scratch a franchise and a 15yo series you start from the classics, not out of some fanciful new face.

Forget it.

+onehundredmillion

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Yeah, hi-5s to Shito on this one.

I don't want to sound mean, especially to a guy(?) who was probably bullied and belittled his whole life but....

Momoko, Shroom, Rimelo and Botan, etc. are....I don't want to say terrible....but...fuck it: I think they are terrible.
The designs are hard to relate to, their sprites would be small and unimpressive, and they would be voiced by amazingly annoying japanese women with grating voices.

And lets look at where fighting games came from....more importantly where SNK and Capcom games came from:

American Karate movies, and Shanghai Kung fu theatre....

That, and a lot of it came from Double Dragon as well, which came from Hokuto no Ken before it.

So in case you haven't been following so far,
what I and many others are trying to tell you is that the company is trying to go back to its ROOTS with ubiquitous and easily identifiable character archetypes...just like those old martial arts films from the late 70s to the early 90s.

It's supposed to be a showdown of BADASSES, not a bunch of little girls throwing energy beams at each other.
YOU Saner, for all your zeal and fangirlism, are encouraging and endorsing even further erosion of what made OG SNK great in the first place...right when they are ON THE CUSP of finally "getting it" and doing away with all that candy assed weeaboo garbage.

And for what? Romantic feelings for Momoko? A cold lifeless character that was conceived by some random japanese guy out there in Tokyo?

Christ, let it go man.
There are better ways to enjoy the fairer sex than wearing their clothes or playing as them in video games.

No more witch touching, no more sissies, no more girl friend pillows, no more school girl panty vending machines. That shit isn't cool anymore.
SNKP is finally moving on, man. It's time you should too.

Take a walk or something, and think hard about what I just told you.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
In fact, the only good of the half-assed demo KOFXII was, is it put up and straight the style of the then-upcoming hi-res new installment of the franchise: going back to classic in term of characters, going back to basic is term of look&feel (clashing fists combat, they touted) , and being radical in term of design.

Yes, KOFXII was half a game, more like a premise than a finished product, but given the simple fact that the JPN fandom was already shifting toward the horrible girlish design world of the moe-blob, that one was reassuring.

It's great they finally made it creating such a great product, so keen to its root, in such a hard moment for bitmap craftmanship.

KOFXIII drools with art, that's the point. Good art.

Last edited:

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
ummmmm not to jump in and derail an awesome debate or whatever but

I've got console KoFXIII. about to try it out now.

O.