Armored Scrum Object
Respectable enough.

Iori totally raped that guy though.

"Hey why did you push that ki... BAM!"

"RAARARAOHGOOOGHA DINNER" :chimp:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
hahaha okay, whatever. I just say if you run away from the fight, you lost.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
SouthtownKid said:
hahaha okay, whatever. I just say if you run away from the fight, you lost.

Soiree got his ass kicked. Hard.

Not to say that Soiree wasn't good. Iori was a fucking MONSTER. Daamn!

I was sad where mai pulled her fan from. Her costume overall is going to encourage whores to keep cosplaying as her.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
download the subtitles now:

http://www.cyberfanatix.com/

- save the [.txt] file in the same folder as the anime
- both files must have the same name

example:

KOF-AD.asf
KOF-AD.txt

- open the anime using "media player classic"
- click "file" --> "load subtitle"
- choose the txt file

other media players will do, but Media Classic worked perfectly with me.

enjoy.

(there are also pics of NGBC for PS2 with new backgrounds)

H

hermegildo

The torrent a few posts back has subtitles as well.

It's formatted in 16:9 too, or close to it at least.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Well, I finally watched this with imbedded subs.

I have to say that it's not quite as sucky as I thought it was going to be. It was too short for it to even have enough time to build to 'sucky levels'. In nine minutes, it was only able to reach the 'dull' mark on the 'suck-o-meter'.

In other words, very disappointing.

Gripes:

Does ANYONE care about Alba and Soiree Meira besides SNK-Playmore? I continue to hold out hope that Terry and Andy Bogard will show up, kick the crap out of these two and reclaim the story that was stolen from them. Then again, I shouldn't expect anything from SNK-Playmore anyway. Fatal Fury was strip mined of its characters, its tournament (King of Fighters) and its city (Southtown) by the two KOF franchises. Why should I foster the notion that SNK-Playmore will pull its collective head out of its ass and pay proper tribute to Terry and co. at this stage? Know your roots, bitches.

Mai and Athena making 'fan service' appearances just shows you how bad anime has gotten. Even with less than nine minutes to execute the chapter, they waste precious time putting in appearances by pointless characters that have no true bearing on the events just so they can placate some undersexed fans. Somewhere, someone at Production IG must have vomited when they were told that they had to hold to the requisite staple of putting in the 'mature sexy woman' and the 'retartedly cute, innocent Asian girl' dichotomy that appears in most anime. Stop catering to a fucking demographic and TELL A GOOD GODDAMN STORY. ESPECIALLY if you only have 9 minutes to do it.

Iori without flames=meh. I'm not a big Iori (or Kyo) fan anyway, but if you're going to put the character in there, don't castrate him. Let him go with full force.

Alba and Soiree. Sorry, but I had to say it again. We've waited HOW LONG for a KOF anime, and it centers on the two main characters we care the least about? This would be like the third Matrix movie being about characters other than Neo.

Oh, wait. It was.

9 minutes long-I have an emoticon for when companies pulled arrogant shit like this: t(-_-t)

Kudos:

Using the game's voice actors. This is a good step, one that fans of the series will appreciate. Now, if we could only get them to use more of the characters we actually care about, and to use them to better effect, I'd be happy.

The fight between Iori and Soiree. This was well animated/choreographed, and was entertaining to watch despite the fact that Iori didn't throw a single purple flame. This is obviously the bread and butter of the series, so at least they did the most important part well.

Overall grade 1.5 out of 4-the problem here is that they haven't given me any reason to keep watching. It's almost like they're telling me 'You're a fan of KOF, so keep watching just because of that' as though it excuses an underachieving effort. They're expecting my enthusiasm to cover the expansive gap between my demand and their supply. Unfortunately, they're also right. As a KOF fan, I will definitely watch the other three episodes because I want to see if this goes anywhere. I suppose there could always be a payoff before it's all said and done. Guess I'll just have to stay tuned for the next episode! Will it get better? Hmmm....

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Taiso said:
Gripes:

Does ANYONE care about Alba and Soiree Meira besides SNK-Playmore?
HELLO! This is not a continuing series; it is a 4-part commercial for the upcoming Maximum Impact 2. Hoping for them not to focus on Maximum Impact characters is like hoping not to see Mickey Mouse at Disneyland. This anime wasn't created to tell a story, expand your consciousness, or to somehow enrich your life. It was created to sell a product. As such, I think it works pretty well.

Like many (most? all?) here, I don't much care for the MI characters. I don't think they care about that. They'll just try to make them as appealing as is possible in the hopes of selling more games, probably worrying about targeting new audiences, rather than pleasing the existing 2D fighting fanbase, which has been shrinking for nearly a decade anyway.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
>>HELLO! This is not a continuing series; it is a 4-part commercial for the upcoming Maximum Impact 2. Hoping for them not to focus on Maximum Impact characters is like hoping not to see Mickey Mouse at Disneyland. This anime wasn't created to tell a story, expand your consciousness, or to somehow enrich your life. It was created to sell a product. As such, I think it works pretty well.<<

Well, I don’t think it sells the product it all. No one is going to buy MI:2 because of this unless they withhold the rest of the chapters and tell us ‘if you want to see the rest, it will be an unlockable extra in the game’. And even then, people will just haXXor it and make it available for download or something. This is just telling KOF fans ‘hey, look over here. It’s a KOF anime. Watch it because it’s KOF.’ When the message SHOULD have been ‘Watch it because it’s a GOOD KOF anime.’ It doesn’t have to be Evangelion or Akira, but considering the event that it is to us KOF fans, it should have been more worth the wait than it was.

>>Like many (most? all?) here, I don't much care for the MI characters. I don't think they care about that. They'll just try to make them as appealing as is possible in the hopes of selling more games, probably worrying about targeting new audiences, rather than pleasing the existing 2D fighting fanbase, which has been shrinking for nearly a decade anyway.<<

Making the MI characters appealing is a lost venture. Nobody cares about them, and this anime isn’t going to change that. I know they’ve created this new cast of characters because they want to give the franchise a facelift but it’s not necessary despite what anyone thinks. SNK did not go bankrupt because KOF needed new characters. It went bankrupt because it didn’t know how to utilize the old characters it already had. Now, with new life, what do they do? Minimalize everything that brought them back from beyond the grave in the first place. All that money spent getting the intellectual properties back and what good is it if they’re just going to make a new batch of characters? And make them the focal point, no less! That would be like signing Peyton Manning, while he still has PLENTY of game left in him, as your quarterback and then benching him so you could start some rookie no one's ever heard of or cares about. At least Leona was a side character, albeit with an important role in things. Alba and Soiree are the main characters, given all the responsibility without deserving any of it (which is something I can’t say the same about Alex, K’, Rock or other characters that have supplanted the original ‘main guys’ of any fighting game franchise) and they simply don’t work. Despite my lack of interest in Kyo and Iori, I can at least admit that they have appeal. Alba and Soiree...not so much.

YO-YO-Boy said:
iori sure was in a hurry to get his ass kicked again by ash! :kekeke:
I don't think so. I think that this anime is setted before Maximum Impact 2, and in Maximum Impact 2 Iori will have his purple flames :buttrock:

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Iori Yashakani said:
I don't think so. I think that this anime is setted before Maximum Impact 2, and in Maximum Impact 2 Iori will have his purple flames :buttrock:
Notice, though, that when we first see Iori looking toward the construction crane in the distance, we can see a green glow there -- similar in color to Ash's green flames. The next time Iori looks, the glow is gone -- so it appears he gets pissed because someone's interference may have cost him his quarry.

--Chris

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
at the end it says "iori lost his powers of the Yatta Mirror" hence no fire. I really liked ep 1. Too short, but damn such a good fight scene. I really wish this was going to be a full season anime, but we as NG fans should apreciate what we're getting

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
k'_127 said:
download the subtitles now:

http://www.cyberfanatix.com/

- save the [.txt] file in the same folder as the anime
- both files must have the same name

example:

KOF-AD.asf
KOF-AD.txt

- open the anime using "media player classic"
- click "file" --> "load subtitle"
- choose the txt file

other media players will do, but Media Classic worked perfectly with me.

enjoy.

(there are also pics of NGBC for PS2 with new backgrounds)
im using the newest WMP. how do i get the subs to work this that?

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
I found the fact that Iori never had any flames to be pretty funny. Just goes to show that he could kick the lame MI characters' asses without even tapping into his true power.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
GENOCIDE CUTTER '94 said:
Holy f**k, there a KOF anime? I have been out of the loop, When the hell did this happen?
Been a topic of discussion over the last few months. It's a series of 4 short (approx 7 mins each) anime films, being used to promote KOF Maximum Impact 2.

--Chris

manly_pirate

Kuroko's Training Dummy
us_snk_fan said:
How long till SNK get's em hear to us in the U.S. ? 4, 5, years after they come out in japan? :conf:

They will probably be included in the next Maximum Impact games, if not then I doubt these will ever be oficially translated.

Kap

New Challenger
Episode 2 can now be streamed at the Showtime site. This one focuses on Terry, Rock, Lien and Billy.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
HERE is a place you can just download it from, so you don't have to mess with that streaming shit. I figured someone else would have posted this by now, but I guess not. Great episode, imo. Shorter (yes, shorter), but better than the first. Terry, Rock, Billy, and Lien (who gets beat the fuck up)...and it takes place on Geese Tower. Good stuff. The link comes from Tizoc at s-c, who got it from Alba Meira on the SNK USA forums.

Kap

New Challenger
I was eventually going to post it, but this place is a ghost town. ._.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
HERE is a place you can just download it from, so you don't have to mess with that streaming shit. I figured someone else would have posted this by now, but I guess not. Great episode, imo. Shorter (yes, shorter), but better than the first. Terry, Rock, Billy, and Lien (who gets beat the fuck up)...and it takes place on Geese Tower. Good stuff. The link comes from Tizoc at s-c, who got it from Alba Meira on the SNK USA forums.

Your link asks for a user name and password for access....

Like being invited to a free barbeque and being asked for your ticket when you arrive.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
Your link asks for a user name and password for access....

Like being invited to a free barbeque and being asked for your ticket when you arrive.
no idea what you're talking about. I walked right in, and they handed me a plate. Maybe try it from Tizoc's link at s-c? No idea how it would be different, but I had no problem with it.