2k1 = powerwave -> powergeyser

XI = powerwave -> powergeyser -> powerstream

Thats all
umm i remember
2001>Yuri dp+C cancel into qcfx2+b or d cancel into A.A.+f B.D

so its a dream cancel right?

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
No, don't know why DreamCancel is confusing you people.

This is DC for example with Ryo: down B -> stand or down C -> qcf, hcb+A DM -> qcf, qcf+AC LDM.

K': down B -> down B -> qcf, qcf+B DM -> qcf, hcb+AC LDM.

Dream Canceling is not cancelling into a LDM or Super DM from a special move which you could do since KOF 2000.

Dream Canceling is canceling into a LDM or Super DM from a regular DM.

If you are still confused, just hold your questions until the Loke Tests.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I'm getting more and more excited about this and NGBC

newhere

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Violent Ryo said:
No, don't know why DreamCancel is confusing you people.

This is DC for example with Ryo: down B -> stand or down C -> qcf, hcb+A DM -> qcf, qcf+AC LDM.

K': down B -> down B -> qcf, qcf+B DM -> qcf, hcb+AC LDM.

Dream Canceling is not cancelling into a LDM or Super DM from a special move which you could do since KOF 2000.

Dream Canceling is canceling into a LDM or Super DM from a regular DM.

If you are still confused, just hold your questions until the Loke Tests.

no im not confused Read my post again and you can realize that Yuri in 2001 cancel DM (Qcf x2+B or D is a DM as far as I know) into a LDM (Akuma super).

And you can also perform super cancel in 99 before 2000.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Well, regardless of if Yuri could do that in 2k1, this is the first time, the whole cast in a KOF can do something like this. And I can't wait, there will be a lot of new things to learn, (as it is with every new KOF).

I'm already a SC freak, so DC is like the new killer ap.

And yes, I somehow didnt remember that in 99, the activition modes where SC originated.

I wasn't singling you out.

Edit: The 'or' in your Yuri strat threw me off.

Last edited:

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
How can anyone possibly welcome DC? The damage is already high as hell with combos.

I just hope it isn't another 2003 (i.e. disappointment in competitive play).

newhere

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Diavle18 said:
How can anyone possibly welcome DC? The damage is already high as hell with combos.

I just hope it isn't another 2003 (i.e. disappointment in competitive play).

What is all this worries about. Correct me If I'm wrong but I know that DC is performing by spending extra 2 super bars (it might be 1 extra super bar), and also 1 or 2 skill bars. So I doubt that kofXı will be a DC fest in this conditions. Am I
wrong?

Note:Its ok violent ryo. My grammar is heavily broken right now.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I'm pretty confident this will not be another KOF 2003, where I thought damage was high and the apparent balance discrepencies.

I'm sure Playmore knows of this and other complaints regarding 2k3, as they fixed Duo Lon in the PS2 version and I hear he is toned down in KOF 11 along with other questionable things.

And of course, they will try to balance out DC cuz if not, the game will be unplayable. And yes you have to have mad bars to perform DC which is one part of the balancing.

I have hope, thats why I'm excited. I don't know why when it comes to a new KOF I'm optimistic, but everything else I'm pretty cynical. Perhaps I love KOF too much.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Don't know if anyone's posted these yet:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0507/game050712a.shtml

At first the changes barely look noticeable, but looking closer I'm seeing a higher level of detail, while retaining that KOF look (something that I think was lot with 94 ReBout). I bet it's going to look fanfuckintastic in motion.