Kizuna Encounter EURO Sold. $12500.

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Hey guys.

Well, I just sold Kizuna Encounter EURO for.....$12,500US

Buyer just paid through PAYPAL.:buttrock:

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
I can send the 2 paypal receipts to Shawn as PROOF that it sold for $12,500US.

He sent one payment of: $10,000US
and another of: $2,500US

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
lithy said:
I'm just asking why FTL said 11,750 initially.

Simone (FTL) said $11,250US originally as if you read my auction it reads that I would have ended it for $11,250US to whomever wanted it. However I had 2 people today offer me that amount and more - the guy who bought it had the highest bid.

Anyway more info on the sale can be found here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87140

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
as long as its not some 'business-minded' individual looking to 're-release' this title then more power to you. That is alot of money and I honestly thought you would not get anywhere near that. I can't believe how collectible this game is to some people... its absolutely incredible. You probably made ebay history with this sale.

man, thats about 35,000 argentine pesos. Someone could live off that for a couple of years. Shame the australian dollar is so strong, but can you really complain? congratulations man.

-------------------------------
By the way - I give it less than a year before the next one pops up. maybe even a couple of months. Believe it or not, not everyone knows the worth of these things. You go tell your average joe someone just bought a video game for 12K+

Last edited:

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Cleaned all the spam.
Please keep the thread clean.

This news is stiky since it is interesting for serious collectors.

Good point you made DR:let's hope the new owner be a real collector and not a business minded person.

Anyway,congrats to the new buyer.
Me,Shawn and other neo geo collectors well know the rarity of this title.
I actually liked the way daine handled the sale...he gave right chance to all to get the game.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
$12,500!?! :eek:

I'll stick to my MVS version, thanks ;)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Why does FTL only Mod when the thread is about rare US home carts? And when he does he whines about spam (which is usually not really spam), cursing (which is no where in the rules if I remember correctly), stickies just about every damn post he makes, and edit & deletes posts like crazy?

PS FTL originally said 11,250 and still hasn't said on his own why he put that number up there.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
lithy said:
Why does FTL only Mod when the thread is about rare US home carts? And when he does he whines about spam (which is usually not really spam), cursing (which is no where in the rules if I remember correctly), stickies just about every damn post he makes, and edit & deletes posts like crazy?

PS FTL originally said 11,250 and still hasn't said on his own why he put that number up there.

He's an English home cart collector, duh lithy. Didn't you know that makes him a Neo collecting deity?

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
lithy said:

Spam is:
every "idiotic"rant and offense or post which has nothing to do with a constructive discussion.
There is the war rom for that.
This is news and rumors.

Correct amount paid was provided by the seller.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Thread recleansed for your viewing pleasure I'm off to the war room.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
This is rather odd IMHO. This Euro Kizuna Encounter was not in as good as shape as the last one yet this copy sold for over $1,000 more. I bet that if someone had a mint copy they could get $15,000 for it. I bet that Shawn could get $15,000 for his copy. Is there any chance that this game will stop rising in price? I don't think that this game is as rare as some people say it is. I bet a lot of collectors have it but choose not to sell it because of the rarity of it.

This game was released in 1996 in Europe and did have a limited release but I am willing to bet that over 90% of the people who own this game do not know what it is worth. I bet there is probably a bunch of these copies in people's closets who think that the Neo Geo is a dead and an outdated system. If someone could get the word out to all the people in Europe about this game, then I bet you would see a lot more of these games popping up and a drastic price reduction. I am willing to bet that at least 200 copies of this game were made. Remember, this site only has about 1% of all the people who were ever into the Neo Geo so a lot more is out there that we don't know about.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
How can I contact Mr. James to see if he wants to buy my mint copy of US Stakes winner?? :D

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
FTL, please give an example of constructive discussion that can come from this sale. Thank you.

Riot Blood Khyron

Marked Wolf
The question I would like answered is, how did Kusanagi-sama'
get his hands on the cart to begin with? Is he the original owner? Did he get it cheap off someone that didnt know better? Did he get it along time ago cheap only to find out just how rare it is later. Also Shawn has a copy? How did he get his? I think they might be interesting stories.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Riot Blood Khyron said:
The question I would like answered is, how did Kusanagi-sama'
get his hands on the cart to begin with? Is he the original owner? Did he get it cheap off someone that didnt know better? Did he get it along time ago cheap only to find out just how rare it is later. Also Shawn has a copy? How did he get his? I think they might be interesting stories.

find.gif

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
I figured that it would sell around this price. I wonder if this sale will bring more Kizuna Encounter Euro carts out of the dark, and up for sale...

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Wow, I'm gonna advertise my next game for $11,500, i hope someone pays me more than I'm asking for the hell of it. :rolleyes:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
P.S.I just sold matrimelee for $175. Fix the price.
got my brand new jp copy last year for as little as $180 including EMS shipping from japan. :drool:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
EMAGDNIM said:
I figured that it would sell around this price. I wonder if this sale will bring more Kizuna Encounter Euro carts out of the dark, and up for sale...

ala ghostlop.

I would lol myself to death if that happend.

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
FTL said:
Anyway,congrats to the new buyer.
Me,Shawn and other neo geo collectors well know the rarity of this title.

I couldn't agree more. This is an exceedingly rare title and the new owner should be happy.

The community here needs to get over the price. People spend their money on all kinds of crazy items and this is no different.

For example, there is a market for collectible perfume bottles that makes this look like lunch money.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Wolf said:
For example, there is a market for collectible perfume bottles that makes this look like lunch money.

OMG, that's even worse.

Robert

20 Year Member
Makismo has a point when he says that most of the euro Kizuna were owned by guys who didn't know what they worth. I know some guys who bought neo games when they were released in Europe and who just put the neo on the shelve when they stop playing video games. Now there are collecting dust or (even worst) were thrown away. I knew two guys in my city who owned euro view point. If I can manage to find them again, perhaps I can get the game for 15€