KoF XIII Port this Winter

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
it's くさなぎ, so 'kusanagi' with 'gi' sounding like in 'gear', not like in 'jeez', btw.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Its an inside joke between a few of us. We know how to pronounce it. That's the 5th time I've been told the same thing :/

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
And in the tournament videos on the previous page, I have to listen to someone -- in the year freaking 2011 -- who still can't pronounce Kyo. It's one fucking syllable. Not "Key-Yo." That's as bad as "Rye-You."

You just have to ignore it.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Just a quick question, how many backdrops in this game are from the previous instalment ?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
1) China is back with little changes

2) Egypt is also back. Looks dull / gloomy in the first 2 rounds, but becomes awesome when the flames are lit in the back.

3) French stage is completely redesigned. It shares very little with its KOF12's counterpart. I liked it in 12 better.

There has also been a strong demand for the Russian stage, so I expect it to appear eventually as a DLC. Nothing has been said on this regard yet.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm disappointed the KOF '95 stage and music is DLC and you have to buy the flame Iori to get them. I love the stage, but I don't care about the character, and my ps3 isn't (and isn't going to be) hooked up to the internet.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Some people already got the console version, as some stores started to sell it before release.

Atlus released a new trailer, and EX Iori is officially announced to be available on December 7th for $5:

Marek

Banned
This game looks pretty great, but I think the little explosion dealies when you land a hit (most chars have these it seems) look straight up retarded.

Little neon firework explosions that look cheesy as shit.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Some stores have broken street dates? Shoot, maybe I should go check to see if my pre-order has come in.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
This game looks pretty great, but I think the little explosion dealies when you land a hit (most chars have these it seems) look straight up retarded.

Little neon firework explosions that look cheesy as shit.
Who knows whether that might have bothered me if this game had been released before MvC3 and its ridiculous constant nearly full-screen opaque hit sparks. But, as part of the post-MvC3 world we live in, I have no problems with the visuals in XIII whatsoever.

Unless you are talking about HD mode, which is this game's version of 2002's MAX mode. I'm not a big fan of "modes," but this one is far from the worst the KOF series has seen (which would be Armor mode).

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Just grabbed myself a copy of the game. Gonna spend some time on it and post some impressions. If anyone has any particular questions, let me know.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
The big question is, of course, which is better in term of loading times and netcode: PS3 or 360? :)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I currently have the PS3 version only. With the game installed, the loading is slightly faster than the arcade version.

I have a shitty internet connection (thanks to our infamous ISP in my country). I can't comment on the netcode.

Story Mode was rather very short. It left me wishing there was more, but different scenarios lead to different cutscenes, so you may want to play it few times to view all of them.

I can confirm there are no additional characters or mid-bosses in the game.

In Story mode, you can't edit teams. Also, instead of having pre-fight convo between single characters before each round (like in Arcade mode), the entire crew of both teams are involved in a group convo before the match.

In Story mode, you only get to fight 2 teams, and the final 2 bosses. That's it.

*** Edit: I've tried different scenarios with different teams, and one time I got a 1 vs 1 match, fought 3 teams, and the final 2 bosses.

The story is detailed and well-presented. For the first time, I started to like Ash lol.

Billy is drawn very well. His animations are smooth. He appears as a mid boss in Arcade mode (with a "Here comes a new challenger" message) and he becomes playable after you defeat him.

The Trials are so fucking tough.

There are so many things to unlock in gallery mode. Some of the arts are entirely new.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Shit, I'm gonna get a new tv set and a PS3 for this one.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
some online impressions so far:

Kyo from dream cancel :

Quote:
(My copy is here)
Ok guys thats it:
Its very simple, THE BEST 2D FIGHTING GAME of universe is called KOF XIII ! simple like that!
OMFG, is so wonderful, so magic, so... no, its too much! haha!! lol

And I have done one match vs an UK player (I'm in France), well what can I say is:
NO WORRIES, ONLINE ITS OOOOOKKKKKKK!!!!! (similar to SF4, but keep in mind I've only done 1 match (nobody ATM online))!

And color edit, and arcade mode, and... fuuuuuu too many modes... lol

BEST KOF EVER!

c u soon guys!
MrBeggar from NEoGaf

Quote:
Played 3-4 hrs last nite with a friend who usually has a #### internet connection.
No drops, no lag.. all in all was pretty good until he got dropped and then
I was unable to create another room after that for some unknown reason so we called it a nite.
Its so worth the 50 bucks. Just wished the CD package was abit better lol.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Alright spent more time on Story mode. I take back what I said earlier. It seems that the team you pick also affects the events you see in your play through, so you may want to try every scenario + team mix up, which leads to many possibilities.

I've already tried all possible scenarios, but the story menu still shows some locked scenes. So I will need to explore things with different teams.

I'm satisfied with this mode now. The only thing I wish was there is the team stories that are in the official website.

The AI iss such a huge improvement over KOF12's btw lol.

@ Shito: I can't confirm about the loading time being shorter in this version now. I gotta do an exact measurement first.

Last edited: