KOF Another Day Releasing times

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
KOF is turning gay because of MI. MI sucks, the gameplay is messy, the designs suck, soiree sucks, alba sucks, the whole fucking idea behind it sucks, and most of all, its absolutely a fucking pointless thing to have them at all because there is a ton of shit to build a anime with in the KOF 97> sense.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
over all I liked this. Nothing amazing, but animated KOF is a treat. Only question is why Ash is after these treasures and how he stole Iori's flame. I liked seeing Ash's female teamate from XI in the end of episode 4 as well, and the fact that there are still clone Kyos makes me :kekeke: . I wish these were actual full length episodes, but I'll subside with this as well

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
KOF is turning gay because of MI. MI sucks, the gameplay is messy, the designs suck, soiree sucks, alba sucks, the whole fucking idea behind it sucks, and most of all, its absolutely a fucking pointless thing to have them at all because there is a ton of shit to build a anime with in the KOF 97> sense.

my sentiments exactly.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:

I disagree with you about MI's gameplay, but that's another story.

guess not many ppl would care for an anime in >97 KoF style (aka NESTS)... sadly, even SNK fans prefer those deformed androgyne freaks (a la Ash) over the stylish old-style KoF charas by Shinkiro when it comes to storytelling/movies/anime.

NESTS is so uninspiring... ...almost daily-soap-like... the Orochi stuff was much better IMO.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Takumaji said:
NESTS is so uninspiring... ...almost daily-soap-like... the Orochi stuff was much better IMO.
Weird. I saw it the opposite. I thought NESTS was bizarre and Orochi was bland.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Same here I thought the NEST Chronicles were far better storywise. The Orochi Saga was all Corny & Shit u know...

Then again im in the minority that thinks so.

I liked the NEST Chronicles, it went underground, and it had all this atmosphere to the game and the story played along with it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
SouthtownKid said:
Weird. I saw it the opposite. I thought NESTS was bizarre and Orochi was bland.

Yeah, NESTS was bizarre, back then I rated it as the cheap way out for SNK. It's not that I'd think NESTS would be crap per se, I just didn't like the way SNK(P) continued the story in 2k and specially 2k1, that was way too flashy for my taste.

I prefer the Orochi saga over NESTS simply because it doesn't get in my way... Orochi brought us Kyo's arch-enemy Iori, and Yash, Shermi, Chris... charas that are way better than most chara additions based on NESTS. IMO, this is because the Orochi saga is not as twisted and illogical as NESTS.... I mean, SNK's answer to many NESTS story problems were ...Kyo clones?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
My problem with the Orochi storyline is that it was nothing innovative, new or interesting. It was just another offshoot of the most fucking cliched storyline in the history of anime/manga.

Two families worked together to defeat an ancient evil 1800 years ago. They were once friends. But one clan got poisoned and now hates the other. Their descendants are pseudo-reincarnations reborn to fight the same evil, which is the only power that can seal off the dreaded world killing foe. The two should be friends, like their ancestors were, but one's hatred for the other may prevent them from saving the day. They must become the sacred treasures once again to save the world.

Yawn. Saw it a million fucking times before, and much better done and with better characters than two steps removed from yaoi posterboys Kyo and Iori.

Nests may have borrowed elements from Akira, from K9999 being a Tetsuo clone (right down to even having the same voice actor!) to genetic experimentaiton using a powerful being as the source material to K' being a surrogate for the Kaneda role (bad boy biker dude) to face K9999 and his big fleshy arm, but the Nests storyline also had the introduction of Kula and some really crazy trickery going on with Zero and blowing up parts of Southtown and so forth.

With Orochi, I knew how the whole thing was going to end the second Chizuru showed up in '96. With Nests, the only thing I knew was that somehow, the good guys might win but I didn't know how it would come to that. That's why I put Nests above Orochi. Plus, K' is a much more interesting character than Kyo and Iori combined.

Oh, my review of KOF: Another Day chapter 3.

Way too short. Putting five characters on a subway car to have a brawl was a bad idea. They need a bigger environment for Team Heidern and K'/Maxima to really mix it up. I felt the animation was constricted by the environs they forced the characters into. Also, the Nests subplot revolving around Dr. Makishima is a little convoluted already, and unlike the superb Rock Howard storyline that is so very deep and yet can be effectively teased in the span of 7 minutes since it really revolves around 3 characters and their relationship with one another, the Nests storyline is a bit more complex since there's more going on there than a character's internal struggle for identity. The set up for the fight could have been handled a LOT better, IMO.

But why is this a problem? Because KOF: Another Day is an attempt to pimp MI 2 to new audiences. With the Nests storyline requirig more than 3 minutes to explain, they will lose more people than they will find if they hope to use this as a selling tool. Don't get me wrong, it's great that they aren't reinventing the characters all over for this series and I love them using the storylines that forged their personas, but this chapter proves that based on how they are going about this, they aren't really going to sell this to very many new people. But it also hasn't been very rewarding to us long time fans of SNK-Playmore (again, except for the Rock chapter). So this mini-anime is in some kind of limbo/purgatory zone in terms of who it's supposed to be for, in the end.

Haven't seen the fourth part yet, but I'm told it's out there. Like I said, I am an SNK fan, so I will stick with it and continue to support the company no matter what. But right now, the anime is turning out to be a colossal letdown.

Except for the Rock Howard chapter:D

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Taiso said:
My problem with the Orochi storyline is that it was nothing innovative, new or interesting. It was just another offshoot of the most fucking cliched storyline in the history of anime/manga.

Two families worked together to defeat an ancient evil 1800 years ago. They were once friends. But one clan got poisoned and now hates the other. Their descendants are pseudo-reincarnations reborn to fight the same evil, which is the only power that can seal off the dreaded world killing foe. The two should be friends, like their ancestors were, but one's hatred for the other may prevent them from saving the day. They must become the sacred treasures once again to save the world.

Yawn. Saw it a million fucking times before, and much better done and with better characters than two steps removed from yaoi posterboys Kyo and Iori.

Well, at least SNK had a real folk legend to base their Orochi story on, and even tho the whole storyline wasn't all that deep or innovative, it made sense and created awesome characters, not only in gameplay terms but also personality-wise.

Orochi was epic, at least for me, while NESTS felt like a twisted gangster story with some supernatural powers thrown in for good measure.

I agree with you about K', he's a nice chara (I'm talking gameplay here again), character-wise I didn't like him very much when he appeared, I rated him as yet another angry metrosexual youngster... that "anti-K'" stuff was crap as well IMO, but again, Kula was another nice addition.

Ah well, that's a thing of the past, let's see what weird stories SNKP comes up with next time... :)