Kizuna Encounter EURO Sold. $12500.

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Robert said:
Makismo has a point when he says that most of the euro Kizuna were owned by guys who didn't know what they worth. I know some guys who bought neo games when they were released in Europe and who just put the neo on the shelve when they stop playing video games. Now there are collecting dust or (even worst) were thrown away. I knew two guys in my city who owned euro view point. If I can manage to find them again, perhaps I can get the game for 15€

For what I know after doing some reserches and fater what Adol told me,Kizuna was never sold in:
France,Italy,Spain, and so on for a lot of european countries.
Very few shops in Europe sold some Kizuna.

Think about this:some blind people even today label Kizuna as a bad game.
It is a great game with a mad combo system and great graphics(big and detailed sprites).

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
FTL said:
For what I know after doing some reserches and fater what Adol told me,Kizuna was never sold in:
France,Italy,Spain, and so on for a lot of european countries.
Very few shops in Europe sold some Kizuna.

*enter*...and Australia *exit*
;)

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
FTL said:

Think about this:some blind people even today label Kizuna as a bad game.
It is a great game with a mad combo system and great graphics(big and detailed sprites).

You may like it, while some may not. I definitely do not like it, but that doesn't mean I'm blind. Get a grip dude! :rolleyes:

FTL

Staff member
Kusanagi-sama' said:
*enter*...and Australia *exit*
;)

yes,totally Daine.
Australia is definatly a LUCKY market for neo geo US home carts.
ALL US home carts were sold there.

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
FTL said:
yes,totally Daine.
Australia is definatly a LUCKY market for neo geo US home carts.
ALL US home carts were sold there.

Yes...indeed. Australia got lucky when it came to the selling of US carts. Because of Australia being a "PAL" country like Europe/UK we down here were fortunate enough to get all the exremely rare EURO releases like Kizuna and Ultimate 11 - as well as other rare releases like Double Dragon.

Hence, we have seen 2 of the 4 Kizuna EURO carts come from Australia. Who knows - maybe another will surface....only time will tell.;)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Kusanagi-sama' said:
Yes...indeed. Australia got lucky when it came to the selling of US carts. Because of Australia being a "PAL" country like Europe/UK we down here were fortunate enough to get all the exremely rare EURO releases like Kizuna and Ultimate 11 - as well as other rare releases like Double Dragon.

Hence, we have seen 2 of the 4 Kizuna EURO carts come from Australia. Who knows - maybe another will surface....only time will tell.;)

Which was the 2nd one?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Re: nice

dbarrett0928 said:
Nice - now who bought it and where does he live?

France.

But argues he sold 3 of 'em already.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Kristian Meller said:
You may like it, while some may not. I definitely do not like it, but that doesn't mean I'm blind. Get a grip dude! :rolleyes:
Not to derail the thread, but have you played it? I'm curious what you don't like about it. Besides the roster, which I admit is sub-par, it really is a great playing game. Obviously, I'd rather have a car, or pay my rent for a year and a half, but it's a great game on MVS. Good engine -- similar set up to the RB series, great presentation and atmosphere all the way around... yeah, I only really like 4 or 5 of the characters, but...

I'm not saying you have to like it; obviously it's a matter of taste. Just curious if it's the foolish behavior surrounding this game you don't like, or the game itself.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Robert Wallace said:
What are you going to do with the $12,500.00?

He'll probably give most of it to his friend that he sold it for - but he better get some kinda mean ass seller's fee though.

aria

Former Moderator
FTL said:
This news is stiky since it is interesting for serious collectors.

Interesting? Yes.
Should the thread be kept reasonable (i.e. not a flame-fest)? Yes.
Should a "serious" collector automatically find this price remotely reasonable? No.

Man, oh man. I said it before, I say it again:

- Somewhere a child just starved to death.
- Somewhere fool and their money just parted to the tune of $12.5k on a video game
- Related?

Oy-vey, not like this hobby is cheap to begin with.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Bobak said:
Interesting? Yes.
Should the thread be kept reasonable (i.e. not a flame-fest)? Yes.
Should a "serious" collector automatically find this price remotely reasonable? No.

Man, oh man. I said it before, I say it again:

- Somewhere a child just starved to death.
- Somewhere fool just spent $12.5k on a video game

Oy-vey, not like this hobby is cheap to begin with.

Plenty of old rich guys pay 300K or so for a rare classic car and leave in their garage to rot. It's just another case of this.

I propose that you send me your NGH collection and I'll sell it and send all profits to ethiopia .... as long as you'll take my word on it :glee:.

aria

Former Moderator
galfordo said:
Plenty of old rich guys pay 300K or so for a rare classic car and leave in their garage to rot. It's just another case of this.

Must be the discount lot ;)

C'mon man, some of the really cool cars don't even start at that price. Well, maybe a new Roll Royce (no bells and whistles) would drop to 300k once you drive it off the lot :D

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Bobak said:
Must be the discount lot ;)

C'mon man, some of the really cool cars don't even start at that price. Well, maybe a new Roll Royce (no bells and whistles) would drop to 300k once you drive it off the lot :D

Sorry to insult the collectors out there ... but it's been awhile since I've spent Mexico's GNP on set of wheels :D.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Good mother of....that price is absurd.

I'd have to say the only other video game related item that could go for that much money is an original Computer Space cab, especially if its yellow and in good condition. Or one of the first Pong cabinets to go off the production line.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Kristian Meller said:
As I've said before in one of these Euro Kizuna threads: Yes, I've played it!
Cool, thanks for replying. Did you read the next sentence? It said, "I'm curious what you don't like about it."

FTL

Staff member
SouthtownKid said:
Cool, thanks for replying. Did you read the next sentence? It said, "I'm curious what you don't like about it."

I agree with you the roster is not the best.
But the game is really fun for me:I can pull off combos of 40++ hits with Kim and the gameplay is pretty smooth.

Rosa is very charming chara as well for me ...wish she was in more games..

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:

The gameplay, the roster...

daz007

Morden's Lackey
I'd rather have a car, or pay my rent for a year and a half, but it's a great game on MVS

Or if your living in the Uk in Surrey about 6 months ! :)

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
This is a fun game, and worth the price on MVS, but anything over $75 is too much, unless you just want some shelf art.

Matt